Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2019, 11:05:30 PM
Or they could let teamtalk do it like they use to and it was an unbelievable service. Why can't they collaborate???

TeamTalk have already loads of games this Championship that Tyrone weren't covering. And they were doing live radio tonight in Stewartstown.

Surely that is collaborative - Tyrone doing Fintona and TTM doing Stewartstown.

wee scully

Teamtalk provide an excellent service

WT4E

Quote from: GlenMan on September 13, 2019, 11:30:55 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2019, 11:05:30 PM
Or they could let teamtalk do it like they use to and it was an unbelievable service. Why can't they collaborate???

TeamTalk have already loads of games this Championship that Tyrone weren't covering. And they were doing live radio tonight in Stewartstown.

Surely that is collaborative - Tyrone doing Fintona and TTM doing Stewartstown.

Fair enough.didnt realise that

on the sideline

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2019, 11:00:10 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2019, 10:19:13 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2019, 10:08:38 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on September 13, 2019, 09:55:51 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2019, 09:38:35 PM
How bad is this Tyronegaa live commentary and who is Eugene that keeps getting asked what he thinks but he doesn't say anything.😂

Absolute and utter sh*te. The first half of the Errigal Eskra game was a joke how bad the quality of it was. Could hear f**k all from Paddy Hunter but the odd mumble, then a cough from his co-commentator (think Joe McMahon?) and the refs whistle and that was it. Did they not check if it was working before they started? Pity teamtalk hadn't been doing it instead...

I watched Maghery v Dromintee on Armagh's channel last week. Nothing could have been worse than the commentary on that. Then I thought "fcuk it, it's just some boy giving it a rattle and you're getting to watch a match you wouldn't see otherwise."

Wasn't long ago we heard fcuk all from a game til somebody came home from it.

Aye but we couldn't see this one...

Goin have to wait to some man comes home from it.
Is it that bad that you'd rather not have it?
I mean, it's a largely amateur service. If the feedback is that it's useless they'll scrap it.
We are used to RTÉ or Sky's professionalism. This is bog standardism. Deal with it.

I'm not looking for Sky or RTE professionalism - I'm looking for it to work. Basic bog standard commentary that works. It didn't. What part of that don't you understand? Did you try listening to it? Had you heard it you'd understand the complaint.

Moonshine

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 13, 2019, 10:09:09 PM
Tonight's JFC results

@Stewartstown

QF: Killeeshil 0-19 Brocagh 1-11
QF: Rock 0-11 Glenelly 0-8

@Fintona

QF: Eskra 2-13 Errigal Ciaran Thirds 1-11
QF: Kildress 4-14 Drumragh 3-6

Semi Finals: Kildress vs. Killeeshil and Eskra vs. Rock

IFC QF between Gortin & Greencastle will take place in Fintona this coming Monday evening, throw-in 8pm.

Super result for killeeshil tonight great young team but it's going to be hard to stop that kildress team big win tonight sounded comfortable enough in end

bigfrank

Anyone hazard a guess at the fixtures for next weekend?? Are we likely to have 2 junior semis,2 intermediate semis and 4 senior quarter finals all in the one weekend??

WT4E

Looks like they left a slot with the senior qf for two games. Guessing intermediate semis.

Junior semi will be on as a double header? Dumoyle maybe?

bigfrank

Yes that's how I see it too,junior double header on the Saturday I guess is only available option or a round of league games in junior on the sat and champ the following week. But I think I heard junior/intermediate final is 6th oct so maybe teams would want two weeks to plan for it

under the bar

Quote from: Cunn12345 on September 11, 2019, 10:10:15 PM
New here.. just looking the opinion on something I was thinking about. I believe Galbally will win an O'Neill cup in the next 6/7 years. (From an outside man)

You might be right. Kevin Kelly said they have a few good u14s coming through.

johnnydrama

How bad is this Tyronegaa live commentary and who is Eugene that keeps getting asked what he thinks but he doesn't say anything.😂

Absolute and utter sh*te. The first half of the Errigal Eskra game was a joke how bad the quality of it was. Could hear f**k all from Paddy Hunter but the odd mumble, then a cough from his co-commentator (think Joe McMahon?) and the refs whistle and that was it. Did they not check if it was working before they started? Pity teamtalk hadn't been doing it instead...

I watched Maghery v Dromintee on Armagh's channel last week. Nothing could have been worse than the commentary on that. Then I thought "fcuk it, it's just some boy giving it a rattle and you're getting to watch a match you wouldn't see otherwise."

Jesus it was amateur hour, mumbling, asking someone (Eugene) for his input but he mustn't have had a mike and the bloody phone going off every 5 mins. Upgrade needed. Good win for the Tones though WT4E

LeoMc

I watched the Ardboe v Fianna game last week and it wasnt to bad. Bit like RTE you can ignore the commentary and figure out what is going on by watching it. The only real negative was Eugene McConnells interviews with OHagen and McNally afterwards. He could well be the culprit on the radio. I think it is his baby, a great idea spoilt by his featuring in it.

WT4E

Quote from: johnnydrama on September 14, 2019, 12:41:35 PM

Jesus it was amateur hour, mumbling, asking someone (Eugene) for his input but he mustn't have had a mike and the bloody phone going off every 5 mins. Upgrade needed. Good win for the Tones though WT4E

Tones ticking along nicely....say nothing more than that at this stage.some joke posters on here these days.

Local expertise

Who will be bringing home the bacon this year

omagh_gael

GetOverTheBar

How did the Lough not see it out.....look to have lost a few men for the replay with injury now too.