The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on August 05, 2020, 07:34:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2020, 07:26:27 PM
Since when is the stereotypical drug addict black?

First thing comes to mind for me is a grey, toothless, gaunt, malnourished white person, strung out on meth.

Cocaine specifically, I'm thinking smug Wall Street tosser.
the war on drugs is a war on black people I hear a lot ? Another fallacy ? I agree .

That is not at all what I said.

And the relative outcomes of state enforcement and actions against blacks and hispanics compared to whites for the same drug offences are pretty damning.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2020, 07:39:37 PM

First thing comes to mind for me is a grey, toothless, gaunt, malnourished white person, strung out on meth.

the war on drugs is a war on black people I hear a lot ? Another fallacy ? I agree .

And the relative outcomes of state enforcement and actions against blacks and hispanics compared to whites for the same drug offences are pretty damning.

J70-if a white Republican asked an African American interviewer if he was a "junkie" all hell would break loose

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 08:45:03 PM

J70-if a white Republican asked an African American interviewer if he was a "junkie" all hell would break loose

If that is the case, you should probably thank 50 years of GOP policies and rhetoric.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2020, 08:49:55 PM

If that is the case, you should probably thank 50 years of GOP policies and rhetoric.

I'm not thanking anyone for anything

If a Republican said what Crazy Uncle Joe said, people would be out of their minds with (faux) outrage

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 08:55:30 PM

If a Republican said what Crazy Uncle Joe said, people would be out of their minds with (faux) outrage

So you are outraged because no one is outraged that Biden said something that YOU maintain would have elicited a "faux" outrage response if said by a Republican. And you reject the fact that context, in terms of history, policy and rhetoric, has anything to do with public responses to issues like these.

Ok then.

Eamonnca1

Powdered cocaine - used by (rich) white people: Not much enforcement
Crack cocaine - used by (poor) black people: Heavy duty enforcement and mass incarceration

Anybody who says the war on drugs isn't racially motivated is only codding themselves.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2020, 09:05:11 PM

So you are outraged because no one is outraged that Biden said something that YOU maintain would have elicited a "faux" outrage response if said by a Republican. And you reject the fact that context, in terms of history, policy and rhetoric, has anything to do with public responses to issues like these.

Ok then.

Who said I'm outraged?

I'm pointing out that (a) Joe made a complete fool of himself during the interview and (b) that if a Republican said what Joe said, the media would accuse him of using a "dog whistle" and would have their hair on fire asking for an apology and a retraction

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 09:21:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 05, 2020, 09:05:11 PM

Ok then.

Who said I'm outraged?

I'm pointing out that (a) Joe made a complete fool of himself during the interview and (b) that if a Republican said what Joe said, the media would accuse him of using a "dog whistle" and would have their hair in fire

If you're not outraged, then what are you banging on about it for? Supposed media bias is all you ever really talk about on this thread.

I only read the report in whatever link you posted. Didn't seem that big a deal in writing to me.

And AGAIN, if GOP politicians want to not be accused of dog whistling, then maybe they should stop dog whistling. They might start to get the benefit of the doubt then.

whitey

So the people who posted about Trump and the Axios interview-were they outraged or were they just pointing out that Trump is a clown?

MSNBC and WaPo dissected the Axios interview today

I wonder will Joes train wreck interview this morning will get the same scrutiny from them tomorrow

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 10:03:34 PMI wonder will Joes train wreck interview this morning will get the same scrutiny from them tomorrow

The only train wreck is in your little mind.

So it will be absolutely no surprise when it gets virtually no mention.
i usse an speelchekor

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 05, 2020, 10:10:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 10:03:34 PMI wonder will Joes train wreck interview this morning will get the same scrutiny from them tomorrow

that was weekend at bernies you were looking at

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 05, 2020, 09:11:33 PM

Powdered cocaine - used by (rich) white people: Not much enforcement
Crack cocaine - used by (poor) black people: Heavy duty enforcement and mass incarceration

Anybody who says the war on drugs isn't racially motivated is only codding themselves.
When slavery was defeated, it was replaced by Jim Crow, when Jim Crow was defeated it was replaced by the War On Drugs and mass incarceration

Systems of racial oppression continually reinvent themselves

The US is and has always been a white supremacist ethnostate

whitey

Haha-believe what you want

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 10:58:19 PM

So was it widely mentioned?

Or did the dastardly left-wing-commie media operate in cahoots with the Mao-loving-Dems to keep it off the front cover of Pravda?
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on August 06, 2020, 12:11:45 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2020, 10:58:19 PM

So was it widely mentioned?

Or did the dastardly left-wing-commie media operate in cahoots with the Mao-loving-Dems to keep it off the front cover of Pravda?

Don't know or care

Got to keep the pressure on them big time though. Scream holy blue murder every time they don't appear to be playing it down the middle.