Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Íseal agus crua isteach a

I would love to see a County game held in Cushendun. Think it would be a fantastic venue to host one of the big southern teams. Nice tight pitch with a vocal home support and it  could be a huge advantage.

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 29, 2018, 10:11:45 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on January 29, 2018, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 29, 2018, 06:09:57 PM
Official county twitter feed has tweeted that the game is in Corrigan.

Shocking

Why?

Because it's not the best ground in the county and the county hurlers should play at the best ground in the county.

If we can create for ourselves any small advantage possible we should take it. Having Dublin travel another hour to north Antrim would be a small advantage.

Arguably the best hurling ground in the county is Loughiel, Dunloy or Cushendal.

Larnegaa

County Champions should hold Home National League fixtures until Casement up and running.  Whenever that will be.  Does away with uncertainty of where games will be played.

Na Glinntí Glasa

our pitch isnt up for games at the min. the snow lay on it for 4/5 days and theres not been many dry days since that. theres no doubt we have plenty of parking facilities and are able to run the game smoothly but sadly the pitch isn't up for it.

crazy that its Jan and we are inspecting our club pitches to see if it can host a match!
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: hurlingstick on January 30, 2018, 08:10:12 AM

Shocking

Why?

Because it's not the best ground in the county and the county hurlers should play at the best ground in the county.

If we can create for ourselves any small advantage possible we should take it. Having Dublin travel another hour to north Antrim would be a small advantage.

Arguably the best hurling ground in the county is Loughiel, Dunloy or Cushendal.

But sure its good enough for Foootball so surely its good enough for hurling. I agree with you by the way!

north_antrim_hound

Would have preferred to drag them on up the road for another hour
But if there are no pitches playable up here so be it.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

playwiththewind1st

Whiterock Road.....The true home of Antrim hurling. Nice ring to it?

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: groundlie on January 30, 2018, 08:48:50 AM
Quote from: Íseal agus crua isteach a on January 30, 2018, 04:12:36 AM
I would love to see a County game held in Cushendun. Think it would be a fantastic venue to host one of the big southern teams. Nice tight pitch with a vocal home support and it  could be a huge advantage.

I always liked feystown glenarm. I think it could be a fortress for antrim, but sure what do I know!!

Cushendun has a fantastic setting one of the nicest GAA grounds in Ireland. It would be well able to hold the small crowd that follows Antrim.

theskull1

Cushendun lacks the banking needed for spectators. Somebody else will know better than me but I also reckon it'd be too soft for winter hurling.   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hurlingstick

Quote from: groundlie on January 30, 2018, 05:47:26 PM
Emmett's ground probably thee most scenic in Antrim! Would be a nice gesture to get a game played there sometime.

It's also the windiest......if you thought Ballycastle was bad.

hurlingstick

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 30, 2018, 09:20:48 AM

Shocking

Why?

But sure its good enough for Foootball so surely its good enough for hurling. I agree with you by the way!

I think the county chairman knows no shame

old timers

Surely all we want is a venue that's suitable and a half decent game.  Dubs are no fools and after the weekend and the scare Galway had I would say they will try to ensure it's not tight.  My only hope is that "the management team" whether it's Sheedy or the other 4 make changes a bit quicker this week if we are still close enough to them. Personally I thought the players were out on their feet, having given their all, and fresh legs with 15 mins to go could have made a difference.  IMO Maol didn't do anything to warrant him being taken off and the young fella that came on didn't really get himself into the game.  Then with 5mins to go to make changes was no good to the team or the players coming on.  It's impossible to make a difference or to even try and get up to the speed of the game in 5/7 mins.  But I'm an old timer who maybe doesn't know a lot

hurlingstick

Quote from: groundlie on January 30, 2018, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on January 30, 2018, 06:59:06 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 30, 2018, 09:20:48 AM

Shocking

Why?

I think the county chairman knows no shame

I think that is an incredibly harsh statement. Do you really think these decisions are made by one person alone? If you do you're completely deranged.

Loughiel, Dunloy, Cushendal, Ballycastle, Lamh Dearg, All Saints all have more suitable grounds than Corrigan for hosting a hurling match.