Blow for the Deise

Started by AZOffaly, May 11, 2015, 09:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Horrible news for Waterford after their great league win. Pauric Mahony broke his leg hurling for Ballygunner against Ballyduff Upper in the Waterford SHC. Apparently a broken tibia is the exact injury, and the timeline for recovery is 4-6 months, so it looks like he's gone for the year. Sad news for him, best wishes to him on his recovery, and a major blow for Waterford.

Two Hands FFS

+1.

It's a big blow for the player, club & county & Hurling itself. We all want to see the best players playing in the summer.

Roashter

Yeah, terrible injury for Mahony to get -hope he gets a full recovery.
It's a major blow to Waterfords' chances against Cork now as he is their chief point scorer.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Sickener for him and supporters

waterfordlad

Big blow for Mahony and Waterford after the success of winning the league the week earlier. It really shows the ups and downs of sport. His brother Philip had a similar injury last year at a similar time of the year and came back well from it. Best wishes to Paraic.

deiseach

It's a blow. He has been metronomic in his freetaking this spring, something you couldn't often say about his predecessors in the role dating back to the 1980's or even his previous stints, if truth be told. That reliability was quite literally the difference against Tipperary. You could also rely on him to chip in with a point or two from play as well. You can anticipate the sly nods and winks that will greet the first missed free by his replacement. Get well soon, Pauric.

Milltown Row2

Will M Shanahan take over?... Bad luck on Mahony btw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

deiseach

Maurice Shanahan would be my choice. I thought he was the man of the match against Cork, he seems to be in a good place at the moment which is nice to be able to say. Jamie Barron, Stephen Bennett and Jake Dillon have all been mentioned though, and Martin O'Neill might come in.

AZOffaly

Quote from: deiseach on May 13, 2015, 09:01:54 AM
Maurice Shanahan would be my choice. I thought he was the man of the match against Cork, he seems to be in a good place at the moment which is nice to be able to say. Jamie Barron, Stephen Bennett and Jake Dillon have all been mentioned though, and Martin O'Neill might come in.

Dunmore East? :)

deiseach

I hope Maurice is not like Dunmore East, i.e. overrated.

deiseach

orangeman

I know Podge wasn't hurling this year but he's picked up a cruciate it seems. Terrible news.