Elvis impersonators

Started by BennyCake, March 02, 2012, 01:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Now I like Elvis as much as the next man. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't mind most of his music. But does anyone find Elvis impersonators incredibly annoying?

I listen to Hector on 2FM most days and lately it's all about Elvis impersonators. It's no wonder there's so many people trying to be Elvis impersonators because anyone can do an impression of Elvis. Can't something be done to rid the country of these sad individuals?

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: BennyCake on March 02, 2012, 01:37:59 PM
Now I like Elvis as much as the next man. I'm not a huge fan, but I don't mind most of his music. But does anyone find Elvis impersonators incredibly annoying?

I listen to Hector on 2FM most days and lately it's all about Elvis impersonators. It's no wonder there's so many people trying to be Elvis impersonators because anyone can do an impression of Elvis. Can't something be done to rid the country of these sad individuals?

Far more annoying than any Elvis impersonator.

ross4life

Big Elvis in Bill's gamblin' hall & saloon is the best I've seen. It's a bit OTT with Elvis impersonators alright but would like to visit Graceland some day apparently Priscilla is making a fortune out of that house.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Nally Stand

Agh don't be cruel, these impersonators are the devil in disguise but  I wouldn't get all shook up about it. A little less conversation about them would be nice.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Big Elvis in Vegas is pretty much the best Elvis show I've seen. Got to sing with him couple years ago which was magic.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Billy Elvis Quinn can be found in many respectable drinking holes in Lurgan including his weekly spot in the Foresters of a Monday evening.

under the bar

Frank Chism was the king of king impersonators.  Apparently he would have got the movie role ahead of Kurt Russell except he couldn't act for sh*t!

BennyCake

Anthony Stokes must have been reading this thread.

T Fearon

lawnseed

Yeah one of these fellas beat the lib/dems into 3rd place in a local election in uk as elvis... ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

BennyCake

Nutts corner, end of April. 900 Elvis's expected. Oh dear God!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on April 10, 2015, 08:22:43 PM
Nutts corner, end of April. 900 Elvis's expected. Oh dear God!
Uh huh

StGallsGAA

Apparently Iris The Virus liked thon 19 yr old who was porking her to dress like Elvis and sing "How Great Thou Art" while on the job!