Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTC

Thought the kilcoo goalie had a great game today even with all the crap he had to listen to. Ward would be worth a look at for the county

Sandstorm

Sad day for utree, Burren beaten and Kilcoo win.

champion1981

Never got to the kilcoo game unfortunately,  but glad to hear c/duff beat the south down select yewtree and downjim away back to the rock that yous live under,lol ,

Last Caress

Well done to kilcoo today.
A special mention to carryduff on a great win.
Does anyone know how many Range Rover 4 by 4s and Mercedes and posh wealthy boys from The East was at that game.....

BarryBreensBandage

Deserved win for Glenn in the Ulster intermediate QF by beating a much fancied Kinawley side.
Great character and skill in this group of lads.
Magheracloone up next.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Sandstorm

Great to see Glenn winning today. A club on the way up and will be a real force when they get all their players back. Good luck in the semi final.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Sandstorm on November 03, 2019, 09:38:06 PM
Great to see Glenn winning today. A club on the way up and will be a real force when they get all their players back. Good luck in the semi final.
Fair play, thanks
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Mourne Red

I thought Glenn were lucky enough to win BBB, Jack McCartan probably the best player for them on the day.. Strange game plan from Kinawley didn't really attack a lot of lateral passing no one wanting to break the line until last 5 minutes and missed two goal scoring opportunities.. Shocking penalty miss from Ruairi Corrigan at the end also

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Mourne Red on November 04, 2019, 07:49:03 AM
I thought Glenn were lucky enough to win BBB, Jack McCartan probably the best player for them on the day.. Strange game plan from Kinawley didn't really attack a lot of lateral passing no one wanting to break the line until last 5 minutes and missed two goal scoring opportunities.. Shocking penalty miss from Ruairi Corrigan at the end also

Perhaps a bit harsh on Glenn who I thought were always in control (bar the missed penalty) and the better team. Yes the corrigans had plenty of ball but created very little scoring opportunities. Which is surely what you want your defensive setup to do?

downjim

Carryduff are a very good side and they will win Ulster u21.

downjim

Well done to Glenn yesterday btw

general

Quote from: Hedgehunter on November 04, 2019, 12:17:23 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on November 04, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

Perhaps a bit harsh on Glenn who I thought were always in control (bar the missed penalty) and the better team. Yes the corrigans had plenty of ball but created very little scoring opportunities. Which is surely what you want your defensive setup to do?

Wasn't the best game to watch no doubt about it but as far as glenn are concerned we deserved the win. Some score from matty bagnall when he came on to wrap it up.

Glenns defensive game was superb. onwards and upwards

SamFever

Saul now taken over the mantle as the League of Nations for the U21 competition.

Ambrose

Quote from: downjim on November 04, 2019, 12:23:55 PM
Well done to Glenn yesterday btw

And Kilcoo. As a county we always support our representatives in Ulster and indeed beyond.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

downjim

I won't be supporting Kilcoo due to their behaviour this year among others and I have told Kilcoo people this.