Tipp-Limerick

Started by thejuice, June 10, 2007, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon

Tobin's in for the injured O'Connor with O'Shaughnessy moving in to full forward. Other wise no change for Limerick. I'm convinced they can win this one, maybe after extra time. Their confidence will be up afer last weeks display. How come Reale is able to play? Should he not be missing a match?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Billys Boots

Where are all the hurling lads gone - is bottlethrower gone now as well?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Sky Blue

Bottlecarrier, Home of Hurling, Columbia all driven off by the Armagh/Tyrone dominance of the board. It's an awful shame they were excellent posters with a great insight to the game of hurling. Many of their posts were better that previews or reports you'd get in the papers.

Billys Boots

Their posts were a welcome part of the summer alright, and are sadly missed by this poster.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

I agree. Them lads are a big miss on this board now. I like to chat hurling, but some of their insights were brilliant.

Hardy

Same here. I read their contributions more than I read about hurling in the papers. But maybe they're not gone for good. They're hardly that thin-skinned to be put off by the noisy juveniles around here. Many have got fed up and fecked off before, only to be drawn back by the smell of cut grass, the clash of timber, etc. Here's hoping.

lemon125

I'm here. We had a good chat going last year, even included a long Tipp club championship.

I think the main problem is that the outlook for Tipp for the year isnt great. We wont win the All-Ireland, and Munster doesnt look likely either.
some of the team selections are a bit, i dont know, iffy and stories around Thurles is that morale in the camp isnt great. (when has it been?) We should be beating Limerick but a trip in the qualifiers wont do any harm. Our lads need games and experience as we have made alot of changes in the past 3 years

AZOffaly

Well Lemon,

I'm living in Newport now, and I heard a few rumours down in the local as well. Is there any truth to them? Certainly Babs made some strange decisions the last day, and didn't seem terribly gung-ho afterwards.

lemon125

From talking to the players, they are content enough and arent making an issue out of it. But its more the people who go in to watch training and see the set up. And thats where the rumours are coming out of and having watched it twice, its not great.

Team selection is a worry, dropping Philip Maher and now having no full back is coming back to haunt Babs (even though theres stories about taht incident too). Playing Benny centre back, not playing Butler, bringing in Cahill and bringing him on.... there's loads of incidents within the Tipp camp that are unhelpfull as they prepare for a long championshiop which i dont think they will have.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 15, 2007, 08:59:52 AM
Where are all the hurling lads gone - is bottlethrower gone now as well?

still look in from time to time Billy, but I lost interest posting on threads that disappeared to page 3 in a matter of minutes.

maybe if theres a separate hurling forum (make this one Gaelic Football, have a Hurling and the Non-GAA) I'd get my motivation to post back.

AZOffaly

I'd agree with that. I know it's been shot down before, but this board doesn't hold as many topics on Page 1 as the old version.  With all the football threads getting fired up, the odd hurling one sinks faster than a hammer in the Shannon.

Leith_Limerick_Lad

Just found out the replay will be shown live in Scotland :o D-Lighted.

Can I tempt anybody into a score prediction?

Tipp 0-17 - 1-18 Limerick 8)

darbyo

Very hard to call, neither team seem to be up to much(no disrespect) but on the basis of what I'm hearing about Tipp, I'll go for Limerick in a lower scoring match, 1-14to 0-15

bugs bunny

Quote from: darbyo on June 15, 2007, 09:53:40 PM
Very hard to call, neither team seem to be up to much(no disrespect) but on the basis of what I'm hearing about Tipp, I'll go for Limerick in a lower scoring match, 1-14to 0-15
I agree tough game to call,Limerick should have gained some confidance from the first outing,being in Thurles wont be much of an advantage to Tipp,most Limerick fans can make it there faster than the Gaelic Grounds anyway.Tipp wont fold (like Clare)and I expect them to take it by about 3 points.

wickla

Any sign of the Tipp team being named?