Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Noticed the multi-pack shrinkage when I was home in May...my quid now only gets me 5 bags as opposed to 6...well ye can stick them!

imtommygunn

imtommygunn

Not that familiar with it but won't be drinking there anywhere lol

5times5times

Quote from: toby47 on November 14, 2023, 12:14:10 PMI like Stix and Stones, its a stone throw away & they charge £5.50 for a pint of Heverlee - and I'm sure they are making a right profit at that. £7.50 is an absolute piss take.

It's the first time I was nearly tempted to not order a pint - it near killed me to pay it.

Charge you less for a pint, cause they get it back with you cooking your own food.. Another fraud

Armagh18

Quote from: 5times5times on November 14, 2023, 12:29:13 PM
Quote from: toby47 on November 14, 2023, 12:14:10 PMI like Stix and Stones, its a stone throw away & they charge £5.50 for a pint of Heverlee - and I'm sure they are making a right profit at that. £7.50 is an absolute piss take.

It's the first time I was nearly tempted to not order a pint - it near killed me to pay it.

Charge you less for a pint, cause they get it back with you cooking your own food.. Another fraud
Don't think its a fraud. Hot stone is a novelty and the main feature of the restaurant and a selling point for most I imagine.

gallsman

It's not a fraud, merely a pointless gimmick.

general_lee

£5.20 for a stout in Kelly's Cellars

TyroneOnlooker

Quote from: toby47 on November 14, 2023, 12:05:15 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2023, 12:02:58 PMWhat bar?

Was more of a restaurant, Cafe Persian right at the city hall.

Food was great, and not overly pricey - around £20 for most main courses. But I couldn't believe a Guinness was £7.20 & the only other option on draft was a Heverlee for £7.50.

Owned by Galgorm Resort outfit, charging Galgorm Resort prices. They also own pizza place opposite Europa, wonder is it similar prices?

Gabriel_Hurl

$13 for a Guinness in one of the downtown Toronto Irish pubs at the weekend - before tax and tip 

Armagh18

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 14, 2023, 03:51:11 PM$13 for a Guinness in one of the downtown Toronto Irish pubs at the weekend - before tax and tip
Whats that in punt or pound

gawa316

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 14, 2023, 04:05:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 14, 2023, 03:51:11 PM$13 for a Guinness in one of the downtown Toronto Irish pubs at the weekend - before tax and tip
Whats that in punt or pound

About a tenner, then another couple of quid at least for tax and tip. Hope you didn't pay it GH!!

screenexile

It's getting that you have to save up for a night in a City now. Sure if you take the Mrs it's £10 a G&T or £15 for a cocktail. It's just not that worth it anymore!

Home is getting as bad too and the price isn't coming down anytime soon! The Govt seem happy enough for all the bars to disappear.

Armagh18

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2023, 06:16:47 PMIt's getting that you have to save up for a night in a City now. Sure if you take the Mrs it's £10 a G&T or £15 for a cocktail. It's just not that worth it anymore!

Home is getting as bad too and the price isn't coming down anytime soon! The Govt seem happy enough for all the bars to disappear.
Perfect reason not to take her lol

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2023, 06:16:47 PMIt's getting that you have to save up for a night in a City now. Sure if you take the Mrs it's £10 a G&T or £15 for a cocktail. It's just not that worth it anymore!

Cocktails are some racket.

Armagh18

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 14, 2023, 10:37:30 PM

Cocktails are some racket.
More juice than alcohol. Only thing is the time it takes making them the bar person could pull a pile of pints. Word of warning, be careful if you're ever making cocktails at home, one minute you're drinking what tastes like fruit juice the next you are full drunk!