Ulster Club SFC 2019

Started by oakleaflad, October 21, 2019, 10:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on November 17, 2019, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 17, 2019, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 17, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Only saw the clip once but was there a serious amount of steps for the kilcoo goal?
Thought that myself. There was a hop at the start but reckon he took 6/7 steps. But, like you, only saw it once.

Yeah.  Refs need to clamp down on the steps run.

Either that or make the rule offically 6 steps...which everybody does anyway.

That could have been Hughes get out had he blown for steps leading up to that goal, some refs still give extra steps due to a player being held but he clearly ran 7 steps
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

under the bar

Quote from: marty34 on November 17, 2019, 10:31:29 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on November 17, 2019, 10:09:14 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on November 17, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Only saw the clip once but was there a serious amount of steps for the kilcoo goal?
Thought that myself. There was a hop at the start but reckon he took 6/7 steps. But, like you, only saw it once.

Yeah.  Refs need to clamp down on the steps run.

Either that or make the rule offically 6 steps...which everybody does anyway.

But then it will become 8/9 as the norm

Milltown Row2

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 18, 2019, 10:29:38 AM
Sticking to my guns, Glenties or kilcoo wouldnt have made it out of tyrone

FFS, You's couldn't make it out of Fermanagh!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

FermGael

Derrygonnelly missed a serious chance to get to an Ulster club final yesterday.

Kilcoo were there for the taking.  Derrygonnelly completely dominated around the middle and their back 6 kept the dangerous Kilcoo forward line very quiet ( apart from the goal where they switched off). 
Up front though was a different story.  They just lacked composure and took some very poor shots on and missed some very straight forward ones.  I couldn't help think that if they had Michael Gylnn available (he played in the Hogan winning St Michael's team last year and is their captain this year) they would have won.  His free taking alone would probably have got them another two or three points.  Again the rule that prevents under 17s from playing senior football prevented them from doing this.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

twohands!!!

Quote from: FermGael on November 18, 2019, 01:01:44 PM

Kilcoo were there for the taking.  Derrygonnelly completely dominated around the middle and their back 6 kept the dangerous Kilcoo forward line very quiet ( apart from the goal where they switched off). 
Up front though was a different story.  They just lacked composure and took some very poor shots on and missed some very straight forward ones.  I couldn't help think that if they had Michael Gylnn available (he played in the Hogan winning St Michael's team last year and is their captain this year) they would have won.  His free taking alone would probably have got them another two or three points.  Again the rule that prevents under 17s from playing senior football prevented them from doing this.

Twas a horror show as regards the free-taking.
The other horror moment for me was the Kilcoo goal  - so many of the Derrygonnelly players switched off and were more focused on complaining to the ref.
Made it very easy for Kilcoo to take the quick free to the player free in acres of space and nab the goal  - that goal was the key score for me - any team that make as basic a mistake as that in a game can have few complaints in my opinion.

champion1981

if kilcoo had darragh o Hanlon and young Doherty playing they would of won by more!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: champion1981 on November 18, 2019, 09:56:10 PM

if kilcoo had darragh o Hanlon and young Doherty playing they would of won by more!

And if your granny had balls... stupid points. The best team won, just about

Hedgehunter

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 19, 2019, 11:49:16 AM
Quote from: champion1981 on November 18, 2019, 09:56:10 PM

Young Doherty? whos he when hes at home or why was he not playing?
I know O hanlon still on the road back from them operations

He's like a mini Laverty.

greatpoint

Yet another Tyrone parody account?

Mourne Rover

The final has been fixed for Healy Park in Omagh on Sunday, December 1. What sort of shape is the pitch going to be in there ?

barelegs

Quote from: Mourne Rover on November 19, 2019, 10:59:56 PM
The final has been fixed for Healy Park in Omagh on Sunday, December 1. What sort of shape is the pitch going to be in there ?

Well it was immaculate when taking two games on it on Saturday night, so barring a fortnight of rain fairly good....

Main Street

Quote from: barelegs on November 20, 2019, 12:07:17 AM
Quote from: Mourne Rover on November 19, 2019, 10:59:56 PM

Well it was immaculate when taking two games on it on Saturday night, so barring a fortnight of rain fairly good....
The pitch was muck for the 2018 final Gweedore v Scotstown. A particular memory is of a late Scotstown attack being thwarted after a perfect Conor McCarthy  crossfield kick pass landed dead in a pool of water.

thebuzz

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 20, 2019, 11:17:59 AM
Quote from: greatpoint on November 19, 2019, 05:09:49 PM

Yet another Tyrone parody account?

Paraody?
Ive a right to my opinion, however yours is garbage
Does that mean that Crossmaglen or Clontibret or Derrygonnelly wouldn't have got out of Tyrone either?

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2019, 10:56:30 AM

FFS, You's couldn't make it out of Fermanagh!

This is a perfect response

toby47

Tyrone club football has proven to be of a poor standard for many years now.

A brilliant club championship as there are many teams of similar standard. But the Tyrone teams aren't of good standard.

Omagh in 2014 were the only Tyrone team to make an Ulster final in the past 17 years.