A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Read the oul Good Friday Agreement which was accepted by the vast majority of people in Ireland (all of it).
Not quite sure what Varadkar means by land grab.
The future All Ireland State won't be grabbing anyone's land.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2016, 06:36:51 PM
I see senior Dáil Minister and potential future Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has condemned those of using the Brexit result as an excuse for a "Land Grab".If this does not signify the predominant mindset of those in the freestate,i.e. The North is British and legitimately so,I do not know what does.

Needless to say he won't be questioned about this, same as everything...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

As usual Tony is twisting things to suit his own Unionist views.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/leo-varadkar-warns-against-post-brexit-land-grab-417035.html

Varadkar also said this:

"Mr Varadkar said he does want to see a united Ireland in the future."
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

The use of the term "Land Grab" is just about the most insulting term in the lexicon as far as those who aspire to a United Ireland are concerned.It says it all about the mindset of free state politicians,they view the North as an entirely different country to the real Ireland which in their tiny minds starts at Dundalk

omaghjoe

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2016, 08:50:09 PM
The use of the term "Land Grab" is just about the most insulting term in the lexicon as far as those who aspire to a United Ireland are concerned.It says it all about the mindset of free state politicians,they view the North as an entirely different country to the real Ireland which in their tiny minds starts at Dundalk

Just come out of that closet and admit your Unionism.  ;D

Varadkar said he wanted to see a United Ireland, yet you keep ignoring that so you can pretend to be offended. Anyone can see Varadkar is merely playing petty politics with the Shinners. Anyone except you that is.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

Uniting Ireland is now a land grab according to a potential Taoiseach.Shame

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2016, 09:46:00 PM
Uniting Ireland is now a land grab according to a potential Taoiseach.Shame

Why does it bother you, who has nothing in common with the people in the 26 counties (according to yourself).
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

It just bemuses me that so many people hanker over Irish Unity when it is plain that Dublin Governments,never mind Unionists,don't want it.Why waste your life in this way?

heganboy

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2016, 11:00:19 PM
It just bemuses me that so many people hanker over Irish Unity when it is plain that Dublin Governments,never mind Unionists,don't want it.

Tony, one thing to point out, unlike the unionists, Dublin governments change...
QuoteWhy waste your life in this way?
this from the spurs fan

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on August 22, 2016, 11:00:19 PM
It just bemuses me that so many people hanker over Irish Unity when it is plain that Dublin Governments,never mind Unionists,don't want it.Why waste your life in this way?

Why do you persist in telling this lie over and over? It is YOU who doesn't want Irish Unity. Stop pretending it is everybody else.

Why waste your life in this way?
MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Muppet,
did I see recently that leaders of the three largest parties in the Dail all spoke out for Irish unity?

Fearon is the Trump of the board at this point, did you see the prize I won, it was great, great, best prize ever

muppet

Quote from: heganboy on August 22, 2016, 11:47:52 PM
Muppet,
did I see recently that leaders of the three largest parties in the Dail all spoke out for Irish unity?

All the parties are pro-United Ireland. They all support the GFA and the even least vocal on the issue, Fine Gael, have as their policy Unity by Consent. But it is still Unity.

Fearon is against Unity and is trying to highlight people in the 26 he thinks agree with him, pretending to be outraged. But as usual he doesn't do his homework or worse, he posts deliberately misleading statements. Note how he rarely provides a link for anyone to check his claims.
MWWSI 2017

Applesisapples

This is like a rerun of the Celtic thread where Tony twists facts and ignores reality to suit his own warped view of the issue. boring at this stage and not exactly a rational discussion of the subject. Tony is also a self confessed OWCer.