Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sensethetone

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 12, 2018, 09:15:21 AM
Quote from: screenexile on December 12, 2018, 08:52:57 AM
I don't think they have the votes to oust her . . . if they do the chaos will be worse than it is now!!!

They might not have the votes but if they get 120-130 then her position becomes nearly untenable.  The reality is if there is a leadership contest then we are scarily looking at a No Deal and a hard border.  Will be the end of January before there's a new PM in and that gives you 8 weeks to get the deal done before the 29th March.  Really difficult to see that happening

Does parliament have to vote for a no deal Brexit?

NAG1

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 12, 2018, 11:03:41 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 12, 2018, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 11, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Tories about to knife Tessie? 48 letters in apparently.

Err..when I said 'knife' I kinda meant using one of them plastic knives that they give you at a takeaway, the sort that shatter whenever you hit a tougher bit of chicken or cod. Looks as if the Tory 'hard right' are going to get a good routing in this. PPs has Tessie at 2/7 to survive.

Have been keeping an eye on the odds, started at 1/4,  lengthened to 1/2, then 2/7, 1/8 and back to 1/3 now.

She has 100+ MPs out in support so I'd have thought she's as good as home

It is a secret ballot.

yellowcard

Quote from: macdanger2 on December 12, 2018, 11:03:41 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 12, 2018, 10:57:41 AM
Quote from: mouview on December 11, 2018, 10:39:48 PM
Tories about to knife Tessie? 48 letters in apparently.

Err..when I said 'knife' I kinda meant using one of them plastic knives that they give you at a takeaway, the sort that shatter whenever you hit a tougher bit of chicken or cod. Looks as if the Tory 'hard right' are going to get a good routing in this. PPs has Tessie at 2/7 to survive.

Have been keeping an eye on the odds, started at 1/4,  lengthened to 1/2, then 2/7, 1/8 and back to 1/3 now.

She has 100+ MPs out in support so I'd have thought she's as good as home

You would think so, but it is a secret ballot so nobody will know how each MP has voted. They can say one thing in public yet do another and that is certainly not beyond Tory party members.

I don't understand how a party so divided can still be together after all this. Surely the prospect of a split in the party must be a possibility now or are the Brexiteer fantasists just happy to sit on the ditches and snipe whilst not actually offering anything.

trailer

Quote from: sensethetone on December 12, 2018, 11:47:58 AM
I don't think they have the votes to oust her . . . if they do the chaos will be worse than it is now!!!

They might not have the votes but if they get 120-130 then her position becomes nearly untenable.  The reality is if there is a leadership contest then we are scarily looking at a No Deal and a hard border.  Will be the end of January before there's a new PM in and that gives you 8 weeks to get the deal done before the 29th March.  Really difficult to see that happening

Not necessarily. As in if we reach 29th March 2019 with no withdrawal deal then essentially that will be a disorderly no deal exit. However Parliament could vote to avoid this either by agreeing to May's deal, another version of it or by asking the EU to extend Article 50 which is what I would bet on.

trailer

Did you ever see a more pitiful performance from the Leader of the opposition. The PM, is wounded, lying prone in front of you and all you he had to do was kill her off. Just offer a genuine alternative. But no, he was as weak as piss. Utterly useless. Never mind TM it's time he fucked off as well.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: trailer on December 12, 2018, 01:30:51 PM
Did you ever see a more pitiful performance from the Leader of the opposition. The PM, is wounded, lying prone in front of you and all you he had to do was kill her off. Just offer a genuine alternative. But no, he was as weak as piss. Utterly useless. Never mind TM it's time he fucked off as well.

Completely agree, just watched parliament today and he's offering no logical alternative. Never thought I would see a Labour leader behaving like a Dupper.  The whole thing is like a political alternative to the Jeremy Kyle show, only difference is Kyle's quests come across more classy.
Europe must be laughing it's nuts off.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Sweeper 123

She took the p1ss out of him and the labour party and made them look like complete prats. His performance today was useless, she was let off bigtime.

NAG1

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 12, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

Completely agree, just watched parliament today and he's offering no logical alternative. Never thought I would see a Labour leader behaving like a Dupper.  The whole thing is like a political alternative to the Jeremy Kyle show, only difference is Kyle's quests come across more classy.
Europe must be laughing it's nuts off.

Corbyn is well known for his Euro-sceptic views so it should be no surprise that he has no alternative as he would like to see them crash out of the EU.

All the Corbynites saying he would have negotiated a better deal, if his performances throughout the referendum campaign and in parliament are anything to go by then I very much doubt he is capable of finding his way to Brussels never mind doing anything different when or if he got there.

LeoMc

Quote from: sensethetone on December 12, 2018, 11:47:58 AM

No, it is the default option. The UK hits the iceberg on the 29th March. The Tories are quibbling about whether to lower the lifebelts or not.

bennydorano

A Hard Border is a bit of a bogeyman, very unlikely to see any physical infrastructure, it'll be a technical border if it comes to it. The UK has repeatedly said it won't man any border and can't be compelled to by the EU in a no deal situation, the ball will be in the EU / Ireland's court if that particular chicken comes home to roost.

johnnycool

Quote from: bennydorano on December 12, 2018, 03:06:40 PM
A Hard Border is a bit of a bogeyman, very unlikely to see any physical infrastructure, it'll be a technical border if it comes to it. The UK has repeatedly said it won't man any border and can't be compelled to by the EU in a no deal situation, the ball will be in the EU / Ireland's court if that particular chicken comes home to roost.

Wait until all these immigrants come into Dublin and board the bus to belfast and then the boat to Liverpool and beyond.

haranguerer

Describe a technical border to me

lenny

You're listening to kate hoey and david davis a bit too much ie idiots. If it's a hard brexit or no deal there will definitely be a hard border with infrastructure. There's no way of avoiding it.

RadioGAAGAA

Yep - after the courtesy of the first question being fairly mild and her attack on him he should have went for jugular.
Any number of the following would do:

1. Project Fear II from Theresa - she has no plan so tries to frighten the electorate into not voting for the alternative.
2. She has no "progress" to show from her discussions. Yesterday she was busy rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic, today the rest of the crew have thrown her overboard in a dodgy lifeboat and she has had to grab a bucket and start to bail.
3. Businesses are screaming out for clarity - but the self-proclaimed "party of business" under self-proclaimed "strong and steady" leadership are providing confusion, rather than clarity. Will she accept personal responsibility for the jobs being lost, the standards of living decreasing and the financial problems people are experiencing because she wants to play inter-Tory political games?
4. Is the former Home Secretary that wanted to make the country a "hostile environment" for foreigners really surprised that she is not getting much out of negotiations with foreigners?
5. How does she expect to reconcile the legal fact that this house has a binding constitutional framework in the GFA that demands an open border in Ireland with her desire to have no customs union? The two are mutually exclusive.
i usse an speelchekor