Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

heganboy

Interesting research published that there is a very strong case to be made that the conservative party's austerity measures were the root cause of brexit...

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/manage/publications/381-2018_fetzer.pdf
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Denn Forever

How come Scot;and and NI voted remain?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Higher IQ  levels?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

There's no such thing as a Little Scotlander or Little NI'er. Lower levels of racism, xenophobia, jingoism and imperialistic delusions.

bennydorano

Comedian Stewart Lee said it best, not just racists voted for Brexit, c**ts did too.

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2018, 09:21:35 AM
Comedian Stewart Lee said it best, not just racists voted for Brexit, c***ts did too.

Frankie boyle;

"Respecting people who had genuine concerns about the accountability or the fate of Greece doesn't mean you have to accord the same respect to people who want to leave Europe because they don't like Pakistanis."

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hardy on August 02, 2018, 07:59:35 PM
There's no such thing as a Little Scotlander or Little NI'er. Lower levels of racism, xenophobia, jingoism and imperialistic delusions.

There is still far too much racism in NI. I used to work with a Pakistani guy in Belfast who got a terrible time of it. There are quite a few with imperialistic delusions too - mainly in the DUP.

seafoid

Quote from: heganboy on August 02, 2018, 05:22:01 PM
Interesting research published that there is a very strong case to be made that the conservative party's austerity measures were the root cause of brexit...

https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/research/centres/cage/manage/publications/381-2018_fetzer.pdf
I was thinking the same thing. The people behind austerity are also behind Brexit.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 02, 2018, 06:08:13 PM
How come Scot;and and NI voted remain?

They are less likely to be swayed by England centric British nationalism.

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

There is still far too much racism in NI. I used to work with a Pakistani guy in Belfast who got a terrible time of it. There are quite a few with imperialistic delusions too - mainly in the DUP.

Those two groups tend to overlap quite a bit.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 03, 2018, 01:08:20 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2018, 12:28:37 PM

Those two groups tend to overlap quite a bit.

If you think Nationalists in N.I are not racist then you are deluded... to be fair its probably an older generation and a younger (late teens) generation in areas where education wouldnt have been high on the agenda.. but I would have heard it a lot when I was teaching and still hear it from my dads generation (whom i see very much)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The pakistani fella i knew had awful bother on the cromwell road in belfast(just off botanic). That's mixed. People just walking up to him in the street and racially abusing him. It was shocking. Sadly that happens in any community. There was a very publicised (on social media anyway) incident on the falls recently too so sadly happens everywhere.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on August 03, 2018, 03:14:53 PM
Though, if you were to count up incidents of racial intimidation and violence, the balance would weigh a lot heavier on one side I'd imagine?

Probaby, but for instance, where I used to live, Iveagh on the Falls, a lot of the people living in and around there work in the hospital, City or the Royal, they are from overseas, various different ethnic backgrounds.. Had a client who came in the other day from there and basically for about 20 minutes he was giving off about the 'chinks' that have moved in!!! I was continually trying to take him off the topic but he kept going back to it, saying 'I'm sure your glad you don't live there anymore' Damn right I'm glad, would be torture to have to listen to a dick like that!

But hey, I wouldnt be looking at who does it the most, its not a competition to see who hates who the most... Its funny that most of the people that moved here more or less moved into the traditional protestant areas.. Now its seems to be even enough over all areas, so we may well see more of it on both sides! Hope not
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea