The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 12, 2016, 09:09:53 PM
It's not sweets that do the damage as you know yo avoid them,  it's the huge amount of hidden sugar in seemingly healthy stuff like low fat yoghurts, fruit juice  and muesli / cereals!

Exactly, you can decide not to have biscuits etc and sweets are pretty small by volume, the hidden sugar is harder to identify.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

I'm a huge lucozade fan.
Of course I knew it was full of sugar but seeing how much in Gabs post above is scary.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manfromdelmonte

cut out bread and most wheat products

greatest thing I ever did

ONeill

Calories in and calories out.

If you've put in a lazy day, eat nothing.

If you've worked hard physically get the spuds on and slap on the butter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2016, 11:20:23 PM
Calories in and calories out.

The programme yesterday suggested that all calories were not equal, the quick fix calories like sugar might be worse than the same calories from a spud.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

If I'm having a fry the (odd Sunday), I'll have a can of coke!!! most drinks would be milk, or water

weekend totally different  ;D .... Target is to cut down on the drink over the weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 12, 2016, 11:19:07 PM
cut out bread and most wheat products

greatest thing I ever did

I dunno about that. For 10,000 years, wheat/cereal products have been our staple food. I'd be careful about trying to evolve away from it unilaterally.

And I love bread.

Longshanks

Cut out the bread there since friday, obviously eating generally healthy too with rice,chicken and brocolli for lunch but first week there and weighed 6 pound lighter, dont know if it was the bread or eating in general but certainly didnt do any harm. Don't really miss it either. I drink alot of water which I think helps, normally 4L A day..

gallsman

Weight loss is one thing, and there are plenty of different ways to lose it. Sugar carries health risks far beyond a bit of a pudgy belly. Diabetes, obviously, for one.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Longshanks on January 13, 2016, 10:46:39 AM
Cut out the bread there since friday, obviously eating generally healthy too with rice,chicken and brocolli for lunch but first week there and weighed 6 pound lighter, dont know if it was the bread or eating in general but certainly didnt do any harm. Don't really miss it either. I drink alot of water which I think helps, normally 4L A day..
You must do some pissing.

laoislad

Is this the year you actually do couch to 5k Tony?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Longshanks

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 13, 2016, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: Longshanks on January 13, 2016, 10:46:39 AM
You must do some pissing.

Ha! I'm tall (6ft6) so think the body needs it to be honest, also drink the most of it between 7-4.