Hotels in Liverpool

Started by girt_giggler, August 08, 2007, 11:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

Anyone got any suggestions/recommendations. stayed in Adelphi & Thistle before, fancy a change. Preferably in middle of the city centre

bingobus

If you want to go cheap and cheerful go for the Travellodge, three of them in Liverpool. Try for the Central one, just off Williamson Square, 3 minute walk to Mathew Street/Club shop.

Bit more expensive if the Liner (Formerly The Gladstone), just behind Lime Street Station. Has been done up in recent years and is quiet nice.

Even more upmarket is the Marriott (City Centre). Very handy for town but can be pricey.

youngfella

therRadisson SAS Hotel  is lovely about a five minute to the fun and games, quite close to some nice restaurants aswell, lovely views over the mersey.
Pull hard and early

southdown

Theres a hotel caled the Formula 1 Hotel (or maybe its the Grand Prix, not sure), and its £31 for a room witha double and a single bed.  Not a bad standard either, down by the Albert Dock.

youngfella

i've heard about that one, its were the seaman bring there catch too ;)
Pull hard and early

girt_giggler

Quote from: southdown on August 08, 2007, 12:23:40 PM
Theres a hotel caled the Formula 1 Hotel (or maybe its the Grand Prix, not sure), and its £31 for a room witha double and a single bed.  Not a bad standard either, down by the Albert Dock.

Heard about this place before. unfortunatley im bringing the missus & this i believe is one of those places where you share bathrooms etc so a no-no!

bingobus

Quote from: girt_giggler on August 08, 2007, 12:43:58 PM
Quote from: southdown on August 08, 2007, 12:23:40 PM

Heard about this place before. unfortunatley im bringing the missus & this i believe is one of those places where you share bathrooms etc so a no-no!

Yes its very much a lads hotel. Basic and cheap.

The Ibis hotel next to the Formula One hotel is cheap also and a bit better than the Formula 1 hotel. Have your own room and ensuite but they are basic.

The Crowne Plaza by the Mersey is still fairly central and is very nice. Its near the Thistle.

Also there are some nice new Boutique Hotels in town as well. Can't think of names. Will try and reminder them over lunch.

Balboa

Quote from: youngfella on August 08, 2007, 12:04:52 PM
therRadisson SAS Hotel  is lovely about a five minute to the fun and games, quite close to some nice restaurants aswell, lovely views over the mersey.

I take it your taking the p*ss !! Is there such a thing??

amallon

The Ibis and Formula 1 will be full of hen and stag nights.  Both will be pretty noisy at night time
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

youngfella

no rocky, the girlfriends sister said in it when she was here really nice place give it a google mate.
Pull hard and early

southdown

The Campanile is another classic dump full of hens/stags! But if you want something decent you will have to pay.  Girt Giggler, I just spent a year studying in Chester, its a half hour train ride from Liverpool, one of the nicest cities in Britain, well woth a trip if its a family occasion

dubinhell

I just stayed in the Holiday Inn right beside Lime St station ...nice place, refurbished in 2000. About 70 lids a night i think...

stiffler

That Formula 1 is supposed to be a pure dive. The last time i was in Liverpool i stayed in the Travel lodge city centre, ideal location, rooms were grand, but the one thing it was lacking is a bar. Although it wasnt all bad as the night porter was selling us beer at 4 in the morn (as long as we got him 1)
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009