Ulster club football league 2009

Started by Oak Leafer, January 02, 2009, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Aaron Boone

screenexile

Yip defo on at 8.15pm in Emyvale... disaster!!

Oakleafer93

Quote from: screenexile on March 30, 2009, 04:02:06 PM
A few maybe, Doyle and McCloy the most notable that I could think of. They still had Drumm, O'Boyle, O'Neill, Murphy all playing though (As well as Shane Devlin who must have recently transferred from Cargin) so not a massively weakened team. They didn't play well at all though in fairness to them.

Lavey were without at least 5 of their starting team, I'm sure screen would still have beaten us but not by the marging the did. Bumble was simply unmarkable.

Mc Cloy
Stephen Henry
Doyler
Paul Hearty
Colm Dillon

screenexile

Will Hearty be back playing this year again? Was chatting to him a while ago and he wasn't sure I know he could only last a few minutes a game last year.

Keyser soze

Think this final is always at Emyvale, they instigated this competition, though it has grown quite a bit in its geographical spread since its inception, thus clubs having to travel further for the final.

If i was yous i'd refuse to travel!!! I was at this final once, the stewarding was abysmal.  :D

If yous do go - Good Luck - keep her in Doire!

Oak Leafer

Screen won by 2!

Great for the lads to won this game, can only aid their development which is going in the right direction.

Tho i'd swap an Ulster League success for 2 points against the Sirs on Tuesday!

KIDDO 4

Dromore 1.9,Ballinascreen  1.11,ColmMcCullagh hitting 1.5 for the losers.

DoYerJob Linesman

Congratulations Ballinascreen.  That is an impressive result against a good team. Well done.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

fitzroyalty

Fair play to Ballinascreen on a great result, has anyone outside of Derry won it yet? lol

DoYerJob Linesman

How many years has it been going?  We've won it twice, with Glenullin and now 'Screen having won it once.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

KIDDO 4

Carrickmore 2006, and Cavan Gaels in 2004, when the competition commenced.

screenexile

Just back after the game (and a cupla celebratory scoops). Yeah fantastic performance from the lads as mentioned previously. Kept McCullagh very quiet (He got a goal from play after some cute hoorism from Ricey but his 5 points were all from frees I think).  We were like a completely different team from the one that got beaten by Kilrea at the weekend even though it was the same personnel.

As someone said though it's nice to win but 2 points against the sirs on Tuesday (or Monday there's talk of bringing it forward) is what's important at the minute after starting the league so badly. Great game of football it has to be said played on a superb surface. Benny Murray got man of the match but there were 2 or 3 candidates just as well placed who could have gotten the award... UP THE 'SCREEN!!!!!

Oakleafer93

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2009, 02:58:10 PM
Will Hearty be back playing this year again? Was chatting to him a while ago and he wasn't sure I know he could only last a few minutes a game last year.

Aye he was playing against Glen there scored 2 or 3 points.

screenmachine

Mannn Screen.  Good game of football last night with McCullagh scoring an absolute wonder goal, beat two men then pinged it across goal to the far top right from just inside the 21 yard line.  That brought it level and when Dromore went another two up I thought it could have been curtains, but in fairness the lads dug in and pulled a result out.  That mcmenamin man has some engine in him, the hoor never stopped all night!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.