?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Quote from: Itchy on December 27, 2017, 07:42:19 PM
World's gone mad if he's worth 75m

I know, it's unreal but thats the way the market is...nutts tbh. I'm being serious here but i wouldn't want Celtic involved in that nonsense
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on December 27, 2017, 07:28:51 PM
£7.5 mill...great job ;)
;D
£7.5m worth of crumbs fall from the Man City dinner table.

MoChara

playwiththewind1st

Have I missed something, or why would, indeed should, a player valued at £13 millions in late 2015 now be valued at £75 millions? That's some "improvement" in a short space of time.

ned

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 28, 2017, 02:20:22 PM
Have I missed something, or why would, indeed should, a player valued at £13 millions in late 2015 now be valued at £75 millions? That's some "improvement" in a short space of time.

Why did Real pay £80m for Bale and why did PSG pay £200m+ for Neymar? Less to do with ability or improvement than the need of the buying club. Liverpool had to go to that price to guarantee their number one target. Neymar was the same player more or less who joined Barca from Brazil.
But who gives a f**k, Celtic rake in North of £7m for doing very little but having foresight.

illdecide

I read there that Celtic's deal is 15% of Southampton's nett profit, i was always under the impression Celtic got 10% of the transfer fee. If it's the latter then Celtic could be set to cash in on roughly £9.3 mill, either way it was handy money and well done P Lawwell.

The Celtic board take a lot of stick but TBH i think they run the club well

ned

Quote from: illdecide on December 28, 2017, 05:32:57 PM
I read there that Celtic's deal is 15% of Southampton's nett profit, i was always under the impression Celtic got 10% of the transfer fee. If it's the latter then Celtic could be set to cash in on roughly £9.3 mill, either way it was handy money and well done P Lawwell.

Some quotes have it at 20%.
I agree re the board, on finances anyway. The board run the club within our means. Some think £30m from CL means we can buy £7 or £8m players. Not as simple as that unfortunately. Have to look at the overall cost for the length of contract. £7m player means wages of about £2m a year. What happens if we don't qualify for CL groups? We still have that contract to pay.

foxcommander

Not so sure about that.
If they were paying 25k a week for Kolo Toure as a player what sort of wages is he on now as a coach?
Might be the explanation for why the centre-backs are so poor as he was a pretty shit player himself.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

red hander

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on December 28, 2017, 02:20:22 PM

So much money washing around Premier League due to the TV deal that clubs don't know what to do with it apart from paying over the odds for every player. Virgil's very good, but £75m is crazy... blame Rupert Murdoch

playwiththewind1st

The Dirty Digger has been responsible for a number of things in his career.....none of them particularly good.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: foxcommander on December 28, 2017, 06:00:51 PM
Not so sure about that.
If they were paying 25k a week for Kolo Toure as a player what sort of wages is he on now as a coach?
Might be the explanation for why the centre-backs are so poor as he was a pretty shit player himself.

Kolo was on £25k a week?? WTF!?! :o

Main Street

According to the transfer price inflation expert, Paul Tomkins, Rio F's record breaking transfers to Leeds and then Man U were more costly than VvD's today.
And I'd rate Virgil the better player, a better defender and a bigger goal threat at the other end.
As Red Hander alluded to, EPL transfer fees have risen by 17 fold since 1992 and interestingly enough the epl tv income has also risen by 17 fold in same period.

illdecide

Not so sure about that.

I don't know what Toure was on but if BR and Celtic thought he was worth it then who are we to criticise...Plus do we know for sure or is it a Tony guess? Plus you won't get every transfer right, if you did your name would be Merlin. Even if he was paid that money as a player (i would have no issues with that) i doubt v much he'd be on a third of that now as a coach.

foxcommander

Quote from: illdecide on December 28, 2017, 08:35:27 PM
Not so sure about that.

I don't know what Toure was on but if BR and Celtic thought he was worth it then who are we to criticise...Plus do we know for sure or is it a Tony guess? Plus you won't get every transfer right, if you did your name would be Merlin. Even if he was paid that money as a player (i would have no issues with that) i doubt v much he'd be on a third of that now as a coach.

The figure I mentioned I got from here. It's an estimate and could be bullshit. Gamboa on 15k :O

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/595906/Celtic-weekly-wages-best-paid-top-earners-sportgalleries
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

ned

Quote from: foxcommander on December 28, 2017, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 28, 2017, 08:35:27 PM
Not so sure about that.

The figure I mentioned I got from here. It's an estimate and could be bullshit. Gamboa on 15k :O

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/595906/Celtic-weekly-wages-best-paid-top-earners-sportgalleries

Not clicking on that link. Daily Star eff that. I think you can file under bullshit.