Ros V Donegal Hyde Park 21/7/18

Started by Rossfan, July 16, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 16, 2018, 10:03:16 PM
2-20,2-16,2-22 and 2-18 is what Donegal scored in their games in Ulster this year. One of the main reasons why Dublin won last Saturday was because they stopped Donegal from scoring goals but  Donegal still managed to score 0-16.  The main question here is how much will Donegal score this weekend against a Roscommon team that conceded 5-43 in their last two games?

Would not want to disrespect Donegal after the hammering we got from Tyrone, but they put up big scores in Ulster against teams we would put big scores up against (base this based on our league final against Cavan, and R4 v Armagh). Of course we concede way more to these type of teams than Donegal ever would. Still, I would be surprised if there's more than 4 points in it either way.

Rossfan

Will our lads go out and burst themselves or will they be so shattered after Saturday that they'll just want to get the finterest out of the way to Hell?
I see our manager talking about strategic change , in other words become a defensive orientated team next year.
Then wonders will the Ros public watch that sort of football! !
Can't see them watching much more of what we saw v Tyrone anyway.
Everyone and his mother knew after last years Quarter Final replay we needed a defensive system and game plan.
11 months later and another hammering and it dawns on our manager.
If we have it in us to tear into Donegal from the start who knows what might happen?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

westbound

I can see us tearing into them for the first 20-30 mins. Then i expect  Donegal to put us away with a goal or two!

Aaron Boone

The mechanics of Super 8's means a Roscommon win here would put Tyrone in strong position, regardless of their 7pm Dublin game. Final positions could be Dubs 6pts, the rest all on 2.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 17, 2018, 09:32:42 PM
The mechanics of Super 8's means a Roscommon win here would put Tyrone in strong position, regardless of their 7pm Dublin game. Final positions could be Dubs 6pts, the rest all on 2.
Can you provide a decent argument for Roscommon to win this game? It would be major turnaround from such a heavy defeat last weekend and Donegal are similar ranked side to Tyrone.

I think at best Roscommon are looking at a five or six point defeat here and even for that to happen they would need to improve massively in defence. Dublin should do enough to win in Omagh so the Tyrone v Donegal game in round 3 a likely play off for a semi final spot.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 17, 2018, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 17, 2018, 09:32:42 PM
Can you provide a decent argument for Roscommon to win this game? It would be major turnaround from such a heavy defeat last weekend and Donegal are similar ranked side to Tyrone.

I think at best Roscommon are looking at a five or six point defeat here and even for that to happen they would need to improve massively in defence. Dublin should do enough to win in Omagh so the Tyrone v Donegal game in round 3 a likely play off for a semi final spot.
A lot of assumptions there obvious based solely on last weekends set of results, Ros will run Donegal all the way and I expect them to pull off a result.

Rossfan

We win, Dublin bate Tyrone and Donegal bate Tyrone.
All quite possible.
We'll defo lose out on score difference sadly (or thankfully :o)

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2018, 01:08:03 AM
We win, Dublin bate Tyrone and Donegal bate Tyrone.
All quite possible.
We'll defo lose out on score difference sadly (or thankfully :o)

Yeah. Imagine the extension McStay will get for making the semis! The horror!

Rossfan

Gabriel_Hurl

will both teams be wearing their away kits?

Rossfan

We'll probably be in blue anyway.

Blowitupref

Or Donegal could wear the Roscommon blue jerseys again

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dlgael

Classic photo. What year? Colm Anthony and Christy were only nippers. Re the game I am worried. If Roscommon hadn't shipped such a catastrophic defeat we'd be in a stronger position than now. It's unlikely we'll  win by a similar margin in the Hyde if we do win. We therefore need Dublin to win to make the Ballybofey game a simple winner takes all contest. Home advantage is a big plus for the Rossies on Saturday.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 18, 2018, 01:55:35 AM
will both teams be wearing their away kits?

I'd imagine Donegal and O'Neills would like the green with the gold hoop jersey given an airing.