Norn Iron Games lost to Sky TV...

Started by itsleftitswide, April 27, 2007, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Just because they have the 'rights' to show then does that mean that they actually will?

tyroneboi

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on April 27, 2007, 11:59:24 AM
Just because they have the 'rights' to show then does that mean that they actually will?

it was on sky sports news breaking news this morning that they are gonna be showing 5 live premier league matches next season so i would think they will be showing them. maybe sky will insist on those games being played on a sunday ;D ;D ;D

Orior

Another nail in the coffin of the owc. They have absolutely no ambition.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Solomon Kane

Quote from: Orior on April 27, 2007, 12:36:02 PM
Another nail in the coffin of the owc. They have absolutely no ambition.

On what f**king planet does a £10,000,000 payday count as no ambition? Jesus wept. If NI football said the sky was blue some of you would swear blind it was purple.

nifan

SK - keeping the games on normal tele where more people who arent at the game can see it is  important in my opinion.
They should at least have heard the BBC proposal, im sure they would have been in a position to negotiate a decent deal from them with the added advantages.

ziggysego

Well Sky TV have insists that the IFA upgrade the floodlights at their clubs venues if they are to show night games.
Testing Accessibility

Solomon Kane

Quote from: nifan on April 27, 2007, 05:12:15 PM
SK - keeping the games on normal tele where more people who arent at the game can see it is  important in my opinion.
They should at least have heard the BBC proposal, im sure they would have been in a position to negotiate a decent deal from them with the added advantages.

I fully realise the importance of that. However, in todays evironment money talks. I wouldn't like to be the one making the decision and potentially losing a few million quid but keeping the punters happy. Much as Sky have pumped a lot of money in to the game there is no doubt that many people have been robbed of the pleasure of seeing live football in their own homes. The cash should however improve facilities, retain or properly replace Sanchez and improve grassroots. It would be a shame if a lower profile of the team because of this business led to a cut in merchandising revenue, but like any business venture there is risk involved.

nifan

The problem is the inept ones didnt even wait for the counter offer from the bbc (according to the bbc).
They where supposed to be meeting next week by all accounts