Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 03, 2022, 11:47:32 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on August 03, 2022, 10:52:50 PM
Quote from: Saffron71 on August 03, 2022, 08:44:16 PM
Folks I've just heard this evening that a well respected underage coach in North Antrim has stepped down from taking his club's U15 team due to a complaint being made to the club chairperson by a parent about their child being substituted.   Maybe there is more to it but it sounds disappointing from the parents point of view.  Almost like sour grapes.

Who is this coach?

Who actually listens to a parent? This has to be a joke?

Executives

Saffron71

Executives exactly.  From what I've heard,  the parent in question is a committee member within the club.  And I'm lead to believe that this parent has been trying to interfere with this coach's work throughout the year.  So maybe the coach in question has simply had enough of this and doesn't feel supported by the club's executive.

marty34

I'd say there are a few parents who would be hard to work with.

Especially the ones who would stand behind the wire and wouldn't lift a cone.  They'd be the most vocal if wee Jimmy doesn't get a start in an underage tournament.

ciaran1988

Championship Predictions

St Endas vs Cushendall - Cushendall by 7
Rossa vs Carey - Rossa 10 plus
Ballycastle vs Dunloy - Dunloy by 8
St Johns vs Loughgiel - Loughgiel by 4

Oisins vs Glenravel - Oisins by 8
St Galls vs Creggan - Creggan by 2
Cushendun vs St Paul's - Cushendun by 6
Tir na Og vs Gort na Mona - Tir na Og by 4

St Brigids vs Davitts - Davitts by 3
Ballymena vs Rasharkin - Ballymena by 2
Armoy vs Cloughmills - DRAW
Lamh Dhearg vs Glenarm - Glenarm by 10 plus

marty34

Gleeson getting another 2 years with Antrim.

Good move by Antrim. Now he can sit back and watch the championship games and add to his panel.

imtommygunn

That's great news. I was worried he would move on. It will be a tough year next year mind you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2022, 03:03:42 PM
That's great news. I was worried he would move on. It will be a tough year next year mind you.

Thought last year was tough and Antrim managed to win at Croke gain entry to McCarthy cup and stay in Div 1... you'd want that every year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on August 04, 2022, 06:45:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 04, 2022, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 04, 2022, 03:03:42 PM

Thought last year was tough and Antrim managed to win at Croke gain entry to McCarthy cup and stay in Div 1... you'd want that every year
Ihave to agree MR,good news

I think next year will be brilliant, 5 Div 1 league games and 5 Championship matches, can't wait.
Good to see Gleeson signing on again, well deserved

paddyjohn

Cushendall walking away with it. Far better side in every dept.

imtommygunn

That streaming is not good. I can watch a minute or so at a time then the page crashes. About the third time it kicks me out of being logged in and now I can't even select the option to login again. I would be wary of paying for that.

From what I saw cushendall having it easy.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 08:34:12 PM
That streaming is not good. I can watch a minute or so at a time then the page crashes. About the third time it kicks me out of being logged in and now I can't even select the option to login again. I would be wary of paying for that.

From what I saw cushendall having it easy.

Streaming is pure rubbish. Camera work is crap.

Hope all improves

imtommygunn

Changed browser and at least it work. The commentators didn't seem to notice maskey getting the red. Had to be as it was pretty rough. (At least I think it was red?!). Out of character and more frustration tbf.

Strong enough cushendall team. There'll not be many beat them though still hard to look past Dunloy.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 08:54:47 PM
Changed browser and at least it work. The commentators didn't seem to notice maskey getting the red. Had to be as it was pretty rough. (At least I think it was red?!). Out of character and more frustration tbf.

Strong enough cushendall team. There'll not be many beat them though still hard to look past Dunloy.

He getting no change at all. Left high and dry in there against 2 men.

imtommygunn

Yeah and two Burkes too. Never understood why Martin Burke not a regular for Antrim.

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2022, 09:56:41 PM
Yeah and two Burkes too. Never understood why Martin Burke not a regular for Antrim.

Always seems bothered with injuries. A tough cookie also