Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Good win today for Aghagallon despite not playing their best. Showed a lot of character to fight back and win by 2 in the end. Had the privilege of watching the best referee in the county in action today. Some shine off his head all the same.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 02, 2021, 02:55:33 PM
just reading Irish NewS there and 2 good matches tomorow
St Johns / Cargin - if cargin rest players and st ohns throw everything at it it could be close
Aghag / Endas - winner in loser out - tight match and i hope those city boys dont try and rough up Aghag or we will never hear the end of it!
real championship matches at last
Awks ;D they did, throwing punches off the ball which the officials missed, again.
Didn't pay off for them in the end though.

JimStynes

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on October 03, 2021, 04:03:08 PM
Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 02, 2021, 02:55:33 PM
just reading Irish NewS there and 2 good matches tomorow
St Johns / Cargin - if cargin rest players and st ohns throw everything at it it could be close
Aghag / Endas - winner in loser out - tight match and i hope those city boys dont try and rough up Aghag or we will never hear the end of it!
real championship matches at last
Awks ;D they did, throwing punches off the ball which the officials missed, again.
Didn't pay off for them in the end though.

I didn't see a whole pile of off the ball stuff. One incident in the second half and that was it.

rogercasement

Awful game of ball at Portglenone today, but job done. Big improvement needed for next day. Big Niall red whilst soft, he was silly, Ahoghill man did exact same thing seconds earlier. Poor from Ahoghill they persisted with high ball in that thankfully wasn't working.
Did Cargin field full strength?

imtommygunn

Really interesting quarter finals...

Cargin v st galls - you would expect cargin to win but no love lost so you never know.
Creggan v St. John's - Creggan favourites
Aghagallon - st Brigid's - st brigid's maybe but hard to call.
Ld v portglenone. Ld favourites.

Belfast GAA man

when r the matches? hopefully some doibles headers. watched LD match and it was crap sorry
£cargin still big favourites

imtommygunn

23rd and 24th of October. Very late. I dunno if Ulster is running but if it is I dunno how it will be run off anywhere near in time.

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2021, 07:14:11 PM
23rd and 24th of October. Very late. I dunno if Ulster is running but if it is I dunno how it will be run off anywhere near in time.

The Donegal and Derry club champions will meet in the senior football opener on the weekend of 20-21 November.

All four quarter-finals  ( 5th Dec)will take place two weeks later with the semi-finals on the weekend before Christmas.(19th)

JimStynes

Quote from: delgany on October 03, 2021, 07:50:29 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2021, 07:14:11 PM

The Donegal and Derry club champions will meet in the senior football opener on the weekend of 20-21 November.

All four quarter-finals  ( 5th Dec)will take place two weeks later with the semi-finals on the weekend before Christmas.(19th)

Madness

imtommygunn

Well at least it lines up with ulster. Very late and harsh enough on club players.

the goal was on

Disgraceful really but clubs year after sit back and take it

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2021, 08:03:30 PM
Well at least it lines up with ulster. Very late and harsh enough on club players.

As Jim says absolute fuckin madness
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

EOC1923

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 03, 2021, 07:09:47 PM
when r the matches? hopefully some doibles headers. watched LD match and it was crap sorry
£cargin still big favourites
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

BealnaBlath

Away fur wkend and didn't get to any games. Still think no way closer to seeing were teams are. Hard to read too much in2 Cargin defeat or Hannahstown low point victory. Looking at the saffron gael, it looks like the team Cargin had out wasn't full strength, missing Mick McCann and James Laverty, but they seem to be in the pictures of the game? Strange ...

Feel sorry for Creggan the farce of the group stage has left without games for near 2 months by knockout stage.

Cargin/Creggan should still get to final on one side,I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see a dark horse get to final on the other side though. Agh, Brides & PG1 will all fancy there chances. Great to see for club football in general.

Not much ref bashing either which is good also, I see McKeown getting praises (rightly so) in few posts back even if he lets it go slightly too much, I think he could be best in ulster with little bit more use of cards ;D. Good debate and craic on this after champo is great to see. Into proper knock out football now and best of luck to all. Some cracking games in store

imtommygunn

I think st johns will give creggan a tough game particularly with being out of the hurling. Wouldn't completely write them off.

Aghagallon st brigids definitely an interesting one too. The biggest underdogs are probably portglenone and st galls which you wouldn't have thought a few years ago.