Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Bit of the robber baron approach coming in from Big Sir Jim alright. "Seek other employment if you don't like me unilaterally changing the conditions of your job" generally doesn't go down to well with the rank and file.

Personally find the whole Ratcliffe situation absolutely hilarious and I still have no idea whatsoever Sir Dave is supposed to be doing there. Doesn't look like he's had the squad assessed for their bespoke pillows yet anyway.

johnnycool

Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 09:02:28 AM
Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 07:00:22 AMRatcliffe making a lot of noise for a minority stakeholder. Cut all the perks of the staff for FA cup final day just before a swanky lunch for the players' WAGs, all paid for by the club. Nice.

Staff are getting 1 ticket and have to pay £20 for the bus? They have 1,100 staff! as for the dinner, seems that's been a tradition going back to Busby.

I hope they beat Arsenal this weekend  ;D
Man City or any other club gets to a cup final, it's common to give a ticket plus one and pay for lunch and transport on what's a very special occasion. Mean act to take that away from regular staff. I think the problems and imbalance of power at OT will not be sorted out by taking Betsy from the canteen down a peg or two.
 Bit of unnecessary chest pumping from the man with the new hat. Lets see how he gets on with the real job.

A tory is gonna tory..

hammer the low hanging fruit.

Look-Up!

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 12:00:30 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 07:00:22 AMRatcliffe making a lot of noise for a minority stakeholder. Cut all the perks of the staff for FA cup final day just before a swanky lunch for the players' WAGs, all paid for by the club. Nice.

Staff are getting 1 ticket and have to pay £20 for the bus? They have 1,100 staff! as for the dinner, seems that's been a tradition going back to Busby.

Man City or any other club gets to a cup final, it's common to give a ticket plus one and pay for lunch and transport on what's a very special occasion. Mean act to take that away from regular staff. I think the problems and imbalance of power at OT will not be sorted out by taking Betsy from the canteen down a peg or two.
 Bit of unnecessary chest pumping from the man with the new hat. Lets see how he gets on with the real job.

A tory is gonna tory..

Definitely shades of a charlatan about him. Utd people are understandably fed up with how the club is ran but I don't understand the "man on a white horse" vibe some are quick enough to bestow on him.

He's a billionaire, same as the Glazers. You don't become one of them by being generous and stupid. He has approx a 25% stake, Glazers 50%. He's the ops manager or whatever, fair enough, but a minority stakeholder none the less. Someone else controls the club. Any of his own money he spends, he immediately, effectively, loses 75% control of. I don't buy it, no one is that stupid or generous and if they were the Glazers would be the first to take full advantage.
As all things associated with Utd, this latest saga is going to be very entertaining if nothing else.

snoopdog

City wouldn't have the fanbase UTD have so could give as many tickets away as thry like. Season ticket holders should get 1st preference.
A story you don't see published is the United team paid for all the tickets for the ladies teams families to go to Wembley this Sunday, that is 30 tickets a player. Yes its a drop in thr ocean for multi millionairres but they didn't have to do it.

gallsman

Good on them. That's quite different from the club doing it though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 02:05:24 PM

A tory is gonna tory..

Definitely shades of a charlatan about him. Utd people are understandably fed up with how the club is ran but I don't understand the "man on a white horse" vibe some are quick enough to bestow on him.

He's a billionaire, same as the Glazers. You don't become one of them by being generous and stupid. He has approx a 25% stake, Glazers 50%. He's the ops manager or whatever, fair enough, but a minority stakeholder none the less. Someone else controls the club. Any of his own money he spends, he immediately, effectively, loses 75% control of. I don't buy it, no one is that stupid or generous and if they were the Glazers would be the first to take full advantage.
As all things associated with Utd, this latest saga is going to be very entertaining if nothing else.

So is it the Glazers doing it or Ratcliffe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Look-Up!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 02:48:47 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 02:05:24 PM

A tory is gonna tory..

So is it the Glazers doing it or Ratcliffe
You're gonna have to spell it out for me MR2

Milltown Row2

Who made the decision on the staff? was it Ratcliffe (minority share holder) or the Glazers (majority) that  stopped Betsy from getting her husband a ticket and charged her £20 quid for the bus to Wembley?

Personally I think they have done them a favour and saved them a horrible day out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: snoopdog on Today at 02:25:28 PMCity wouldn't have the fanbase UTD have so could give as many tickets away as thry like. Season ticket holders should get 1st preference.
A story you don't see published is the United team paid for all the tickets for the ladies teams families to go to Wembley this Sunday, that is 30 tickets a player. Yes its a drop in thr ocean for multi millionairres but they didn't have to do it.

Yet...

Kids follow winning teams, Utd haven't won anything of consequence in almost a decade and City have been winning Premier leagues hand over fist recently not to mention a CL title.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 03:30:28 PMWho made the decision on the staff? was it Ratcliffe (minority share holder) or the Glazers (majority) that  stopped Betsy from getting her husband a ticket and charged her £20 quid for the bus to Wembley?

Personally I think they have done them a favour and saved them a horrible day out
I don't know, maybe the "Operations Manager"?

Favour or not, not every year you make a cup final and I'm sure a jolly to London, a bed for the night and a match ticket is a really really big deal for ordinary folk on minimum to average industrial wage.

Armagh18

Jesus you'd think it's the least United could do for staff that are only on small money given the millions they spend every week on wages for gobshites who cant even be bother to break sweat.

Denn Forever

How long was it before Ferguson had sucess or anything approaching sussess?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Denn Forever on Today at 04:43:46 PMHow long was it before Ferguson had sucess or anything approaching sussess?

As with United? as he had success with Aberdeen which includes beating Real Madrid in a European final.  Was appointed Man United manager on November 6th 1986 first trophy won with Man United was the FA Cup May 17th 1990.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Look-Up! on Today at 03:51:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 03:30:28 PMWho made the decision on the staff? was it Ratcliffe (minority share holder) or the Glazers (majority) that  stopped Betsy from getting her husband a ticket and charged her £20 quid for the bus to Wembley?

I don't know, maybe the "Operations Manager"?

Favour or not, not every year you make a cup final and I'm sure a jolly to London, a bed for the night and a match ticket is a really really big deal for ordinary folk on minimum to average industrial wage.

It's certainly the last two years in a row.

So it's not Ratcliffe but the operations manager?

I've a friend who's daughter dates somebody who's a marketing manager at City, he gets the same wage that he got in his last marketing job.

Just because they are loaded, people get paid to do a job, not overpaid, and yes him and his girlfriend are heading to Wembley, mainly because City can't fill their own stadium  ;)