The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 01, 2017, 11:52:50 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 01, 2017, 11:41:06 AM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 01, 2017, 11:36:13 AM

They haven't broken any rules because there was no rule and/or sanction with regard to this in the first place.

They should still hand over the cup. The offered resignation of the Chairperson is evidence that they realise wrongdoing has occurred.

It doesnt say it anywhere in the rules, thats the reality.

We're beyond that. The rules don't say that the Chairperson should step down. Yet she should. And she did.

They should return the cup. Quote all the rules you like.

redsetanta

Reply the game prior to the next senior match in O'Moore Park.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: redsetanta on June 01, 2017, 12:11:09 PM

good call

Spoke to someone from Tipp in the last half hour as regards what Castletown did.

squad Rules are in place there for both u12 and CnaB

Do it at any point before a final and your team is thrown out

Get caught after a final,you forfeit the game and the other team automatically wins

Do it twice in a season,you are turfed out with the ultimate sanction of a next season ban

simple and as clear as that

Don Draper

Not sure replay is the answer at this stage. Its a mess. Just hand back the trophy and put it in the past. They've already fucked it up for everyone.

redsetanta

Yeh, I would replay it in front of a crowd and make a fuss of the kids. They are probably well aware of what is going on so it would redeem it somewhat for them. If I was that age and was offered the chance to play again i'd take it. Fair enough if Castletown win it so be it but by the sound of things Knockmay had beaten them earlier this year. As someone mentioned here it might mean a whole lot more to the kids of Knockmay school and keep an interest in hurling going.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 01, 2017, 12:34:53 PM
Not sure replay is the answer at this stage. Its a mess. Just hand back the trophy and put it in the past. They've already fucked it up for everyone.

No let both sets of kids play for it,the way they should have in the first place.

Throwing the cup from the boot of one car into another car some night,doesn't improve anything and is a pure gombeen approach.

Justice to both sets of kids should be done and more importantly be seen to be done

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on June 01, 2017, 12:55:35 PM
Yeh, I would replay it in front of a crowd and make a fuss of the kids. They are probably well aware of what is going on so it would redeem it somewhat for them. If I was that age and was offered the chance to play again i'd take it. Fair enough if Castletown win it so be it but by the sound of things Knockmay had beaten them earlier this year. As someone mentioned here it might mean a whole lot more to the kids of Knockmay school and keep an interest in hurling going.

This story has gone viral and doesn't help Laois's reputation or our promotion of hurling in the county.

Play it before Laois next hurling game make a big fuss and let the best team win....

The kids would want it that way!
LAOIS ABÚ

burdizzo

Sure, the next Laois hurling game could be next year!

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on June 01, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
My sentiments exactly. We'll have a qualifier, but there's no guarantee it'll be a home game. And people want to drag this out for another month? The kids will have it forgotten by that stage. Just hand over the trophy, its a shameful issue that should be put to bed.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 01, 2017, 04:42:55 PM
My sentiments exactly. We'll have a qualifier, but there's no guarantee it'll be a home game. And people want to drag this out for another month? The kids will have it forgotten by that stage. Just hand over the trophy, its a shameful issue that should be put to bed.

But the parents and the kids won't forget it,that's the point.

If laois aren't at home,play it before a club game in OMP and treat both sets of kids afterwards

Bottom line the final should be replayed,because it's the right thing to do.

Sweeping it under the Carpet because it's "shameful" seems to be the Irish answer to everything.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 01, 2017, 04:50:04 PM

If laois aren't at home,play it before a club game in OMP and treat both sets of kids afterwards

Sweeping it under the Carpet because it's "shameful" seems to be the Irish answer to everything.
No ones swept anything under the carpet. Its out in the open. The chairperson has been disciplined and resigned in disgrace, the school mocked, and the "win" is worthless. Lay off the "won't someone think of the children" approach there a bit, you're likely to give yourself an injury. You were the one who also said no rules were broken earlier.

And to top it all off, you now plan on waiting for a club championship game, so we're going further into the summer for this. f**k it, lets drag it out a bit more if we can shall we? Will be play it before the county final altogether?

Hand over the trophy and let the whole thing die. Its a cuntfuck of a situation, that is irredeemable.

theskull1

From an outsiders perspective.... I think its admirable the noise being made about this issue. I've heard of one or two instances up in Antrim at primary school aged indoor competitions where stronger A team players arrived on finals days to compete in lower division finals. There was a bit of grumbling but finding enough people to care enough to make some noise about it was a problem.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Don Draper

Quote from: theskull1 on June 01, 2017, 05:23:41 PM
From an outsiders perspective.... I think its admirable the noise being made about this issue. I've heard of one or two instances up in Antrim at primary school aged indoor competitions where stronger A team players arrived on finals days to compete in lower division finals. There was a bit of grumbling but finding enough people to care enough to make some noise about it was a problem.
Its a credit to the journalist in question, no doubt.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 01, 2017, 05:06:23 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 01, 2017, 04:50:04 PM

No ones swept anything under the carpet. Its out in the open. The chairperson has been disciplined and resigned in disgrace, the school mocked, and the "win" is worthless. Lay off the "won't someone think of the children" approach there a bit, you're likely to give yourself an injury. You were the one who also said no rules were broken earlier.

And to top it all off, you now plan on waiting for a club championship game, so we're going further into the summer for this. f**k it, lets drag it out a bit more if we can shall we? Will be play it before the county final altogether?

Hand over the trophy and let the whole thing die. Its a cuntfuck of a situation, that is irredeemable.

You should have been a member of the clergy or a politican in the 1960's with that gombeen attitude.

shur move it along there lads,nothing to see,everyone forget about it and to hell with the consequences

Play the f**king thing tomorrow then,if your so worried about "our" reputation

Its never too late to do the right thing,but that would'nt exactly be our style

and we wonder why laois hurling doesn't progress and we are a complete laughing stock........

clonadmad

Quote from: theskull1 on June 01, 2017, 05:23:41 PM

maybe the journo in question is like a lot of us,sick of the inept governance and amateur carry on of people that are charged to run and promote hurling in this county.

Fair play to him for having the integrity and backbone to highlight it.