Laois Senior Hurling Championship 2021

Started by SCFC, August 29, 2021, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

After all the big games Clough Ballacolla have been involved in the past few months, the one today in Tullamore could prove to be the biggest (and they weren't even there!)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Ogie

If Rynaghs had to get the win Ballacolla would have won the Leinster final

Keyser Söze

Laois man

Ballyhale will be very dangerous now after getting out of jail today. What time is game fixed for next Sunday?

redsetanta

Game is on at 13.30 on Sunday.

Ballyhale very lucky alright and they've been pushed hard in both games.

Not sure Rynaghs would have been a cert win as pressure would be on CB then.

They still have a great chance though.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Laois man on December 12, 2021, 08:19:37 PM
Ballyhale will be very dangerous now after getting out of jail today. What time is game fixed for next Sunday?

Ballyhale are a big step up and have no shortage of marquee players. They have been nearly beaten a few times over the last decade but there is a big difference between that and actually been beaten. With 10 senior final wins they are the standard bearers for Leinster hurling and have played more hurling in Croke park than many county teams.

However, CB at full tilt will give them plenty of it.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 12, 2021, 04:07:07 PM
After all the big games Clough Ballacolla have been involved in the past few months, the one today in Tullamore could prove to be the biggest (and they weren't even there!)
I'm often wrong. But this turned out to be devastatingly true.
I'm certain that Clough Ballacolla would have beaten Rynaghs. Instead, today is how their year finished.

The PRO

A tough day at the office for CB but they can be fierce proud of their year. A couple of flukey goals when the game was still up for grabs didn't help.

redsetanta

I was certainly wrong.

Thought the 3rd goal was the killer. Heads definately dropped after that. CB were actually outscoring Ballyhale but the goals killed it. I don't think CB had a sniff of a goal. Bigger names had a bad day and far too many times wrong options were taken, misplaced passes, not playing it to the supporting run and taking long punts.
The physicality of Ballyhale was on another level. Fennelly is some beast.

All in all though the players will be the most disappointed but they've had a great journey and it was great while it lasted. Fantastic crowd from CB in Croke Park and they stuck with their team right to the end.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Not too many county champions able to handle Ballyhale on form. No other club team in the country with such an embarrassment of riches in the forwards. They dominate Kilkenny and are possibly on course to go down as the best club hurling team ever.

CB were phenomenal until the goals started and then the confidence drained. They should be extremely proud of their year and represented Laois impressively on the big stage.

They will be the team to beat in Laois next year.

Spiritof1915

Fantastic achievement from clough ballacolla. Further proof that there is quality hurlers in this county which can compete with the best.
As regards next years club championship I think it has all the potential to be even better than the last few years. It amazing the way things can change in the matter of months
Bk and Re will be looking on at CB achievements and will no doubt be thinking 'it could of been us'. Camross to a lesser extent but write them off at your peril.
If one or two of CB spiritual leaders ie mick mc, Darren maher or Willie hyland don't commit, the landscape could change considerably . Rumours abound too that Lee cleere has committed to go travelling next year. One thing for sure it will be ultra competitive again which can only be a good thing for laois hurling.

Laois man

Great year for Cbolla but folks they got a serious trimming Sunday unfortunately I think the biggest beating every in a leinster club final. They standard of kkenny club hurling and Laois club hurling is miles apart wheather we like it or not.

Zooming around

Quote from: Laois man on December 21, 2021, 12:45:30 PM
Great year for Cbolla but folks they got a serious trimming Sunday unfortunately I think the biggest beating every in a leinster club final. They standard of kkenny club hurling and Laois club hurling is miles apart wheather we like it or not.

The Shamrocks look to be exceptional.

I'd fancy any of our top clubs to compete with the rest of the Kilkenny clubs.

burdizzo

Quote from: Laois man on December 21, 2021, 12:45:30 PM

Yes, you'd wonder if a beating like that would knock them back a bit.

Milltown Row2

Keeping the fullback on Fennelly, who is a beast was a big problem from the off, also the further you keep him away from goal the better, as once he gets a charge he's hard to stop. If playing a sweeper then it needed to be on him, but it limited the efforts up front.

Colin has been threatening a performance like that all year, it clicked for him on the day. Other than that there was plenty of positives.

Kilkenny managed to leave a lot of one one ones which they exploited. I wouldn't get downhearted with the result, as they played brilliantly throughout the championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea