Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 18, 2015, 08:03:47 AM
Quote from: Westside on December 17, 2015, 11:41:46 PM
So Keating rules out a return which is disappointing. I never thought he had it upstairs enough to be carry our forward line and push us on to another level but after he left we saw that we didn't really have another viable option for a full forward. As for Dunne leaving well you'd have to say he didn't look like a man enjoying his football and only seemed to be on his game when he had a point to prove after being benched and brought on as a sub.

According to Hoganstand the new lads have been brought in are Enda Henry, Barry Doyle, Conor Finnegan, Thomas Moore, Joe Dillon, Padraic Faulkner, Barry Tully. Hopefully some of them can offer us something new. Doyle certainly knows where the posts are but it's a huge step up. Funny to see Finnegan in there after showing such promise as a minor and then never breaking into the 21s team. Where does Thomas Moore play?

Why can Keating only let the manager know last Tuesday that he can't play due to work commitments? Sound like another boy with a big ego. He had potential but he was a long long way from a top player due mostly to his decision making. Good luck to the new lads. I think Faulkner and Dillon could be big players one day.

The man mightn't have been sure what way his work situation was going to be for the next year until recently and didn't want to commit if he wasn't sure? Makes sense if that's the case to wait before giving an answer rather than  saying yes and then opting out  ::)

Itchy

Eugene might work for some commando unit and his next mission only came in this week.

Blue in hope

Anthony Forde is the new Cavan Gaels manager for 2016 an will be assisted by Paul McCorry.

Westside

I've been out of the loop for a while lads, who is the new backroom team for Terry?

rodney trotter

Moore plays between half forward midfield. Thats only the panel for the McKenna Cup be reviewed again after that. Conor Finnegan played some good stuff with Lacken this year but still a step up to County Senior. See what happens anyway.

Good to see Faulkner on the panel. Rory Dunne won't be back for a few months so Faulkner capable of playing full back. He will probaly be playing wih Maynooth in the O Byrne Cup though.

rodney trotter

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 18, 2015, 03:54:23 PM
Thought Hession was commiting? A lot of backs called in even though we strong there. Would have liked to see Enda O Connell in. One of the best man markers around.

The O Connell twins were in before, not sure if it was a commitment issue or what.I  Casterahan can't really have any complaints about their players not a getting a chance.

Ronan Flanagan, Mackey, Paul Smith, David Wright, Oisin and Enda O Connell, and now Fergal Reilly and Stephen Cooney have been on the panel.

Blue in hope

No one new on Terrys backroom team. Kevin Downes has stepped up to the roll of trainer and the strength and conditioning coach think his name is McGovern are the trio for this year.

Itchy

The thing looks a bit uninspiring this year. Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up in div 3

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Blue in hope on December 24, 2015, 01:46:07 PM
No one new on Terrys backroom team. Kevin Downes has stepped up to the roll of trainer and the strength and conditioning coach think his name is McGovern are the trio for this year.

Is Eoin Maguire from Dublin not the Strength and Conditioning Coach???

Westside

McGovern is the stats man. Everything surrounding Cavan has gone a bit.. flat or something. Is it the financial situation of the County Board?

The U21s have only just started training, every other year they would have been training for a couple of months at this stage. They lost to Fermanagh in a challenge game. Keeping a huge squad, much bigger than previous years. Niall Lynch breaking the mould that had served us so well over the past 5 years it would seem.

Itchy

U21 first game at home to Tyrone, the all Ireland champions.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Itchy on December 24, 2015, 01:55:34 PM
The thing looks a bit uninspiring this year. Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up in div 3

I have a growing feeling of dread about 2016 and I really hope I'm wrong.

Westside

Will we win a Championship game at Senior or Underage this year?

Western Blue

Never known the mood of the supporters to be as low at the start of the new season as at present . No interviews reported or given by the Manager re  plans, no information concerning challenge games played and results and no published list of the complete panel for the McKenna Cup series of matches. From what I am reading and hearing a lot of players are returning to play for their counties but not the same story with us,  The wearing of the Blue jersey and County Crest of Cavan is not worth fighting for anymore . Not a fan of Seanie for what he did in the past but I am prepared to welcome him back and hopefully he can still display his scoring skills again both home and away this season.  Difficult match in Armagh to start the season so hears hoping the season ahead is Blue.

Itchy

I've never seen such disinterest in the senior team and a lot of folk I've talked to are not too happy with Johnston being back. Sure maybe everything is grand in the camp and they'll surprise us.