Is Ricky Gervais funny?

Started by Eamonnca1, January 11, 2016, 07:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

No wides

Do you find him funny?  I would say some do some don't, bit of a pointless thread.

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Milltown Row2

Was, find him more annoying now.....

nearly as bad as these pointless threads that go up.... is there a competition at the minute for putting up the most threads?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

charlieTully

screenexile

Quote from: charlieTully on January 11, 2016, 09:10:36 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 11, 2016, 07:42:00 AM
Discuss.

Extras and the office were both brilliant

Along with that the XFM stuff and early podcasts were side splittingly funny.

Personally I think he's gone off the boil a bit the last series of Life's too Short wasn't great I thought and his movies are just OK. His last few appearances at the Golden Globes have been funny though it will be interesting to see clips of how last night went!

thebigfella

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 11, 2016, 07:42:00 AM
Discuss.

How about this. You give us an actual opinion (and not one you've plagiarized of another person on the net) so we can tell you if you are right or wrong...

BennyHarp

Meh, sometimes he is, sometimes he isn't.
That was never a square ball!!

Longshanks

I think he is someone who thinks he is funny which I don't think find that enjoyable at times although no doubt he is funny, also slagging off Mel Gibson is an easy target so I dont think thats great comedy as anybody could do that.

Hardy

Gervais and funny – words that go together like horse and submarine.

Aristo 60

Orior

Ricky Gervais was hilarious in The Office. It was a ground-breaking series which poked fun at the world we all knew, in a way that wasn't done before.

Unfortunately for Ricky he turned out to be a one-trick pony. As long as he sticks to playing David Brent he can be funny, otherwise he can be dull.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

thebigfella

Quote from: Orior on January 11, 2016, 11:37:10 AM
Ricky Gervais was hilarious in The Office. It was a ground-breaking series which poked fun at the world we all new, in a way that wasn't done before.

Unfortunately for Ricky he turned out to be a one-trick pony. As long as he sticks to playing David Brent he can be funny, otherwise he can be dull.

Actor, tv/radio presenter, stand up comedian, script writer, producer,  musician, band manager, etc..... Obviously better at some than others.

Whether you like him or not; he's definitely not a one trick pony.

AZOffaly

I think he means one trick in terms of the type of role he likes to play. David Brent was funny.