Predict the 2012 Leinster SFC winners

Started by BennyCake, May 16, 2012, 12:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2012 Leinster Senior Football Championship?

Carlow
3 (6.7%)
Dublin
16 (35.6%)
Kildare
14 (31.1%)
Laois
2 (4.4%)
Longford
4 (8.9%)
Louth
0 (0%)
Meath
3 (6.7%)
Offaly
2 (4.4%)
Westmeath
0 (0%)
Wexford
1 (2.2%)
Wicklow
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: May 20, 2012, 12:48:52 AM

BennyCake

Kildare could be close, but I can't see past Dublin.

Ard-Rí

Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Ard-Rí on May 16, 2012, 09:21:52 AM
I'll take a gamble on Contae na Mí.

You're mental. But not as mental as those who voted for Carlow, Longford or Offaly  :o
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

heffo

Kildare for me - Dublin have pocketfuls of Leinster medals and Kildare will want Leinster a lot more..

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Ard-Rí

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 16, 2012, 11:14:40 AM

You're mental. But not as mental as those who voted for Carlow, Longford or Offaly  :o

Not really that mental. We nearly got relegated in the 2011 League campaign and played Kildare in the the Leinster Championship, and were leading at half time. Not only were we leading, we were playing the better football. Kildare as we know are many people's favourites for Leinster this year, but while they have beaten us repeatedly in the last year or two, look at the margin. Last year's Leinster, bet us by 6. Last year in the Qualifiers, bet us by 3. This year in the League, bet us by 1. And that was an injury time point.

Now, admittedly the wheels have come off a little bit in the last while, but Banty has not given up either. He knows the pressure is on to win something, and the only thing we're in with a shout for is Leinster. It is  a gamble, but it's not that unsound. As I see it, there are two possibilities for Meath; complete collapse, or to come out stronger than before.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Jinxy

The problem is, we're developing quite a taste for the first option.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Ard-Rí on May 16, 2012, 11:43:34 AM

Not really that mental. We nearly got relegated in the 2011 League campaign and played Kildare in the the Leinster Championship, and were leading at half time. Not only were we leading, we were playing the better football. Kildare as we know are many people's favourites for Leinster this year, but while they have beaten us repeatedly in the last year or two, look at the margin. Last year's Leinster, bet us by 6. Last year in the Qualifiers, bet us by 3. This year in the League, bet us by 1. And that was an injury time point.

Now, admittedly the wheels have come off a little bit in the last while, but Banty has not given up either. He knows the pressure is on to win something, and the only thing we're in with a shout for is Leinster. It is  a gamble, but it's not that unsound. As I see it, there are two possibilities for Meath; complete collapse, or to come out stronger than before.

I thought the collapse had happened already.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Donnellys Hollow

Can't see anyone stopping the Blue Wave. Discount their league form - simply a case of blowing out the dirty diesel after a winter on the porter. They'll have gained huge confidence from going all the way last year and are bound to improve again - even O'Gara looked like a footballer this spring. That's without even mentioning all the talented lads from their all conquering u21 team that they can now add to the mix.

Kildare have plateaued. We have no settled midfield pairing and the whole Cavanman will he/won't he farce is bound to have caused unrest in a once united camp. The county is broke after this vain pursuit for an All-Ireland and no sign on the Curragh horizon of an Arab Sheikh to give us a digout like the 90s. Glorious failure once again is the best we can hope for.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Sure Offaly are going to bate Kildare.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 16, 2012, 02:36:51 PM
Sure Offaly are going to bate Kildare.

and bate them well.

Wicklow will beat Meath FFS.

If anyone else was playing Dublin in the Leinster final I'd fancy them, Dublin don't like Kildare and have our number, Kildare will win nowt this year.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Ah c'mon lads, will someone vote for poor oul WestLucan?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

For pig iron I voted Longford.

If we do win it I will march naked down O'Connell St at midday on 14 Aug 2012 waving a Westmeath flag.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 16, 2012, 05:16:14 PM
For pig iron I voted Longford.

If we do win it I will march naked down O'Connell St at midday on 14 Aug 2012 waving a Westmeath flag.

I wouldn't know whether to sit at the top of O'Connell Street and wait for you, or sit at the bottom and see you set off, following you up the street wouldn't feel right.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)