The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

If there's any justice, Alex Jones will end up penniless, thoroughly humiliated, a national pariah, and go to prison. Maybe he could share a cell with Trump?

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/US/families-sandy-hook-shooting-victims-win-legal-victory/story?id=60314174

QuoteSix families of victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School won a legal victory Friday in their fight against controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones.

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families' discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, InfoWars' internal marketing and financial documents.

QuoteThe judge's ruling on discovery gives the plaintiffs access to any communication Jones had about the Newtown massacre and to documents that could point to the inner workings of InfoWars.

The plaintiffs — families of four children and two educators killed in the December 2012 shooting — have said the "deeply painful" lies they've accused Jones of pushing have caused them to endure "malicious and cruel abuse" as well as harassment and death threats on social media.

screenexile

That is just excellent news about Jones!! Total sc**bag!

J70

Hopefully that lowlife will be held accountable for his cruel, callous lies. The world would be a better place without his contributions, deliberately put out there to rile up halfwits, not giving a f**k who he hurts in the process, and hiding behind an "entertainer" label.

RedHand88

Quote from: sid waddell on January 11, 2019, 08:54:15 PM
The Trumpbots are deeply afraid of whites becoming a minority in the US.

What is it with you and race?!?!

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 12, 2019, 09:14:06 AM

I note you didn't argue the point, because it's true.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dolph1 on January 11, 2019, 05:06:19 PM
I was unaware eskimos were pouring through the northern border.

More people are going back to Mexico than coming from it, so they're not exactly pouring this way through the southern border either. This border "crisis" is as manufactured as the "intolerable situation" for Germans living in the Sudetenland that your friend Adolf warned us about.

thejuice

Quote from: sid waddell on January 12, 2019, 01:54:45 PM

It is true though. I've argued this point a few times in the past.

Free markets and small government yadada is a stand in for a deeper issue. Hence the growth of the far right in USA and Europe outflanking the establishment because the acceptable right can't sustain the pretense any longer.

And this little pickle dropped into my news feed the other day much closer to home.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkl1xGTt9Sw

It's pattern repeated across the West and a small number of real academics are looking at it seriously, the media generally won't take an honest look at it and governments generally don't have a clue what to do and slowly but surely we handing everything over to the far right. Imagine a more competent Trump with a more willing government implementing his policies.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Looks like Biden is going for it!

Can he beat Beto or Trump for that matter?? He probably has a fairly good shot at it thank God. I wonder will it affect Bloomberg's decision?!

Hardy

Quote from: thejuice on January 14, 2019, 09:21:46 AM

Free markets and small government yadada is a stand in for a deeper issue. Hence the growth of the far right in USA and Europe outflanking the establishment because the acceptable right can't sustain the pretense any longer.

And this little pickle dropped into my news feed the other day much closer to home.

It's pattern repeated across the West and a small number of real academics are looking at it seriously, the media generally won't take an honest look at it and governments generally don't have a clue what to do and slowly but surely we handing everything over to the far right. Imagine a more competent Trump with a more willing government implementing his policies.

Is this f***er another example of the Mayoman in London phenomenon - the fella who voted Leave because there are too many immigrants?

sid waddell

Quote from: Hardy on January 14, 2019, 12:47:58 PM

Is this f***er another example of the Mayoman in London phenomenon - the fella who voted Leave because there are too many immigrants?
The guy contained within the link there is the far right's current pseudo-"intellectual" of choice. He's widely quoted and linked to by Irish far right Twitter accounts and bloggers. The smallest digging into his background reveals him to be an out and out racist and a highly dangerous individual. This guy makes the alt-right crank Jordan Peterson look like a cuddly toy.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/stefan-molyneux

Dolph1

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 14, 2019, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 11, 2019, 05:06:19 PM
I was unaware eskimos were pouring through the northern border.

More people are going back to Mexico than coming from it, so they're not exactly pouring this way through the southern border either. This border "crisis" is as manufactured as the "intolerable situation" for Germans living in the Sudetenland that your friend Adolf warned us about.

More lies. Keep them coming!
So would you compare Democrats with the Stalin regime?
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dolph1

Why does that excite you Sid?
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Kickham csc

Quote from: sid waddell on January 14, 2019, 01:14:28 PM

The guy contained within the link there is the far right's current pseudo-"intellectual" of choice. He's widely quoted and linked to by Irish far right Twitter accounts and bloggers. The smallest digging into his background reveals him to be an out and out racist and a highly dangerous individual. This guy makes the alt-right crank Jordan Peterson look like a cuddly toy.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/stefan-molyneux

I don't think Jordan Peterson is an alt-right crank.

I think he calls out both the right and left and uses logic more than left or right ideology. I really enjoy his debates and he always seems open to discuss topics openly and intelligently

Gmac

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 14, 2019, 03:53:35 PM

I think he calls out both the right and left and uses logic more than left or right ideology. I really enjoy his debates and he always seems open to discuss topics openly and intelligently
is there such a thing as alt left ? Or is it as far left as it can go , Also anyone who thinks more Mexicans are going back to Mexico  than are coming to America are dreaming

sid waddell

Quote from: Kickham csc on January 14, 2019, 03:53:35 PM

The alt-right (far right) certainly think Peterson is alt-right, and who am I to disagree with them. He provides a thin "intellectual" veneer which the alt-right like to think gives their views some credibility.

He is certainly a miserable crank who doesn't spend a single day not wishing it was 1952 and non-straight white males "knew their place".

He has a very strange fascination and fondness for the term "The Jewish question". I'd have thought such a term was best left in 1940s Germany, and never used ever again. It's sort of a dog whistle to nutcases.

That said, horrible as Peterson is, this Molyneux chap is a whole different league again and is a genuine jackboot-loving white supremacist nut job.