Tyrone v Donegal - Sunday 18th June at 2pm

Started by Fuzzman, May 29, 2017, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on June 18, 2017, 09:15:52 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 18, 2017, 08:56:17 PM
Let the Donegal folk deal with their manager. I felt the performance of the Tyrone young uns trumped the old guys except for cc of course a real good sign that they are nearing ready for bigger battles.

Thought McGeary and Hampsey were both superb. Was Meyler injured?

Wouldn't envisage any changes for the Ulster final if we have no injury concerns. Hopefully Mulgrew just suffered a knock, he did a great job on McHugh.

Mulgrew came down very heavy after an attempted catch. I think he's probably just bruised

Hampsey got the chance to come out the field by picking up Murphy and looked good, what was going on with his 2nd point being waved wide? Clueless nepotic Umpires as per usual, they got Bradley the line too with their undue influence

McGeary was excellent also, like Sludden he's a very composed player

StephenC

Well done Tyrone. Excellent performance in all aspects.

We were completely outclassed. Getting beat happens, but the lack of passion from the players and the apparent lack of gameplan to break down the Tyrone defence were extremely frustrating. The hope now is to get out of this year without another hockying.

J70

Haven't heard what Gallagher said, but I think serious questions need to be asked and answered after a performance like that.

I would not have been too shocked if someone told me beforehand that there would be six or seven points in it at the end, but I would have envisaged Tyrone pulling away late on after a tight battle. That we would basically throw in the towel in a ten minute period before half time after being well in the game, with players chasing shadows, marking no one, and allowing Tyrone players to stream through to hit unchallenged points, I wouldn't have believed in a million years. In addition, last year's final has been discussed to death, so one wonders what the hell Donegal were up to in training when preparing for this game, that they would basically spend much of the game trying to walk the ball through the center of the Tyrone half back line again? Young players can freeze, but is there any way that can be blamed for what looked like a case of complete tactical ineptitude?

P.S. Well done Tyrone. Superb performance.

quit yo jibbajabba

Why does Thomas Kane/Niblock say Hampshey for Hampsey. Whass that about hi

omagh_gael

Great day out and an excellent performance by Tyrone. Does anybody know if the championship on BBC is available on iPlayer during the week? The wife turned off the plug to sky box and didn't record the game!!

BennyCake

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 18, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Maybe they have Dutch roots.

Aughafad

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
Great day out and an excellent performance by Tyrone. Does anybody know if the championship on BBC is available on iPlayer during the week? The wife turned off the plug to sky box and didn't record the game!!
Yeah, it'll be available after midnight tonight

omagh_gael

Quote from: Aughafad on June 18, 2017, 09:56:49 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
Yeah, it'll be available after midnight tonight

Good man, divorce was on the cards when I got home!

Surprised no one has mentioned it but imo the winning of the game was our press on the Donegal kick outs in the 2nd quarter. I was in Pat Mc Grane on 30 yard line and we really put serious pressure on McGinley. We then destroyed them on break ball and our shooting was phenomenal. Don't think I've ever seen us go that full on with the press.

Really looking forward to seeing Petey Harte's point in first half were he threw two pretty outrageous dummies, iirc, before sending it over with the weaker right foot.

red hander

Quote from: BennyCake on June 18, 2017, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 18, 2017, 09:50:48 PM

Maybe they have Dutch roots.

Or are just clowns

omaghjoe

tothetop03

Only in stopped coming home from Clones for a few scoops..... whats a perfomance....

BennyCake

Quote from: tothetop03 on June 18, 2017, 10:58:37 PM
Only in stopped coming home from Clones for a few scoops..... whats a perfomance....

'Twas more than a few!  ;D

Main Street

Tyrone over prepared for this game, peaked too soon?

Orior

I was one of those that thought Mickey Harte's days were numbered. Life in the old dog yet.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians