The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Anyone watch Full Swing on Netflix?

I'm not really spoiling it much by saying that there is no truer saying in life than money doesn't buy happiness.

Golf is an individual sport but for me the last clip from the last episode (cleverly set up by Netflix I reckon) is poignant.

I much prefer to be hacking around at the weekend and having a few trips to Portugal on the beer every year than becoming one of those rich  lifeless robots.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Puckoon

Quote from: highorlow on March 17, 2023, 01:26:48 AM
Anyone watch Full Swing on Netflix?

I'm not really spoiling it much by saying that there is no truer saying in life than money doesn't buy happiness.

Golf is an individual sport but for me the last clip from the last episode (cleverly set up by Netflix I reckon) is poignant.

I much prefer to be hacking around at the weekend and having a few trips to Portugal on the beer every year than becoming one of those rich  lifeless robots.

Well unless you're holding back on signing with a tour, I think you are ok and you probably don't need to alert Portugal that you're on your way!

highorlow

QuoteWell unless you're holding back on signing with a tour, I think you are ok and you probably don't need to alert Portugal that you're on your way!

Well when I do sign and when I win the fedex I'll invite you over to celebrate the $18,000,000 win rather than having a wee glass of wine in the locker room on my own.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Gabriel_Hurl

Sihwan Kim has finished dead last in both LIV events this year - a combined 58 shots worse than the winner and has earned a cool $240k for that.

Applesisapples

LIV is a joke, a golf society for has been pro's.

trailer

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 20, 2023, 02:03:15 PM
Sihwan Kim has finished dead last in both LIV events this year - a combined 58 shots worse than the winner and has earned a cool $240k for that.

It's a nonsense tour. It will need to change radically for it to have any interest from Joe Public. If and when someone defects the other way and asks back onto the PGA tour you' imagine whatever credibility it has it will have lost.

screenexile

Have any of the big names played any way decent recently??

trailer

Quote from: screenexile on March 22, 2023, 12:16:12 PM
Have any of the big names played any way decent recently??

DJ played fairly well last year. Apart from that I think it's a pretty dour affair.

Orior

What did the spectator shout at Lowry on the 17th hole, causing Shane to reply under his breath "You're f**king hilarious, aren't ye", lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Orior

That was some job by Rory today. All parts of his game working well. Even if he loses in the semi or final, it will be good preparation for Augusta.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JPGJOHNNYG

Good win at the last for him

Kidder81

Not the final anyone was expecting

Gabriel_Hurl

2 great semi-finals - couldn't be arsed for watching the final/3rd place match