Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

My post yesterday was about Loughinisland breaking the rules but lotto has his view on whatever Ballyholland are up to.
TheWobbler's proposal makes sense.The usual back door championship is hard to justify when it's to be the only activity for the year for Senior Footballers.Will there be 2nds and 3rds football?Will there be any Football for younger ones?

Lotto

Your senior team is collectively training in Derryleckagh and has been for several weeks now. You know it and I know it. End of.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 12:34:46 PM
Your senior team is collectively training in Derryleckagh and has been for several weeks now. You know it and I know it. End of.

Honestly fella, you have no idea what the f**k is going on. No idea. All you have is a collection of rumours that you are choosing to embellish and factualise because you've seen them written down in WhatsApp.

I suppose you know the absolute truth about two well known local business people's love lives too, do you? Or maybe you should just start using a bullshit-ometer with forwarded messages.

Writing "end of" does not change this.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 12:54:42 PM

Honestly fella, you have no idea what the f**k is going on. No idea. All you have is a collection of rumours that you are choosing to embellish and factualise because you've seen them written down in WhatsApp.

I suppose you know the absolute truth about two well known local business people's love lives too, do you? Or maybe you should just start using a bullshit-ometer with forwarded messages.

Hit a nerve there Wobbler, the truth really hurts. I might slip down to Derrlyleckagh and take a photo of Ballyholland not training.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 01:03:09 PM

Hit a nerve there Wobbler, the truth really hurts. I might slip down to Derrlyleckagh and take a photo of Ballyholland not training.

I'd like you to do exactly that.

wobbller

Love lives-this is getting good.Tell us more ;D ;D

Smurfy123

Wobbler that is not a bad schedule at all. Any chance you could sit on the committee that decides
Lotto don't think you bet the point. How can you stop lads getting into a council pitch and doing some training? Nothing to do with the clubs in the slightest

Lotto

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 06, 2020, 02:44:38 PM
Wobbler that is not a bad schedule at all. Any chance you could sit on the committee that decides
Lotto don't think you bet the point. How can you stop lads getting into a council pitch and doing some training? Nothing to do with the clubs in the slightest

Your own club, apparently, have also been at it in Milltown as well you know. No issue with a few lads training but when you have a full panel together like Ballyholland absolutely breaking so many rules both GAA and government based, putting their own health and the health of those at home at risk well then that is the issue I have. If people do what they should then the quicker we will get out of this and back to playing ball but reckless individuals and clubs just don't help the show.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 03:10:26 PM

Your own club, apparently, have also been at it in Milltown as well you know. No issue with a few lads training but when you have a full panel together like Ballyholland absolutely breaking so many rules both GAA and government based, putting their own health and the health of those at home at risk well then that is the issue I have. If people do what they should then the quicker we will get out of this and back to playing ball but reckless individuals and clubs just don't help the show.

stop this you f**king arse. All you have is a couple of WhatsApp messages with no detail, and you think it's enough to hang a club.

You're making yourself look like a clown.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it any more true.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 03:59:41 PM
Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 03:10:26 PM

stop this you f**king arse. All you have is a couple of WhatsApp messages with no detail, and you think it's enough to hang a club.

You're making yourself look like a clown.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it any more true.

There you go, that's me told off and apparently I'M the one looking like a clown  ::)

thewobbler

Well Lotto it's like this. You're finger pointing at all other D1 clubs in your area. It's such a convenient fit that it can only be parochial nonsense.

"They're all guilty, everyone is guilty apart from us".

"No we don't have any evidence, but we will repeat this until we die".

That's clown behaviour.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 04:15:26 PM
Well Lotto it's like this. You're finger pointing at all other D1 clubs in your area. It's such a convenient fit that it can only be parochial nonsense.

"They're all guilty, everyone is guilty apart from us".

"No we don't have any evidence, but we will repeat this until we die".

That's clown behaviour.

3 clubs - Warrenpoint, Burren and Ballyholland, I didn't mention all clubs in D1.

Where are those other stupid quotes coming from?

maldini

Could you have a one round league, 9 games, and then a knockout championship in 11 weeks?
Playing Friday & Monday for a few weeks would enable you to get this all in

thewobbler

Quote from: maldini on June 06, 2020, 05:30:58 PM
Could you have a one round league, 9 games, and then a knockout championship in 11 weeks?
Playing Friday & Monday for a few weeks would enable you to get this all in

In theory yes. In reality you'd have no leeway for postponements for bereavements or weather, none at all. Plus I'd expect any dual club might have more than a few issues with this.

The secret to this is in making allowances for an imperfect sequence of games.

Godsown

Well reasoned plan Wobbler for return on football for this year though word coming out from CCC  is probably going to involve all SFC games at Pairc Esler, though their plan is back door rather than round robin. The rationale is on basis of social distancing of supporters.
Would be great if plan also involves reserves.
Biggest headache will be juveniles. Hard for GAA to organise training and games for 15 aside when that number is larger than what will be allowed into school classes even in September. Logistical nightmare with lot of manpower involved in the planning of all training and games