RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 25, 2020, 12:26:22 PM
Taylor watch that one blow over very quick
Very quick
Just like the r number in Germany
No word of it now as it's at 0.5
Switzerland 0.3 and opened from April
Watch that story disappear very quick

Would you please stop posting numbers without links.

Even worse, would you please stop posting bullshit numbers without links.

Berlin. R0 = 1.37 https://www.thelocal.de/20200525/berlins-coronavirus-reproductive-number-is-rising-what-does-it-mean
Germany: R0 ~1 https://www.thelocal.de/20200525/latest-germany-continues-to-ease-coronavirus-restrictions-as-289-new-cases-reported
i usse an speelchekor

Smurfy123

Germany is below 1 stop making up crap
Basically what we are now saying is normal service needs to resume in hospitals
I'm saying that this few weeks
London r number 0.4
Let's concentrate on this island don't worry what's going on in Berlin or the likes
Ireland's r number is 0.5 that's all that matters

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 25, 2020, 01:21:58 PM

Post up a link then. Otherwise you are just lying.

No. Prof Smurfy is saying that.

London r number 0.4

That was a week or more ago. I haven't seen an update on that since.

and long may it continue.

[which it won't if those that hold your opinion have their way]
i usse an speelchekor

armaghniac

I'm saying that this few weeks
London r number 0.4
Let's concentrate on this island don't worry what's going on in Berlin or the likes

Don't respond to a request for a source for your ramblings with more unsubstantiated rambling.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Smurfy do you have an alternative internet to the rest of us?? You post these stats and I can never seem to find them and don't seem to be alone.

screenexile

Cummings press conference should be interesting. . . the press knows he hates them I wonder will they be able to bait him into losing it! It reminds me of a West Wing episode where Josh had to do the briefing once and it was a car crash I can see something similar happening with this.

The whole thing is mad he shouldn't be making a statement they've handled the whole thing wrong from the start!

GalwayBayBoy

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on May 25, 2020, 01:09:49 PM
"We're in the bizarre position of wanting COVID to stay, at least for a little while." is like saying "I wish polio hadn't been eradicated because we could have made money out of it."
You're impugning the motives of scientists now.

From Hannah Arendt in "The Origins of Totalitarianism":

"One of the greatest advantages of the totalitarian elites of the twenties and thirties was to turn any statement of fact into a question of motive."

Blowitupref

I think most will stick with home drinking than going to that new pub experience.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Square Ball

So of Cummings is going to take questions hard to see him resigning. A few Tory's saying that people will change their minds when they hear his side of the story which of course will be the truth. Interesting to see what Durham police find if they are going to investigate it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

armaghniac

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on May 25, 2020, 02:14:29 PM
Quote from: five points on May 25, 2020, 12:54:49 PM
Race against time to develop a vaccine before the virus disappears.

Seriously.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-disappearing-so-fast-oxford-vaccine-has-only-50-chance-of-working-11993739

A race against time. To make a shitload of money.

Vaccines are not money makers, the tablets you take 3 times a day for life are.

The scientists do want to be well regarded in their own community and presumably wouldn't  turn down a trip to Buck Palace for a gong, but they will not get expecially rich from this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

I can see why he doesn't engage with the press . . . he needs to apologise and hasn't.

Yeah he's put a human side to it but I don't think it's done enough the journo's are tying him up in knots!!!

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2020, 05:02:15 PM
I can see why he doesn't engage with the press . . . he needs to apologise and hasn't.

Yeah he's put a human side to it but I don't think it's done enough the journo's are tying him up in knots!!!

It's complete car crash stuff. I'm enjoying it.

Main Street

Why did Cunmmings decide to take his wife and kid with him on the 30 minute trial drive to the Castle grounds?
That was not needed and just sounds like a contrived crock of lies to cover up for an outing with the family.

"However, his eyesight had been affected by his illness and so he went for a short drive to see if he could drive safely - to the town, Barnard Castle. He said they sat by the riverbank for 15 minutes, and they wished a passerby "Happy easter" while returning to the car.
They spent some time in the woods on the way home as his child needed the toilet - he said they saw some people at the distance, but did not break any social distancing rules. "

Minder

I know it's big business in Twitter world but does anyone really give a shit about it ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"