How to say no??

Started by hoopsaaa, September 12, 2007, 09:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoopsaaa

In the last three evening's i have had three different Clubs at the door with £20 tickets. Carmen, Errigal and some unlucky fellow from Armagh. Whats going on? I am getting afraid to answer the bloddy door.

I hate refusing anyone - but how do you say no?

Bacon

Where do you live? If they're not you local club tell them you got one already. Usuall does the trick with out setting the dogs on them.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

hoopsaaa

Thanks that was a lot of help. but you know what i really mean.

Puckoon

Not a big fan of the door to door ticket selling approach - it puts people in a very awkward position. Im sure the clubs can think of better ways to maximise ticket sales without going door to door. Kids are one thing - grown men coming to the door are another.

Puckoon

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 12, 2007, 09:47:49 PM
I dont see whats wrong with the door to door approach, especially if its in the Clubs own area.
I sold 50 tickets for a club draw last year and they were pretty hard to shift, most people complained about the price, but in my opinion it was for a good cause so I kind of forced the issue with some of them. A mate of mine wouldnt buy a ticket because he was a rugby man, so I havent put any work his way since ;)

No problem here, But I wouldnt think the poster falls in the catchment area of Errigal, Carmen & Armagh.

Slight problem there. Guess Im just not big on being pressured and feel for folks who might not have the backbone to say no.

hoopsaaa

Do not Live in Greencastle. Sufficient to say the local club will be knocking next - £20 a month for 5 years.

I have a UUC jersy from the 1989 and 1990 Sigerson - anyone intrested? £200 quid - both a clean as the day i got them.

SidelineKick

after sellin tickets door to door myself for a big draw i know the feelin of the seller bein turned down time after time so im the same, i find it hard to refuse. which sucks   :(

on the other hand the sellers completely understand that not everybody has £20 or £50 for that matter to be handin to random clubs! just say thanks but ure grand, thell not take offence.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Over the Bar

A Union Jack over the door should do the trick.

hoopsaaa

Tow [points here
1) Any man selling tickets door to door for his club desrves £20 - just cannot afford them all.
2) Union kack - i lived in a very low level gaa area in Dungannon for bout 10 years - not 1 gaa ticket. Maybe this week is karma?

ziggysego

hoopsaaa, I find it very hard to say no to GAA ticket sellers.

That said, anyone reading this, don't come knocking on my door now you know I'm a soft touch!
Testing Accessibility

hoopsaaa

Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 12, 2007, 09:59:23 PM
Do not Live in Greencastle. Sufficient to say the local club will be knocking next - £20 a month for 5 years.

I have a UUC jersy from the 1989 and 1990 Sigerson - anyone intrested? £200 quid - both a clean as the day i got them.

Not even wan offer?

Gnevin

Quote from: hoopsaaa on September 12, 2007, 09:29:33 PM
In the last three evening's i have had three different Clubs at the door with £20 tickets. Carmen, Errigal and some unlucky fellow from Armagh. Whats going on? I am getting afraid to answer the bloddy door.

I hate refusing anyone - but how do you say no?
Say your from the other side and can't condone football on a Sunday :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kentucky Blue

You'd be amazed how far some clubs travel to go door to door to sell club tickets.

But usually a local from the area that they know will take them round in my experience "to keep them right"

Sounds like you were very unlucky to be hit by 3 different clubs in a very short space of time, but I'd say if they knew your area was recently hit, they may have went elsewhere perhaps.

Time of year is a big factor too, last thing you want landing on your door just before Xmas for example.

Louth Exile

Its a tough thankless job selling the tickets, wouldn't fancy the door to door myself. A handy tip is to hit folks you know from outside the club, fresh meat that someone else hasn't went after  ;)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

oneillcup2007

I know anytime we have tickets to sell the first place we hit is Greencastle,  wile decent scribes up there with cash under beds, sofas and .  Theres nothing like getting chased by an ignorant Loughshore mother of 8 at dinner time to put you off selling around your own local area.  Plus it lets you charge the locals more for the dinner dance - they'll always pay into that.  My tip sell your tickets in Greencastle and Errigal but avoid Carmen - they'll insist you marry their daugher or sell you shares in the nally stand at twice the price.   ;)