Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yewtree

Quote from: Cuan12 on November 05, 2019, 07:18:28 AM
Yes, that special award for Yewtree was well deserved , his unselfish devotion to lost causes , his continuous spouting of knowledge and expert analysis of the local game leaves him in a world that no one can get near, a time of reflection Yewtree , point gaa and soccer both going no where , your beloved Burren( who probably would like you to shut up) also wondering how do we beat the team from east down, your welcome to Ballykinlar for tea and a chat , we will supply the klineex.
There's a song that starts , cheer up sleepy yew oh what can it mean for a- I won't continue, keep up the good work see ya over in Ballykinlar

Here we go another from The East - don't count your chickens yet regards Ballykinler, in the papers today but we are a long way from its completion.Mark my words it will be scaled back and already we have had high level meetings with Agents about an alternative in Newry area.
On Gaelic front The League of Nations narrowly beat Burren and oh yes the 4 by 4s and Mercedes were all there cheering on the boys of Antrim and Carryduff and the other places and if a few decisions had gone Burren's way it would have been a different result.On not having a full team and missing an injured County Senior, where we are from you are not called a Senior County Player until at least 4 seasons not one! A pity Down doesn't run a championship U20 for entry into the Ulster one and have the proper representatives at the age grade.

The Ulster Championship U16 marked the introduction to Ireland the best underage team ever.This team and its mentors sent a message from South Down to the rest of Ireland and the start of a new glory years for Burren and Down.These players will backbone Down very soon.Some scoreline !

whitegoodman

Will you catch yourself on.

Burren will do well to get 8 of that team playing senior club football never mind for Down.  The current under 20 team have been talked up a lot through the age groups and they have regressed significantly so a lot can happen between 16 and 20.

whitegoodman

And will you stop with the south Down nonsense ffs.  You are making a tit of yourself and your 2 or 3 clubs you claim to be part of.

Centre 3/4

Someone get yewtree that Mercedes he so desperately wants

forevergreen

Someone just get Yewtree a taxi for one!!! Not speaking on behalf of Burren and I think more interested in bringing bad press to Burren. More likely to be CPN.
Our U16 team are exceptional but alot of work and cohesion required to get them through to senior, we've seen alot of so called future stars disappear, but hopefully this group can be brought through and build a unit that can bring consistency at senior level.
As for Ballykinlar, it's probably the cheapest option so can see why CB went for it but its a bollox of a run but if lads want to play county football then they'll make the effort, if they don't fancy it, then it won't matter where the training ground is.

Cuan12

Before people get influenced by that dick Yewtree, drive to Ballykinlar and see what's on offer, you will be pleasantly surprised, as for Burren u16 team, I sincerely hope they are the best in Ireland but that's a bold statement and a heavy tag to place on any juvenile team, the secret is not getting a good team at u16 level it's getting them through to senior level, there will be a drop of, boys will find other distractions , I hope there are a few county players but genuine Burren people know few will make senior footballers and fewer senior county players, there's a few decent prospects in east down so with the Ballykinlar project and the emergence of talent, the prospects for Down football is on the up.
By the way Yewtree , Carryduff u21 are all from Carryduff, there are a few amalgamations and fair play it gives players from clubs who don't have an u21 team football, those players are humble enough to play with another club but you would have them play none , your a pompous a hole who I believe is a soccer head with no allegiance or loyalty to any south club, a true Gael wouldn't spout the verbal diarrhoea you do- go watch infield you deserve each other

lfdown2

Quote from: forevergreen on November 06, 2019, 09:22:22 PM
Someone just get Yewtree a taxi for one!!! Not speaking on behalf of Burren and I think more interested in bringing bad press to Burren. More likely to be CPN.
Our U16 team are exceptional but alot of work and cohesion required to get them through to senior, we've seen alot of so called future stars disappear, but hopefully this group can be brought through and build a unit that can bring consistency at senior level.
As for Ballykinlar, it's probably the cheapest option so can see why CB went for it but its a bollox of a run but if lads want to play county football then they'll make the effort, if they don't fancy it, then it won't matter where the training ground is.

Forevergreen, am I right in saying Burren had 2 teams entered the league at U16 level this year? That must introduce a whole other set of problems. Assume the same will be the case for the U17s next year? It would be difficult keeping them circa 50 lads through to U19s let alone seniors!

sdg

I think you will find he's a Burren man, nothing to do with the point, read all his posts

whitegoodman

Likely to be from neither, he gets the reaction on here that he sets out to do.

Targetman

Steven Poacher to be the next Bryansford manager!!

SamFever

Quote from: Targetman on November 07, 2019, 01:18:12 PM
Sweet Jes-s.Is there no end to the lunacy of Clubs to engage a clown like him?

elk

Quote from: SamFever on November 07, 2019, 01:55:24 PM
Quote from: Targetman on November 07, 2019, 01:18:12 PM
Sweet Jes-s.Is there no end to the lunacy of Clubs to engage a clown like him?
I guess next years East Down derby Bryansford v Loughinisland will be an interesting defensive game 

forevergreen

Quote from: lfdown2 on November 07, 2019, 10:34:07 AM

Forevergreen, am I right in saying Burren had 2 teams entered the league at U16 level this year? That must introduce a whole other set of problems. Assume the same will be the case for the U17s next year? It would be difficult keeping them circa 50 lads through to U19s let alone seniors!

Yes 2 teams in the League. Serious commitment and great work from a big management team to be able to work with them all. But definitely will require same again at u17s and then to try and integrate them moving forward into senior. But with drop offs and travelling etc it should give them greater numbers to pull from than they would ordinarily get in smaller playing groups.
Getting them to achieve success at senior level is the ultimate aim but they seem to be a very good group of lads in general.

downjim

Reading horror stories of the u19 league in Monaghan and how it fell on its arse last year due to constraints with senior team. I think we have been sold a dud here and it seems clubs in Ulster are voting against it now. There was 8 teams in the ACMFL in 2019 and I would say at a push that only Burren, Mayobridge, Clonduff, Carryduff and Kilcoo would definitely be able to partake in an u19 league in 2020. I hope clubs can push something true at convention to leave age grades as it is, there is no paper or framework out on this yet so I think it should be stopped. 2 years to get ready for this changeover and nothing in print yet! And we complain about brexit! Does anyone involved in club committees or county board level know what's going on with this?

thewobbler

Quote from: downjim on November 08, 2019, 10:00:01 AM
Reading horror stories of the u19 league in Monaghan and how it fell on its arse last year due to constraints with senior team. I think we have been sold a dud here and it seems clubs in Ulster are voting against it now. There was 8 teams in the ACMFL in 2019 and I would say at a push that only Burren, Mayobridge, Clonduff, Carryduff and Kilcoo would definitely be able to partake in an u19 league in 2020. I hope clubs can push something true at convention to leave age grades as it is, there is no paper or framework out on this yet so I think it should be stopped. 2 years to get ready for this changeover and nothing it print yet! And we complain about brexit! Does anyone involved in club committees or county board level know what's going on with this?

Devil's advocate.

Why do we need an under 19 league?

Why can't 18 year olds play B football until they're ready for the step up, instead of being pulled in two directions?