Portrush gets the Open

Started by stew, October 21, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

His heads not at it which unfortunately is all too often these days. To think he shot a 61 here 15 years ago

Tony Baloney

Tough day at the office for McIlroy and GMac although the latter still in it. Those tap ins show McIlroy's head was gone by that stage.

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Mikhail Prokhorov

GetOverTheBar

Least if the weather picks up he'll have a decent enough seat with a pint for the last few days.

Aaron Boone

highorlow

QuotePractice round yesterday did the same thing.

He didn't play a practice round yesterday
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 18, 2019, 03:13:00 PM
His heads not at it which unfortunately is all too often these days. To think he shot a 61 here 15 years ago

Agree about his psychological issues when the pressure is on but the course being used for the Open is virtually a new design with minimal relation to the course used by many before.

McElroy of the last few years shows how much golf is a game played out in the head and not just the physical skills.

trailer

Quote from: highorlow on July 18, 2019, 04:24:09 PM
QuotePractice round yesterday did the same thing.

He didn't play a practice round yesterday

Rory McIlroy talks to BBC Radio 5 Live after shooting an eight-over-par 79:

"I would like to punch myself. I made a couple of stupid mistakes. I was pretty nervous on the first tee and hit a bad shot. I showed some resilience in the middle of the round and was trying to fight back into the championship but then I finished off poorly as well.

"But seven over par combined on the first and last holes makes it very hard for you.

"I hit my first shot out of bounds yesterday but it went right so that might have been in my head a little bit. I turned the ball over a little too much. It was a poor tee shot but not that bad it deserved to go out of bounds.

"If I look back I undid all my good work to recover on the last three holes.

"At the end of the day I play golf to fulfill my ambitions not anyone else's but I wish I could have given the crowd something to cheer about.

"I let myself down more than anyone else and need to pick myself back up."

Orior

David Duvall takes 13 shots at the par 5 seventh hole. Ouch!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Orior on July 18, 2019, 06:16:54 PM
David Duvall takes 13 shots at the par 5 seventh hole. Ouch!
David Duval's score on the par five 7th hole has been adjusted to a 14 instead of a 13. His score for the first round is now 91, 20-over-par.

The adjustment was made following an error in reviewing his score on the 7th hole. David lost his first two balls from the tee and then played a wrong ball for the third ball played from the tee. On discovering the mistake at the green he had to return to where the wrong ball was played but the correct ball could not be found. Therefore he had to play again from the tee for a fourth time under penalty of stroke and distance. He played six shots in completing the hole with the fourth ball from the tee. He incurred a two-shot penalty for playing the wrong ball but the strokes played with the wrong ball do not count in his score (Rule 6.3c).

No further penalty was applied for the score adjustment.

Talk about kicking a fella when he's down!!!

6th sam

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 18, 2019, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 18, 2019, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 18, 2019, 03:22:36 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: shark on July 18, 2019, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 18, 2019, 02:52:12 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 02:50:57 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 18, 2019, 11:07:45 AM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 10:59:39 AM
Is McIlroy worth a punt at 66/1?

Where you getting that?

Oddschecker

Each way maybe but he wont win this

double bogey on par 3. he's gone.

100/1 now!  Did you see him putting on 16th?? Missed a 3ft then one from 9 inches!  Lol!

What an idiot

sawdust between the ears
But he went to Sullivan Upper.

Gutted for Rory, that will hurt him. Would love to see him put it behind him and make a charge. He deserves to enjoy the Open on home turf. Great to see Lowry in the mix, might be as good a chance as any to win his first major. Just hope there's an Irish interest in the final stages

trailer

Quote from: 6th sam on July 18, 2019, 07:36:08 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 18, 2019, 04:10:33 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 18, 2019, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 18, 2019, 03:22:36 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: shark on July 18, 2019, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: NotedObserver on July 18, 2019, 02:52:12 PM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 02:50:57 PM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 18, 2019, 11:07:45 AM
Quote from: under the bar on July 18, 2019, 10:59:39 AM
Is McIlroy worth a punt at 66/1?

Where you getting that?

Oddschecker

Each way maybe but he wont win this

double bogey on par 3. he's gone.

100/1 now!  Did you see him putting on 16th?? Missed a 3ft then one from 9 inches!  Lol!

What an idiot

sawdust between the ears
But he went to Sullivan Upper.

Gutted for Rory, that will hurt him. Would love to see him put it behind him and make a charge. He deserves to enjoy the Open on home turf. Great to see Lowry in the mix, might be as good a chance as any to win his first major. Just hope there's an Irish interest in the final stages

Tough day for Rory and everyone associated with him. At least he was man enough to come out and face the media. Took real balls that.

An Watcher

Not too bothered about mcilroy, delighted for lowry though. Great start

Boycey

Just back in the door having left at 6AM this morn, wrecked but happy. Anyone going over the weekend the left hand side of the stand behind the 11th green is a brilliant spot for watching. You have views of 2 fairways and greens and the 12th teebox