Started by Mossy Bruce, January 27, 2024, 09:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Cork could of hit 10 goals today handy

Verbal

Maher wasn't at the game?!
Is he looking for a way out?

Zooming around

Quote from: Verbal on March 10, 2024, 09:19:01 PMMaher wasn't at the game?!
Is he looking for a way out?

He was in America. I think it had been pre-planned

redsetanta

Is there a league final match for top 2 in Div 2 this year?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

If laois win sfinal they play carlow in the final. Would final be in carlow as they top the group??

Laois Rising

I would imagine the final will be in a neutral venue unless the two sides agree to a coin toss to decide who gets home advantage. Last year, Offaly and Kildare's final was played in Portlaoise. Would Nolan Park be the most realistic neutral venue for a final? I wouldn't mind if final was in Dr. Cullen. A final deserves to be played in front of a decent crowd-adds to the spectacle and occasion. If final was in Nowlan Park would do well to get 1500 at the game.   

les Antiques

Agree with Laois Rising . No need for a neutral venue for league final . Irrelevant anyway in my opinion at this level.  Gladly play it in Dr Cullen Park and turn them over there .

SpeculativeEffort

Are first and 2nd promoted? Or are finalists promoted? If its 1st and 2nd what's the point of the rest of the league?

Laois man

SpeculativeEffort

OK so semi final is a straight promotion game and final is a decoration...

johnnycool

Quote from: les Antiques on March 13, 2024, 04:30:29 PMAgree with Laois Rising . No need for a neutral venue for league final . Irrelevant anyway in my opinion at this level.  Gladly play it in Dr Cullen Park and turn them over there .

Could all be a bit presumptuous here lads. ;)

les Antiques

League semi finals and final waste time of time regardless .

Laois man

If you win sfinal you get to div1 B and if you win final you get a trophy so not a waste of time one thinks. I Could be wrong.

redsetanta

Top two teams will be in the new Div 1b league with 5 other teams who will come down from the current Div 1a and 1b. Bottom two in each and the worst placed 4th placed team.

Likely to be Dublin, Waterford, Westmeath, Offaly and Westmeath.

Laois can't be caught now as they are 3 points clear in 2nd place with one game to go. My understanding is that the top two go up. Where did the 2nd playing 3rd come from?

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois man

I hear the 2 teams that make the final go up to Div1 B