?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 13, 2019, 10:31:52 PM
The Celtic fans are their own worst enemy.

Seems theyre content to put up with that muck year after year.

There's a lot of supporter groups who are very much under Lawwell's thumbs. I notice a good few of these new Celtic fanzines constantly praise the board's stance when it comes to "not been bullied" in transfer dealings. It's extremely odd and you'd wonder what the whole connections are between the people in charge of them and the Celtic board.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

JimStynes

Aaron Boone

Porto and Basel also knocked out tonight. There's a lot of teams all at the same level.
Cluj have won the last two Romanian leagues.

JimStynes

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 13, 2019, 10:56:48 PM
Porto and Basel also knocked out tonight. There's a lot of teams all at the same level.

Doesn't matter. I've never even heard of that team before ffs

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

You mean you don't follow Romanian club soccer?!

Main Street

I had thought the tie was safe after the away result. I didn't see the game this evening, nor did I see that performance coming.

ned

Quote from: JimStynes on August 13, 2019, 11:11:29 PM

You'd never heard of them? Should have beaten them 7-0 then!  ::)
They were only an average team. That was a shambles last night. Defence is priority now as it has been for about 5years. We never f**king learn.

marty34

This is what I posted last Saturday - a few games into the season:

Issue for Celtic today is no defenders on their bench.  Might do V Motherwell but not great as league going forward.

As well as that, a mid-fielder playing centre back and Ajer, a centre back, playing right back.

No defenders on the bench...not 1 defender!!! Players playing out of position.  A complete farce.  That is poor management at any level.  Imagine an inter-county manager having no defenders on the bench.

Lennon played Mc Gregor at left back with new signings on bench.  Crazy stuff.  Downhill from here on it. 

trailer

If ever a result exemplified the Scottish league and the talents of the players in it, this was it. Realistically Celtic are probably a mid table League one side. Scottish Prem is probably at same level as Irish league. Hence why they walk it year in year out.

tyroneman

Last night's result was a shambles, but you could see it coming a mile off.

Defensively, in particular where it matters - in Europe - Celtic have been a disaster for years.

The talent spotting, certainly in defence, has been abysmal, as have most of the loans and free transfers. The responsibility rests with Lawell, the Board and whatever manager sanctioned / requested the player.

Here's the sum total from 2009/10 of players Celtic have bought, trying to build a defence: A decade of (mainly) incompetence - saved only by a few gems (a very few)

2019/20 - Bought Julien (left on bench) and Boli (left on bench and already looking not good enough)
2018/19 - Bought zero defenders
2017/18 - Bought Jack Hendry (Dud) and Compper (Dud)
2016/17 - Bought Gamboa (Dud) ands Ajer (good)
2015/16 - Bought Simunovic (average), Sviatchenko (average), Boyata (decent), Janko (Dud) and Logan Bailly (indeed)
2014/15 - Bought zero defenders
2013/14 - Bought VVD (halleluja)
2012/13 - Bought Forster (good)
2011/12 - Bought Adam Matthews (Dud)
2010/11 - Bought Juarez (Dud), Izaguirre (good at the time)
2009/10 - Bought Hooiveld (Dud), Fox (Dud), Rogne (Dud)

Free transfers / Loans:

2019/20 -
2018/19 - Benkovic (good), Bain (Jury out), Izaguirre (Dud this time round), Gutman (Dud), Toljan (Dud),
2017/18 - No defenders
2016/17 - Kelleher (Dud), Du Vries (Dud), Toure (Dud)
2015/16 - Blackett (Dud),
2014/15 - Denayer (good),
2013/14 - No defenders
2012/13 - Noring (Dud), Gershon (Dud), Ambrose (just about ok), Kamenar (Dud)
2011/12 - El Kaddouri (Dud), Lustig (great player), Wilson (Dud), Toshney (Dud)
2010/11 - Mulgrew (did ok), Majstorovic (Dud)
2009/10 - Braafiled (Dud), Zaluska (Dud)

That's before we even get to appointing Lennon again

trailer

Quote from: tyroneman on August 14, 2019, 09:06:16 AM
Last night's result was a shambles, but you could see it coming a mile off.

Defensively, in particular where it matters - in Europe - Celtic have been a disaster for years.

The talent spotting, certainly in defence, has been abysmal, as have most of the loans and free transfers. The responsibility rests with Lawell, the Board and whatever manager sanctioned / requested the player.

Here's the sum total from 2009/10 of players Celtic have bought, trying to build a defence: A decade of (mainly) incompetence - saved only by a few gems (a very few)

2019/20 - Bought Julien (left on bench) and Boli (left on bench and already looking not good enough)
2018/19 - Bought zero defenders
2017/18 - Bought Jack Hendry (Dud) and Compper (Dud)
2016/17 - Bought Gamboa (Dud) ands Ajer (good)
2015/16 - Bought Simunovic (average), Sviatchenko (average), Boyata (decent), Janko (Dud) and Logan Bailly (indeed)
2014/15 - Bought zero defenders
2013/14 - Bought VVD (halleluja)
2012/13 - Bought Forster (good)
2011/12 - Bought Adam Matthews (Dud)
2010/11 - Bought Juarez (Dud), Izaguirre (good at the time)
2009/10 - Bought Hooiveld (Dud), Fox (Dud), Rogne (Dud)

Free transfers / Loans:

2019/20 -
2018/19 - Benkovic (good), Bain (Jury out), Izaguirre (Dud this time round), Gutman (Dud), Toljan (Dud),
2017/18 - No defenders
2016/17 - Kelleher (Dud), Du Vries (Dud), Toure (Dud)
2015/16 - Blackett (Dud),
2014/15 - Denayer (good),
2013/14 - No defenders
2012/13 - Noring (Dud), Gershon (Dud), Ambrose (just about ok), Kamenar (Dud)
2011/12 - El Kaddouri (Dud), Lustig (great player), Wilson (Dud), Toshney (Dud)
2010/11 - Mulgrew (did ok), Majstorovic (Dud)
2009/10 - Braafiled (Dud), Zaluska (Dud)

That's before we even get to appointing Lennon again

It's f**king Celtic. Who would actually want to sign for them? It's a phoney league. Only bluffers and mercenaries move to the Scotlish prem.

straightred

Quote from: trailer on August 14, 2019, 08:54:35 AM
If ever a result exemplified the Scottish league and the talents of the players in it, this was it. Realistically Celtic are probably a mid table League one side. Scottish Prem is probably at same level as Irish league. Hence why they walk it year in year out.

Tired lazy comment. The real truth is that this result exemplified why Neil Lennon shouldn't have got the job. Spends 10m on 2 defenders and leaves them on the bench only to see 3 crucial goals conceded (i dont mind the 4th as they had to throw caution to the wind at the end)

charlieTully

Quote from: straightred on August 14, 2019, 09:42:35 AM

Tired lazy comment. The real truth is that this result exemplified why Neil Lennon shouldn't have got the job. Spends 10m on 2 defenders and leaves them on the bench only to see 3 crucial goals conceded (i dont mind the 4th as they had to throw caution to the wind at the end)

Don't engage that trolling cnut. He married his sister ffs.

trailer

Quote from: charlieTully on August 14, 2019, 10:33:45 AM

Stop me if I've said something wrong about Celtic.

ned

Quote from: charlieTully on August 14, 2019, 10:33:45 AM

Second that.