Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

That concurs with popular opinion. And Casements are not in any final yet either!

Stats are one thing. You can cherry pick 7 years for a reason if it suits your narrative....

It took Cargin a long Time from 1974 to win another, and how long did it take Creggan to add to their title list. Things change, put hard work in, believe, develop your players through formative years, get facilities in place including S&C and build your panel strength. This takes time.

Some clubs coming late to the table but you can expect them to be around for a long time.

Lár na páirce 1

Stats=facts when it comes to senior championship winners

NatSoSaff

McEntee was out and about the games at the weekend, hopefully he was encouraged by what was on show. Any standout players putting a hand up for county selection?

breakingball

Stats are there to be broken. History matters nothing for this year.

Portlgenone should make the final on all known evidence and form. Whoever comes out of the other half will probably beat them in the final.

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 16, 2022, 12:40:23 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 16, 2022, 10:35:06 AM
In effect the county final in other words....

I'm not just buying that atm, LD Johnnie's, possibly Rossa could all upset that notion on any given day with full panels together and maybe home advantage.

Still happy enough with my EW investment at 12/1though - wouldn't be swapping that for any other ticket.

In the last 7 years Cargin 5 times, Lamh Dhearg&Creggan one each outside of these 3 teams no one else has shown a thing.
I keep hearing Rossa mentioned at times they have done next to nothing in championship in 30 plus years.
Johnnies last title in 1998 also
Casements won't be tested until the final but I'd say the champions will come from the tougher side.

country bumpkin

Think BS needs to have another look at the 'stats'....yes Cargin have win 5 out of the last seven championships.
But those 'stats' also say they have won 2 out of the last three minor titles and possibly unlucky in search of three in a row. They had added this year's minor league title and are contenders for the 2022 version.
Cargin also had four u-18s in their champioship game to date and had six on the bench....
Look again at the stats....please.
Maybe not this year but in there for the long haul...possibly a tad biased but such are the stats.....
'

marty34

Quote from: breakingball on August 16, 2022, 03:09:32 PM
Stats are there to be broken. History matters nothing for this year.

Portlgenone should make the final on all known evidence and form. Whoever comes out of the other half will probably beat them in the final.

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 16, 2022, 12:40:23 PM
Quote from: bannside on August 16, 2022, 10:35:06 AM
In effect the county final in other words....

I'm not just buying that atm, LD Johnnie's, possibly Rossa could all upset that notion on any given day with full panels together and maybe home advantage.

Still happy enough with my EW investment at 12/1though - wouldn't be swapping that for any other ticket.

In the last 7 years Cargin 5 times, Lamh Dhearg&Creggan one each outside of these 3 teams no one else has shown a thing.
I keep hearing Rossa mentioned at times they have done next to nothing in championship in 30 plus years.
Johnnies last title in 1998 also
Casements won't be tested until the final but I'd say the champions will come from the tougher side.

Bit early to to be picking finalists, never mind winners.

EOC1923

The county final will be between Cargin or Creggan or Lamh Dhearg  or St Johns versus Portglenone.  You heard it here first  ;D

bannside

No one doubting Cargin pedigree or what they have coming through.  Credit to them for doing this consistently.  Definitely the current template for all to aspire to.

If you're in any doubt....don't worry....CB will let you know. Lol.

Milltown Row2

Some great chat and still another game to go in the groups..

So who's defo through?

PG1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

erinsboy

At least the discussion has moved away from bad ref's.
PG1 to make the final,ye heard it hear also  ;D

stiffler

PG1 have a great chance this year to get their hands on the trophy. I'd fear that the relatively handy run to the final will mean a lack of hard tight games before coming up against the winner of the stronger side of the draw.

Quote from: erinsboy on August 16, 2022, 07:08:07 PM
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on August 16, 2022, 07:08:07 PM

Time yet when the crunch games come, be handing out hankies instead of cards  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Seedlings based on league positions next year ? Avoid a lop sided competition when everyone say 1 team as god as in the final

stiffler

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 16, 2022, 09:16:26 PM
Seedlings based on league positions next year ? Avoid a lop sided competition when everyone say 1 team as god as in the final

Open draw the way to go. The best team ends up winning it regardless of the draw.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

asaffgael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 06:46:47 PM
Some great chat and still another game to go in the groups..

So who's defo through?

PG1

Moneyglass beat PG1 by 8 and st brigids win and PG1 are out