Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TF15

Of course he is. Whether he's worth of a start is a different matter.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tommo2 on January 23, 2016, 11:16:52 PM
Is Ronan O'Neill worth a place on the Tyrone panel.

Don't think he played badly tonight, the game changed for Tyrone tonight when Meyler was brought on at half time and started dictating things for Tyrone. McAliskey also came on for O'Neill at the same time but up until then both he and Brennan were very quiet as Tyrone were being dominated in the middle of the park and there was little ball going in, he took a nice score towards the end of the second half.

McAliskey and McCurry are the two starting forwards and O'Neill and Brennan are good backup to have at the minute.

Any thoughts on the XV for Cavan? Were Harte, McCrory, Cavanagh and Richie Donnelly injured tonight?

I hope Richie Donnelly gets a run at midfield against Cavan if he's fit. Sludden was excellent tonight so would also deserve a start.

on the sideline

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 23, 2016, 11:58:07 PM

Don't think he played badly tonight, the game changed for Tyrone tonight when Meyler was brought on at half time and started dictating things for Tyrone. McAliskey also came on for O'Neill at the same time but up until then both he and Brennan were very quiet as Tyrone were being dominated in the middle of the park and there was little ball going in, he took a nice score towards the end of the second half.

McAliskey and McCurry are the two starting forwards and O'Neill and Brennan are good backup to have at the minute.

Any thoughts on the XV for Cavan? Were Harte, McCrory, Cavanagh and Richie Donnelly injured tonight?

I hope Richie Donnelly gets a run at midfield against Cavan if he's fit. Sludden was excellent tonight so would also deserve a start.

Harte and McCrory are in Canada on a skiing holiday.

Redhand Santa

Good win last night after playing very poorly for the first 45 minutes. A few performances in the first half will make it easy for Harte to cut two or three from the panel today or tomorrow.

Was great to see some of the newer players like Meyler and Sludden drive the team on when they were behind against and experienced Derry team. If we can keep everyone fit there is a potentially very strong team there. Any guesses for what his league team will be next week? Harte has a few decisions to make there.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 24, 2016, 10:31:42 AM
Good win last night after playing very poorly for the first 45 minutes. A few performances in the first half will make it easy for Harte to cut two or three from the panel today or tomorrow.

Was great to see some of the newer players like Meyler and Sludden drive the team on when they were behind against and experienced Derry team. If we can keep everyone fit there is a potentially very strong team there. Any guesses for what his league team will be next week? Harte has a few decisions to make there.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off certain players on the basis of last night, there was an imbalance to the team I felt with too many big physical player playing and not enough pace or mobility in the starting side. Few players were played out of position as well.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: on the sideline on January 24, 2016, 01:25:14 AM

Is Peter Harte not a teacher? Thought it was very difficult for teachers to take time out during the school year.

bigpackiechestout

Good to see mcshane get a few points last night, expected him to feature more for the seniors as the championship progressed last year and thought he'd been looking out of form and confidence recently but that should do him the world of good.

Any sign of these extended highlights the bbc were supposed to have on their website?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 11:23:33 AM

Is Peter Harte not a teacher? Thought it was very difficult for teachers to take time out during the school year.

School ski trip?

GaelTheGael

Be alot of pressure on Harry Og Conlon and Patrick Quinn to remain on the squad now after dissapointing performances last night. I would also say David Mulgrew will drop of the panel to focus solely on the Under 21s. Conor Clarke didnt exactly cover himself in glory either in the first half, be a question mark over what his role can be for the year ahead.

redhandefender

I would take brennan starting over mc curry everyday, was good when he came on last night but hes had his chance and bottled it at key times.

difficult one with o'neill, he just doesnt have the pace for full forward line and can harte accomodate him rounf half forward line with so many hard workers in the squad in and around there, i don't think he can.

Sludden and Myler were fantastic, thought mc shane showed great ball to after a dissapointing start to keep going for it. Also both mc gearys look the part

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redhandefender on January 24, 2016, 12:46:46 PM

I would take brennan starting over mc curry everyday, was good when he came on last night but hes had his chance and bottled it at key times.

difficult one with o'neill, he just doesnt have the pace for full forward line and can harte accomodate him rounf half forward line with so many hard workers in the squad in and around there, i don't think he can.

Sludden and Myler were fantastic, thought mc shane showed great ball to after a dissapointing start to keep going for it. Also both mc gearys look the part

McCurry gets a lot of harsh press for me. He had a couple of bad days on frees against Donegal and Kerry last year but he was very good from open play. Brennan is unproven at the top level, McCurry is proven. Ryan Wylie was touted as the standout corner back in the country last year up until the quarter final with Tyrone and McCurry destroyed him.

Brennan is a smashing talent but he has it all to prove. McCurry is much further down the progression line at the minute and hopefully the pressure for places will push both lads to produce their best. Right now, McCurry is the guy who deserves the jersey.

Il Bomber Destro

I find McShane to be an extremely frustrating player. He has it all for a modern day footballer, he's big, strong, fit, quick. He's good in the air, he can kick points off both feet but his decision making and efficiency is really lacking. I lost count of the number of attacks that broke down with him last night, running into traffic, fumbling balls under no real pressure and hitting shots from impossible angles. He didn't seem to be tuned in at all for the game in normal time.

He's a young lad so it's bound to be inexperience/nerves/confidence at this stage but he really needs to up his game to nail down a starting spot.

Newbridge Exile

McCrory is away skiing,don't think Harte is though

driveherin

Any word on who has been chopped? I heard the phone calls were being made yesterday evening!!! ;) ;)

redhandefender

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 24, 2016, 01:54:38 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on January 24, 2016, 12:46:46 PM

McCurry gets a lot of harsh press for me. He had a couple of bad days on frees against Donegal and Kerry last year but he was very good from open play. Brennan is unproven at the top level, McCurry is proven. Ryan Wylie was touted as the standout corner back in the country last year up until the quarter final with Tyrone and McCurry destroyed him.

Brennan is a smashing talent but he has it all to prove. McCurry is much further down the progression line at the minute and hopefully the pressure for places will push both lads to produce their best. Right now, McCurry is the guy who deserves the jersey.

In your opinion, he doesn't have the bottle when needed as he has proved, better to push brennan through now.