FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpen

Not sure what Kelleher could have done with the first goal.I was sitting right behind it and it was pretty much top corner. The second took a deflection which maybe made it a bit more difficult for him but he probably should have done better.
Think Bazunu a better keeper overall but Kelleher needs to move somewhere to get regular games as he is a decent keeper.

Overall I think Ireland have the makings of a decent team. I'm not entirely convinced Kenny is the man to get the best from them though.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

seafoid

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 23, 2023, 03:01:30 AM
Quote from: Itchy on March 22, 2023, 09:42:26 PM
A lot of high fiving going on. That's as game we should be winning comfortablely 3 nil. France could give us an awful hammering if we go trying to play out like that against them
That game and formation was not about France. He was never playing 3 up top Monday and the likes of Kelleher, Browne and O'Dowda were never going to feature.. Alarmingly as it turns out it was about the Greek games.
It looked like he was giving players minutes and introducing a few new players. That was surely nowhere near the first team that will be playing against Stavros and co.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cavan19

Quote from: jcpen on March 23, 2023, 08:38:52 AM
Not sure what Kelleher could have done with the first goal.I was sitting right behind it and it was pretty much top corner.

I though he stumbled a bit trying to get across to it and if he had of stayed more upright he would have got at least a hand on it.

Sportacus

Very good 20 minutes in the first half, lively, urgency, overlaps, ball on the deck, couple of goals.  Then the energy dropped and we let them back in.  Ferguson is the big hope, hopefully he can handle the attention. Johnston was lively when he came on and Obafemi gives it everything.  Coleman and Egan will improve the defence. Centre mid is the area I'd be most worried about. They will be very badly exposed by France if they don't up their game, even just basic stuff like first touch and closing down - there was a big hole too often on the edge of the D which France will exploit massively if it's not sorted.  Big crowd in who are giving the team every chance.

Baile Brigín 2

Not sure what Kelleher could have done with the first goal

His footwork and positioning were wrong. Fairly fundamental stuff

jcpen

Quote from: Cavan19 on March 23, 2023, 09:07:24 AM
Not sure what Kelleher could have done with the first goal.I was sitting right behind it and it was pretty much top corner.

I though he stumbled a bit trying to get across to it and if he had of stayed more upright he would have got at least a hand on it.
Think you're being harsh, it was a fantastic strike.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Eire90

Itchy

Quote from: Eire90 on March 23, 2023, 04:00:44 PM
lativias first goal was  a cracker.

It was but keeper shape was wrong. He wasn't good for 2nd goal either. He needs games and sitting on the bench at Liverpool isnt going to get them for him.

trileacman

Kelleher is not a good keeper, mid level championship man at best.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

imtommygunn

I think this too. He's not fantastic and gets more credit because he's at a bigger club. Plenty to prove yet.

Kidder81

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 24, 2023, 08:41:54 AM
I think this too. He's not fantastic and gets more credit because he's at a bigger club. Plenty to prove yet.

I don't think we will know for sure until he's playing regular games.

An Watcher

No harm in being a John oshea at a big club as these type of players are an important part of the team.  Remember karius for Liverpool.  I do think he could be doingvwith a move too to further his career though.  Big step though

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: An Watcher on March 24, 2023, 10:32:33 AM
No harm in being a John oshea at a big club as these type of players are an important part of the team.  Remember karius for Liverpool.  I do think he could be doingvwith a move too to further his career though.  Big step though
John O'Shea played 30 games a season most seasons when fit

Kelleherat 24 has played 4 club games. 4.

Nothing wrong with spending your career on that bench. But it should remove him from the Irish discussion

Baile Brigín 2

It was. But crackers can be saved. Especially if your positioning and footwork are right.

red hander

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on March 24, 2023, 05:02:21 PM
It was. But crackers can be saved. Especially if your positioning and footwork are right.

Goalkeeping coach, are you? You wouldn't have saved that goal either.