Cork V Limerick Munster Football final

Started by Zulu, July 01, 2009, 11:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marym

Was at the game. Cork seemed to be falling and slipping all over the place. They really missed Lynch Miskella  and O Leary. Goulding was brillant. Canty stood up in the last 15 mins. Colm O Neill was very good when he came on. Kerrigan was really off the pace. Pierce O Neill plays his best football against Kerry. Limerick had a plan that really nearly worked.

marym

Limerick have some really good players. Just feel that they ran out of steam at the end. Cork had the subs to bring on.  Also as the game wore on Cork were coming to terms with the Limerick forwards more and in the last few mins they could not just get threw. Also the inside word from leeside is that they are in the middle of very heavy training for August and that sometimes can make a team look very limp.

rrhf

How can the ref that gifted Cork that penalty sleep in his bed at night?

INDIANA

My biggest fear is that Limerick's status in Div4 will render yesterdays effort long term redundant. No disrespect to the management but how could they allow that to happen. Because that cost them the game yesterday because they ran out of gas.
They've some really fine players and should have won- they really surprised me yesterday.
I'd actually be quite worried now if I was a Kerryman. Limerick upset Cork to such a degree Kerry must be wondering why couldn't we be do that.

Jinxy

Limerick have a lot to work with but they need Galvin to stick around for a few years yet and they need to work their way back up to Div. 2 at least.
Being relegated was a disaster for them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.