Mayo V Dublin - Castlebar - 11/02/12

Started by m@yoman, February 09, 2012, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

A couple of thousand dub fans at most. I think mayo are not far behind Dublin in the quality stakes and expect a close game.
Mayo 2 10
Dublin 1 11

muppet

Anyone off the board who walks up to me in the correct pub and says the codewords will have a pint bought for them.
MWWSI 2017

Agent Orange

DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Darren Daly 3. Rory O'Carroll 4. Philly McMahon
5. James McCarthy 6. Ger Brennan 7. Craig Dias
8. Ross McConnell 9. Michael Darragh Macauley
10. Paul Brogan 11. Kevin McManamon 12. Bryan Cullen [C]
13. Diarmuid Connolly 14. Eoghan O'Gara 15. Tomás Quinn

sans pessimism

Quote from: muppet on February 09, 2012, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 09, 2012, 09:51:59 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 09, 2012, 09:44:52 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 09, 2012, 09:38:10 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 09, 2012, 09:31:06 PM
Quote from: Benny Sweeney on February 09, 2012, 09:23:11 PM
Mayo wil do well to stick with Dublin. Dublin are the all Ireland champions. Kerry beat them last wek i believe and Mayo could be in for a hiding i believe

Anything else you believe? ::)

i tink it could be more then 10 points difference. dublin are very good and have a good manager and supporters

Supporters make a big difference in the League! ???

I think that they do

Benny welcome, I am very confident that your posts will improve.
got to
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Syferus on February 09, 2012, 09:23:17 PM
Please no one rise to Mayo Mick's bait, you're only going to attract more badly disguised trolls to the forum.

What are you on about Syferus? I was pretty accurate in my forecast last week and expect to be this week also. Im pretty positive about Mayo's future based on my  knowledge of what is happening. As I said on anothe post I expect us to win an AI in the next couple of years and possibly dominate for a few years after that. As regards Sunday we should win with some ease - think Dublin have a bit of work to do based on how they looked last Saturday
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on February 09, 2012, 09:23:17 PM
Please no one rise to Mayo Mick's bait, you're only going to attract more badly disguised trolls to the forum.

There's no shame in having faith in your countymen.
Don't mind him Mick.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Agent Orange on February 09, 2012, 10:44:17 PM
DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
1. Stephen Cluxton
You only notice how limited Dublin are in the forward line when Alan & Bernard Brogan are missing.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 10, 2012, 01:46:07 AM
DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
1. Stephen Cluxton
You only notice how limited Dublin are in the forward line when Alan & Bernard Brogan are missing.
Hardly a revelation to determine Dublin would badly miss their two best forwards. Especially when last year we only played with 3 forwards who's job it was to score. The Brogans took 2/3rds of all shots taken by Dublin forwards in the championship last year.

I think Paul Brogan is unlikely to start due to injury, they're probably waiting to see how Flynn is after his Sigerson match midweek. Brogan wasn't particulalry impressive v Kerry, although Flynn did nothing when he came on either.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Id expect Mayo to pip this contest.................................... Morph oGara starts again  ???, Paddy Andrews must be bewildered, not a chance either a brogan or b brogan will get a run out at this stage

Mayo by 2

heffo

The team named won't start. We could be in trouble here, especially if Mick knows what he's talking about!!

Keane

If the Dublin team named above plays then I'd fancy Mayo to have a few points to spare on them. That Dublin team would be no better than average at Championship time, while Mayo have not a million miles away from their championship team on the go at the moment and seem to be moving well to boot.

Jinxy

DUBLIN (SF v Mayo)
1. Stephen Cluxton

Mayo by 5 points.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Keane

Mayo team supposed to be named after training tonight. Imagine it'll be jigged around a bit from last week to have Higgins marking McManamon or something.

western exile

Quote from: muppet on February 09, 2012, 10:30:09 PM
Anyone off the board who walks up to me in the correct pub and says the codewords will have a pint bought for them.
Would a blow-in be allowed access to your clique?   ;D

western exile

I just noticed that the throw-in is earlier than usual for a Saturday evening.  6.30pm