Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Donegal have 2 winnable games so Tyrone cant afford to take the foot of the gas just yet.  Nice that the points are banked but another win is required and opportunities to possibly relegate Kerry or Mayo which would be nice.  although Kerry will be expecting to beat Kildare.  I hope Donegal do win their last 2 games to test Tyrone under pressure.  Saturday was a pressure game and they came through it after a poor start. 
Living the dream!!!

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 11, 2018, 02:37:59 AM
We're not gonna win Sam but there is a definite change I tactics.
Lee Brennan and Bradley are a HUGE step up from any other forwards we've played in last few years but they need fast early ball.
It's a discussion board and we're entitled to change our mind but I've got hope again.
Not Gonna win Sam but if we kick the ball forward this much then...who knows

We certainly weren't going to win Sam playing the style of the past couple of seasons. It's still an unlikely prospect but any move towards a more positive style is welcome. You have zero chance of beating the the top sides without offering significantly more in attack than we have been.

BennyHarp

Darren McCurry has opted out of the panel. Work reasons apparently.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 13, 2018, 11:03:08 PM
just seen that. not surprised. wonder who will be next....

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 13, 2018, 11:04:20 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 13, 2018, 11:03:08 PM
just seen that. not surprised. wonder who will be next....

I wondered how long it would take you to jump in...you never disappoint.
That was never a square ball!!

bigtogs

not many tradesmen left playing county football to be fair....not easy...

GaaFanatic123

Big call from McCurry, been on the panel now since he's be 18 years of age, been a great servant..
It will be interesting to see if any other players do follow suit but I don't think anyone else will to be fair.
A year playing club football for McCurry could bring him on again and gain that confidence that he seems to be missing, lets not forget he's never had a full season of playing constant football as he's been on the panel from such a young age so I wont be surprised if McCurry finishes the season now as top scorer, gets the confidence up and is back in again next year!!
The only worry that Edendork should have now about McCurry is that he is going to have to avoid the temptations of the American dollar now as surely the clubs in the States will come poaching!

southtyronegael

Feel sorry for mc curry. When u think back to the confident, quick thinking, free scoring forward he was in the early years and see what Harte has reduced him to its a real shame. Hope he enjoys his club football this year. Best of luck to him.

omagh_gael

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on March 14, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Big call from McCurry, been on the panel now since he's be 18 years of age, been a great servant..
It will be interesting to see if any other players do follow suit but I don't think anyone else will to be fair.
A year playing club football for McCurry could bring him on again and gain that confidence that he seems to be missing, lets not forget he's never had a full season of playing constant football as he's been on the panel from such a young age so I wont be surprised if McCurry finishes the season now as top scorer, gets the confidence up and is back in again next year!!
The only worry that Edendork should have now about McCurry is that he is going to have to avoid the temptations of the American dollar now as surely the clubs in the States will come poaching!

Don't think Edendork need to worry about the American dollar, does McCurry not have a young family?

Onthe40

wouldn't be surprised if likes of Ronan ONeill follows suit, doesn't appear to be getting any game time now...

redhandefender

There is a reason he didn't get a consistent run.

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 14, 2018, 09:35:49 AM
Feel sorry for mc curry. When u think back to the confident, quick thinking, free scoring forward he was in the early years and see what Harte has reduced him to its a real shame. Hope he enjoys his club football this year. Best of luck to him.

Aye, he looked deadly in division 2 that year!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

Don't think Edendork need to worry about the American dollar, does McCurry not have a young family?

No, America could be an option. Especially if Senior Championship isn't going to be played off to the end of August...

GaelTheGael

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 14, 2018, 05:26:39 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 14, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

No, America could be an option. Especially if Senior Championship isn't going to be played off to the end of August...
Rumour has it Conor Mallon and Conn Kilpatrick already leaving the Dork to go stateside. I'd well believe that McCurry would follow suit.

In hiding

Quote from: redhandefender on March 14, 2018, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on March 14, 2018, 09:35:49 AM

Aye, he looked deadly in division 2 that year!

Typical horrible statement from a horrible poster