Fermanagh V Tyrone April 3rd

Started by never kickt a ball, March 30, 2016, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Would I be correct in saying that if Laois beat Meath, then Fermanagh are safe?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 31, 2016, 09:14:36 AM
Would I be correct in saying that if Laois beat Meath, then Fermanagh are safe?

Pretty much, it would then go to head to head unless Armagh draw.

If Armagh draw you then have three teams locked on 5 points and scoring difference comes into play so unless Fermanagh take a tanking and Laois have a convincing victory, then they should be safe.

ONeill

Was trying to find a good poem about Fermanagh. This was the best I could find:

There was a woman from Fermanagh
Who was known as lady Hannah
If you called her posh
She'd go bish-bash- bosh
Saying 'I don't like your manner'
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

FermGael

Fermanagh (FL v Tyrone) – Christopher Snow; Mickey Jones, Che Cullen, Marty O'Brien; Declan McCusker, James McMahon, Damian Kelly; Eoin Donnelly, Barry Mulrone; Paul McCusker, Ryan Jones, Ryan Lyons; Daniel Teague, Sean Quigley, Tomas Corrigan.

Interesting Fermanagh team.
O'brien in for the suspended cassidy which is a bonus as Marty is probably our best man marker. McCusker in for the for Breen who is suspended I think.
McCluskey and Ruairi Corrigan drop out and are replaced by Paul McCusker and Daniel Teague who will be making his league debut .
Don't know much about him but good luck to him.
For a change Fermanagh now have a few options on the bench.
It's was probably our subs against Galway than got us the point so it's good to have men who can come in and change the game.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

There's a girl in the County Fermanagh,
To me she's heavenly manna.
That's all I can write,
Cos my poetry's shite.
So I'll be cheering on Fermanagh.

Take that ONeill!  :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

Would Fermanagh have beaten us in the 2004 AI Semi Final? I still have hot sweats about that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fuzzman

In fairness to them it was a great turnaround from their defeat in 2003 by us by how many points?
Compared to Antrim etc they have showed a lot more fight in the last 20 years.

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

tyroneman

Ah Jayzus that was grim grim stuff from Tyrone. Worse than last week by a long shot.

Few thoughts:

Defence was decent enough although struggled against quick ball in at times.
O'Neill is not great at kick outs. At one stage he boomed 3 in a row to be same mf area that Ferm gobbled up 3 times in a row
We were cleaned out in mf overall.
ED is a very good player
Ref was atrocious. For both sides.
Forwards were dreadful (bar Sean) Truly dreadful. Headless chickens. Prob the worst game they have played in years.
That was once the ball even got that length. Usually we turned it over through sloppy passing before it passed the 45.
Bradley seems to be struggling. Missed a goal opp from 2 yards out and has looked like a fella playing for himself and not the team this past few games.
Once Sean got the line with a (very dubious) black card we had no teeth going forward. Tyrone had fired high ball into him almost all if the first 20min and had moderate success. After that ...oh dear.

This standard of football will equal a short championship.

Maor_Uisce

Horrible from Tyrone today, really horrible. Cleaned out at MF, Mattie getting an early yellow left him uncompetitive around the middle third and with Colm dropping deep we'd no one to win a ball. I don't think Tyrone won a kick out in the second half. Defensively we were struggling to contain the 2 quick inside men and didn't deal with the runners. Going forward we broke down far too often, handling and off the shoulder runs were dreadful. Let's just hope it was a case of job done and Fermanagh wanting and needing a result more than us.
Don't speak, unless you can improve the silence...

FermGael

That was a game we should have won.
We were completely on top throughout the game.
In the first half and especially in the second half we had Tyrone all over the place but we lacked the composure to finish then off. We created an excellent goal chance which we missed and missed 3 or 4 very kickable scores when we went 1 up and then again when we went 3 up.

We dominated midfield throughout the game and once we put pressure on the Tyrone's keepers kickouts by stopping the short one, I don't think Tyrone won a single kickout or breakball. Teague had an excellent debut for us and Ryan Lyons scored another 2 points in the second league game for Fermanagh. Both have been excellent finds this year for us.

Funny to be disappointed with a draw but we should have won.
Good to stay up and not be dependent on results elsewhere.
Excellent preparation for the championship.

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

tyroneman

Quote from: FermGael on April 03, 2016, 09:27:05 PM
That was a game we should have won.
We were completely on top throughout the game.
In the first half and especially in the second half we had Tyrone all over the place but we lacked the composure to finish then off. We created an excellent goal chance which we missed and missed 3 or 4 very kickable scores when we went 1 up and then again when we went 3 up.

We dominated midfield throughout the game and once we put pressure on the Tyrone's keepers kickouts by stopping the short one, I don't think Tyrone won a single kickout or breakball. Teague had an excellent debut for us and Ryan Lyons scored another 2 points in the second league game for Fermanagh. Both have been excellent finds this year for us.

Funny to be disappointed with a draw but we should have won.
Good to stay up and not be dependent on results elsewhere.
Excellent preparation for the championship.

The only one I can remember Tyrone winning in the second half was the short kickout from the Ferm keeper that went straight to us. That was the one that ended up with Bradley missing from 2 yards.

omaghjoe

The match sounded like a classic, with a great Tyrone performance, one of those that I am sorry I missed.

I bet there was even some of that sideways rain as well? Always good for cleaning out the ears