Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 09:49:31 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 11, 2023, 09:48:17 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on March 11, 2023, 09:27:02 PM
Pitch inspection at 9:30am tomorrow

For Corrigan?

Yeah

If postponed, is there another free week in the calendar?

I'd presume so.

Upandover

Dunsilly was  fine today.

Brave bit of snow fell and melted in belfast and was followed by plenty of rain, pitch will cut up pretty bad if it goes ahead, get the rugby studs in the boots no mouldies :D

Milltown Row2

Pitch is fine. It's all about the footwear..

handling is atrocious due in part to the weather but Antrim seem very nervous, hopefully it's a five point breeze this second half as we really need to get momentum going and string over a lock of points.

Some heads down too when walking in at HT

Refocus and back at it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Upandover

Big win, secures div 1 status.

First 25 mins i feared the worst but laois seemed to die after that, brutal conditions.

imtommygunn

Much better team second half. Laois were really allowed to do what they wanted first half and could make space far too easily - we were lucky to go in only two points down. The second half was much better. Michael Bradley was fantastic and McManus in ff caused them some problems. Great win and could have been more.

marty34

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2023, 03:31:33 PM
Much better team second half. Laois were really allowed to do what they wanted first half and could make space far too easily - we were lucky to go in only two points down. The second half was much better. Michael Bradley was fantastic and McManus in ff caused them some problems. Great win and could have been more.

Goals kept Antrim in it in the first half. Got them at good times especially Mc Manus' goal.

Antrim can welcome Tipp next game under no pressure.

BrendanAntrim

Only made it to the second half, some great Antrim scores and resolute defending. We were definitely the better team, great to see

NAG1

All in all decent performance yesterday, Laois have been a team we have struggled with so was good to put them away. TBH I think Laois have gone backwards slightly but no doubt we are a better team.

Michael Bradley and Nigel Elliott were top performers two massive shifts put in. Left side of the defence needs a bit of work and couple of other areas/ personnel need tweaking but its a real positive to do this in Div 1 next year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on March 13, 2023, 08:51:56 AM
All in all decent performance yesterday, Laois have been a team we have struggled with so was good to put them away. TBH I think Laois have gone backwards slightly but no doubt we are a better team.

Michael Bradley and Nigel Elliott were top performers two massive shifts put in. Left side of the defence needs a bit of work and couple of other areas/ personnel need tweaking but its a real positive to do this in Div 1 next year.

Nigel is proving (always had it though) to be the link up man, the provider and winner of balls in that forward line, great to see someone that has his head up all the time looking to unlock the defence

Considering the weather and pitch conditions I'll hold judgement on some of those tweaks NAG1 but know where you are coming from
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: NAG1 on March 13, 2023, 08:51:56 AM

I think we're missing a few so with Campbell back we'd be a bit stronger. Brilliant to not need to worry in the last game and like Gleeson says he can now prepare for championship. The leinster championship is going to be very tough but it's where you want to be at. Hard to know what realistic expectations are.

NorthAntrim

While the end result was good i still cant get too excited about the uncoming champinship. McManus, Bradley, Coby were all brilliant yesterday. Defensivly we put our bodies on the line but overall we have a lot of improving to do. The goal was criminal! Campbell, Burke and Bradley in defense look solid. Have we another 3 defenders up to championship level? On a positive the link play Coby brings is fantastic. If we could get McNaughton driving forward from midfield too along with Keelan. Elliott as a link man and McManus a target man in FF we look strong enough. But i think we lack around 4 or 5 players to go to the next level. We need 50% more out of some players. S Elliott for example, fantastic hurler btw. Id like to see Boyle get a start v Tipp.

marty34

Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 13, 2023, 12:08:33 PM
While the end result was good i still cant get too excited about the uncoming champinship. McManus, Bradley, Coby were all brilliant yesterday. Defensivly we put our bodies on the line but overall we have a lot of improving to do. The goal was criminal! Campbell, Burke and Bradley in defense look solid. Have we another 3 defenders up to championship level? On a positive the link play Coby brings is fantastic. If we could get McNaughton driving forward from midfield too along with Keelan. Elliott as a link man and McManus a target man in FF we look strong enough. But i think we lack around 4 or 5 players to go to the next level. We need 50% more out of some players. S Elliott for example, fantastic hurler btw. Id like to see Boyle get a start v Tipp.

Chance now to try a few players v Tipp next weekend.

Conditions will be different come champuonship in May say sun shining, harder ground and bigger pitches etc.

Not comparing like with like.

Look at the score fest V Kerry in Croke Park last year. Score, after score, after score.

NorthAntrim

Thats a fair enough point but Kerry no distrespect are a different level to our next tests. And winter hurling isnt great to watch and were maybe hitting bad wides/ shots dropping short. Dublin game a great example. Donal Burke isnt hitting these in winter. What will he be like in "summer"

Upandover

Look at the 2nd half against kerry in croke, thank god we had a big lead cos we folded like a deck of cards.