John Mitchel - a lover of slavery - time to remove his name from GAA clubs?

Started by sid waddell, June 09, 2020, 11:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Well then let the community make the call, not some bureaucrat in Croke Park

While unscientific the support online for retaining the name looks to be about 20:1 in favor of retaining

Those opposed IMHO seem to be the local SJWs who've never attended a game in their lives and members of rival clubs trying to stir the pot

Chief

Quote from: whitey on June 16, 2020, 10:23:02 AM

While unscientific the support online for retaining the name looks to be about 20:1 in favor of retaining

Those opposed IMHO seem to be the local SJWs who've never attended a game in their lives and members of rival clubs trying to stir the pot

It's what I've always said. Ultimately up to them.

But everyone else is entitled to condemn it to the high heavens if they see fit.

And everyone else are entitled to respond with administrative responses if they see fit also.

And the club will have to live with that. Actions/choices have consequences and the club has no entitlement to be insulated from them.

If that means loss of players or sponsors well then tough

five points

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 16, 2020, 09:18:18 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 16, 2020, 02:55:41 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 16, 2020, 02:35:41 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 16, 2020, 01:39:18 AM
They can look at it all they want.....the decision should rest with the club......end of story

The "reputation" of the wider GAA could also be adversely affected by their association with paedophiles, Nazi sympathizers and IRA/INLA murder squads, but they're willing to take that risk because an internet mob haven't happened upon them.......yet

I take it at this point you aren't going to elaborate on the Dan Breen was a Nazi line?

Plenty of evidence all over the internet

https://markhumphrys.com/dan.breen.html

Any chance of a credible, non extremist source?

Mark Humphrys is a wholly credible source. Show him where you think he's wrong on any point and he'll put you right.

He's not extremist either although some people who dislike his work regularly smear him as such as they are unable to directly rebut him.

whitey

Quote from: Chief on June 16, 2020, 10:33:56 AM

But everyone else is entitled to condemn it to the high heavens if they see fit.

And everyone else are entitled to respond with administrative responses if they see fit also.

And the club will have to live with that. Actions/choices have consequences and the club has no entitlement to be insulated from them.

"Everyone else" is not entitled to respond with Administrative responses......only Croke Park can do that and in the link I shared about the situation with the clubs up North, that option was absolutely not on the table.

With the local support seeming to be overwhelming for the club at this point, I think they can live with the consequences.

whitey

Quote from: five points on June 16, 2020, 10:39:07 AM
They can look at it all they want.....the decision should rest with the club......end of story

The "reputation" of the wider GAA could also be adversely affected by their association with paedophiles, Nazi sympathizers and IRA/INLA murder squads, but they're willing to take that risk because an internet mob haven't happened upon them.......yet

I take it at this point you aren't going to elaborate on the Dan Breen was a Nazi line?

Mark Humphrys is a wholly credible source. Show him where you think he's wrong on any point and he'll put you right.

He's not extremist either although some people who dislike his work regularly smear him as such as they are unable to directly rebut him.

I dont know much about Mark Humphrys, but he had pulled everything together in one place.

There was a contemporary newspaper report of the Nazi funeral

There was a first hand account about the Hitler picture by the American journalist who visited him in his house and wrote about it immediately afterwards

There were the documents recovered from the German Embassy in Dublin

Another hero of the Flying Columns, Tom Barry, actually travelled to Nazi Germany

Chief

Quote from: whitey on June 16, 2020, 11:13:22 AM

"Everyone else" is not entitled to respond with Administrative responses......only Croke Park can do that and in the link I shared about the situation with the clubs up North, that option was absolutely not on the table.

With the local support seeming to be overwhelming for the club at this point, I think they can live with the consequences.

Croke Park can.

Everyone else can too.

Damn all you could do about it.

LeoMc

whitey

Quote from: Chief on June 16, 2020, 11:30:25 AM
Quote from: whitey on June 16, 2020, 11:13:22 AM

Croke Park can.

Everyone else can too.

Damn all you could do about it.

LOL......believe what you want.

This could lead to a civil war within the organization

Baile Brigín 2

He is in his hole credible. Have a wander through the rest of his blog, its a cesspit.

He won't 'set you right' if you question him. He will call you an antisemite and block you.

five points

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 16, 2020, 11:56:30 AM

He is in his hole credible. Have a wander through the rest of his blog, its a cesspit.

He won't 'set you right' if you question him. He will call you an antisemite and block you.

Go on Twitter and challenge him on the contents of his (well-referenced) blog. He's there every day. If you steer clear of anti-semitic comments and tropes and refrain from personal abuse, he will have no reason to block you.

whitey

All the information is original source

Google it and you'll find it all over the web

I shared that link because he pulled it all together

johnnycool

+1.

His blinding support of Israel is a bit galling yet everyone else is a terrorist.

whitey

So did he forge the newspaper article?

Did he forge the book by the American Author?

Did he forge the documents from the German embassy in Dublin?

five points

Quote from: johnnycool on June 16, 2020, 12:05:50 PM
+1.

His blinding support of Israel is a bit galling yet everyone else is a terrorist.

So you disagree with him. That's grand but it alters not a jot his credibility as a commentator or source.

whitey

I have a great idea

Let's look at every GAA Club in the land and start a campaign against those clubs who are sponsored by publicans who refuse to serve travellers.  Let's pay special attention to those clubs who have publicans on their executives and lobby Croke Park to withhold their funding