Cars from England

Started by tyrone girl, April 14, 2011, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Do it. You will make a big saving, simply down to the laws of supply and demand

all recognised dealers and franchises will have about 3-4 of what you are looking for and you can even trade in your old wagon at decent money too (although you have to pay for taking it across on the boat also)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

pintsofguinness

I know dozens who are driving around in cars bought in england (having spent a night or two on my sofa) - never heard any problems. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

laoislad

I brought one in a few years back and even including the VRT I had to pay it was still cheaper and the car came standard with loads more extras than the same model here.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

wanderer

If I was you I'd go to some of the auctions. If your looking for nearly new, check out the likes of BCA, or lex etc. They are all over England and Scotland.
It's the same cars the dealers are selling you, only without there add-on %

laceer

Lex sell their cars through BCA. There's a massive auction in Belle Vue, Manchester. Would definitely have a look there

JimStynes

Thinking of buying a car from England at some stage over the summer here. I have friends in Leeds and Newcastle so I could easily stay with them while searching around. What is the craic with auctions then? Are there finance options or do you have to pay the whole heap in one go? Looking at the likes of Audi and Mercedes, they do seem much cheaper in England. If it was only the difference in £500 or so saving in England then I wouldn't be bothered with hassle.

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on July 01, 2017, 10:39:39 AM
Thinking of buying a car from England at some stage over the summer here. I have friends in Leeds and Newcastle so I could easily stay with them while searching around. What is the craic with auctions then? Are there finance options or do you have to pay the whole heap in one go? Looking at the likes of Audi and Mercedes, they do seem much cheaper in England. If it was only the difference in £500 or so saving in England then I wouldn't be bothered with hassle.

Unless you are a mechanic or have access to one I would stay well clear of Auctions.

JimStynes

Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

Unless you are a mechanic or have access to one I would stay well clear of Auctions.

Not a mechanic and I wouldn't have notion about cars really. I've a mate who buys from auctions all the time but he's handy around cars and has always got class deals so far.

Itchy

Quote from: JimStynes on July 01, 2017, 05:24:54 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 01, 2017, 03:52:48 PM

Not a mechanic and I wouldn't have notion about cars really. I've a mate who buys from auctions all the time but he's handy around cars and has always got class deals so far.

You get good deals because there is no come back. Quite a few cars at auctions here and elsewhere are just patched up to get the sale. Plenty of savings can still be made in Uk buying from dealers.

JimStynes

I'll stay away from the auctions! Looking for Audi motors around Leeds and Newcastle.

Bazil Douglas

You can log into BCA auctions online create an account, they have 20 to 30 thousand vehicles to view at any time. Most of these vehicles are ex leasing and carry AA mechanical condition and body condition reports, with indemnity. you can bid online  and have it delivered for around £200.00. Most dealers in the north get their stock from BCA.

Maroon Manc

I remember looking at the cars that were going into the auction here in Belle Vue in Manchester, they were cars that were leased and the majority were all 3 years old. A mate picked up a merc cls worth £8,000 for £4,200, car was in good shape apart from a few issues with the bodywork, had to spend about £400 but he was delighted.

Mickey Linden

Hard to hide the money. Wouldn't get out of bed for £500

bennydorano

Schoolteacher ffs, don't get Bomber started

JimStynes

Quote from: Mickey Linden on July 03, 2017, 07:30:47 PM

Hard to hide the money. Wouldn't get out of bed for £500

Wouldn't be worth the hassle paying for boats etc.