Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Wee Sheamy Bryson getting his 2p worth in on twitter now too. Not sure who's comment is worse Bryson or MacKenna.

Orchard park

A thorough gentleman won the major his talent deserved. Had worked hard to get back to where his ability should have always had him..

My views on Rory and his backroom team are well noted here and equally well founded but I still feel if he didn't manage to f**k up so often Thursday he would have finished up 2nd on Sunday afternoon. What he did Friday took more than most players are capable of.

But this tournament is all about Shane Lowry and his humble family and backroom team

Kidder81

Quote from: Orchard park on July 22, 2019, 10:23:43 PM
A thorough gentleman won the major his talent deserved. Had worked hard to get back to where his ability should have always had him..

My views on Rory and his backroom team are well noted here and equally well founded but I still feel if he didn't manage to f**k up so often Thursday he would have finished up 2nd on Sunday afternoon. What he did Friday took more than most players are capable of.

But this tournament is all about Shane Lowry and his humble family and backroom team

McIlroy would have shot a very high score on Sunday, academic and hypothetical but he would not have thrived in those conditions

Main Street

I guess that beats traveling to Minnesota hands down.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 22, 2019, 10:26:07 PM

McIlroy would have shot a very high score on Sunday, academic and hypothetical but he would not have thrived in those conditions
When he saw the weather he was probably delighted he was back in Florida.

Milltown Row2

Rory was out of tournament on Friday evening and they are still talking about him! Let it go, let it go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

With Portrush being such a success other than the weather it's almost certain the open will be back. Which makes me think if Portrush can host it after some course adjustments then why not add county down to the rota as well. If anything it is an even better course.

armaghniac

With Portrush still be in 'Britain' in 10 years time, or will the Open be up there with the iPlayer in the final settlement?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: armaghniac on July 22, 2019, 11:30:33 PM
With Portrush still be in 'Britain' in 10 years time, or will the Open be up there with the iPlayer in the final settlement?

More emphasis these days seems to be on the open rather than british open so dont see why not even after a UI. Sure there was even talk of having the US PGA at Portrush at one point

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 23, 2019, 12:07:56 AM

More emphasis these days seems to be on the open rather than british open so dont see why not even after a UI. Sure there was even talk of having the US PGA at Portrush at one point
Harrington was saying the other day that the Open could feasibly be in Portmarnock (for example) as they are under the auspices of the R&A.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rois on July 21, 2019, 11:13:30 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 21, 2019, 09:21:52 PM

Bigger question - who will be our next Major winner?

• Paul Dunne
  • Gavin Moynihan
  • Robin Dawson
  • Sugre
  • Michael Hoey
  • Cormac Sharvin
  • Seamus Power
  • Tom McKibbin
  • Someone else?
Leona Maguire?

Coached by her dad who was an excellent under age camogie coach in Fermanagh as well.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hound

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 22, 2019, 10:26:07 PM

Exactly. If +2 had happened to be the cut line, Rory would have been well under par by Saturday night, but would have been back to around even by Sunday night.

He's a great chance in the WGC this weekend though.

stephenite

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 23, 2019, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 23, 2019, 12:07:56 AM

Harrington was saying the other day that the Open could feasibly be in Portmarnock (for example) as they are under the auspices of the R&A.

Did they resolve their 'issue' with allowing females in the door?