Quote from: weareros on July 23, 2018, 01:05:49 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 12:08:45 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 11:19:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on July 22, 2018, 10:57:15 PM
Mayo4sam

Hye had a lucky escape.....

Mcstay arguably  is a spoofer once it gets beyond playing Leitrim

D1 semis, promotion, back-to-back AIQFs and a Nestor Cup - some spoofing lad! I think the spoofer here may be you.

Had McStay got the draw Galway got the last three years, we'd have made a quick exit every year. As Mayo4Sam correctly pointed out, Galway decided  to develop a team that would no longer be bullied. We are still waiting and that's on our management.

If if if if had. C'mon, you don't have a leg to stand on - just let him get on with his job without trying to invent another circus. You're part of the faction who have never liked McStay and we all know it.

Already said I like him and the positive way he wants to play football. There's a thing called realism and the big teams don't allow you to to play that way. Something needs to change. Is he the man to accomplish that. Afraid, I don't think we have the luxury of wasting a 4th year on what clearly are not strengths of the two Macs.

If you seriously think he can't get his S&C coach to whip up a more intensive conditioning program and find a tackling coach I don't know what to say. Whoever replaces him in your fantasy world would have to do the exact same things and it would likely take months to appoint them, putting us behind the ball for 2019 immediately. Let the man do the job he was hired to do ffs.

Probably the most stupidest thing you have come out with on here and that's saying something.
What the hell has he been at the last number of years.Since Kerry hammered us in the league semi a defensive set up should have been worked upon if Mcstay actually believed what he was saying about being at the top table.
He threw his original colleague under the bus in year 1 for even contemplating such a set up.
Your term of just whipping up a more intensive programme just proofs what kind of a spoofer/bandwagoner you really are.You just don't whip something like that and expect it to work in the short term.S+C takes time to evolve and progress and players have to work hard at it and it has to be married into a teams game plan.
Its not a short term philosophy.
We tried a defensive approach last Saturday and it just proofs how long teams have to work at a set up like that to reap results.
We had Diarmuid isolated and when he won his ball the only players he could see within 40 yards was three or four donegal defenders.Our runners weren't fit enough to get up and support.
For me he is a busted flush at this stage as the last two games and the next one will have put this group back a good bit in terms of their mentality which was fragile against top sides anyway.
The dogs in the street knew we should have worked on this after the Mayo game last year and its shocking how far back we have gone and as far as i can see he is too blame.

Rossfan

As I said earlier we were outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1.
We were down to the 3k or so who never miss a Championship game.
We'll probably be down to the "NFL 500" for the Dublin game.

Any management that after 3 years hasn't seen the need for S&C  and defensive systems (basic requirement at County level) should climb off their high horse and admit they got it wrong and ride off into the sunset before they do any more damage to our current squad of reasonably decent players.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: theyellowbus on July 23, 2018, 11:16:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 01:21:03 AM
Mayo4sam

D1 semis, promotion, back-to-back AIQFs and a Nestor Cup - some spoofing lad! I think the spoofer here may be you.

Had McStay got the draw Galway got the last three years, we'd have made a quick exit every year. As Mayo4Sam correctly pointed out, Galway decided  to develop a team that would no longer be bullied. We are still waiting and that's on our management.

If if if if had. C'mon, you don't have a leg to stand on - just let him get on with his job without trying to invent another circus. You're part of the faction who have never liked McStay and we all know it.

Already said I like him and the positive way he wants to play football. There's a thing called realism and the big teams don't allow you to to play that way. Something needs to change. Is he the man to accomplish that. Afraid, I don't think we have the luxury of wasting a 4th year on what clearly are not strengths of the two Macs.

If you seriously think he can't get his S&C coach to whip up a more intensive conditioning program and find a tackling coach I don't know what to say. Whoever replaces him in your fantasy world would have to do the exact same things and it would likely take months to appoint them, putting us behind the ball for 2019 immediately. Let the man do the job he was hired to do ffs.

Probably the most stupidest thing you have come out with on here and that's saying something.
What the hell has he been at the last number of years.Since Kerry hammered us in the league semi a defensive set up should have been worked upon if Mcstay actually believed what he was saying about being at the top table.
He threw his original colleague under the bus in year 1 for even contemplating such a set up.
Your term of just whipping up a more intensive programme just proofs what kind of a spoofer/bandwagoner you really are.You just don't whip something like that and expect it to work in the short term.S+C takes time to evolve and progress and players have to work hard at it and it has to be married into a teams game plan.
We tried a defensive approach last Saturday and it just proofs how long teams have to work at a set up like that to reap results.
We had Diarmuid isolated and when he won his ball the only players he could see within 40 yards was three or four donegal defenders.Our runners weren't fit enough to get up and support.
For me he is a busted flush at this stage as the last two games and the next one will have put this group back a good bit in terms of their mentality which was fragile against top sides anyway.
The dogs in the street knew we should have worked on this after the Mayo game last year and its shocking how far back we have gone and as far as i can see he is too blame.

This is a very long-winded way of saying "I don't like McStay and I never did". Frankly it's a pathetic attitude and one that's been at the heart of a lot of the pointless nonsense in this county over the years. Always assuming you know best. Results say something very different in this case so take yer medicine and move on.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 11:31:08 AM
Quote from: theyellowbus on July 23, 2018, 11:16:50 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 23, 2018, 01:21:03 AM
Mayo4sam

This is a very long-winded way of saying "I don't like McStay and I never did". Frankly it's a pathetic attitude and one that's been at the heart of a lot of the pointless nonsense in this county over the years. Always assuming you know best. Results say something very different in this case so take yer medicine and move on.

I don't care who is manager as long as they are doing the job they are entrusted to do.
RESULTS?? Beating Leitrim and Armagh and losing to galway in a home connacht final and then being made look worse than we actually are because we have  a manager who only likes one way of playing football.
We beat louth in the league,managed to pull the game out of the bag against Tipperary when for the majority of the game we were second fiddle,lost to a Down team which i don't recall ever being as bad in my lifetime and we were worse that day,drawing to meath at home when meath decide to actually start playing in the last 15 minutes.In fairness we have had some sprinkling of good performances but you would swear by you that we were a top five side.
If you and your like want to bury the head in the sand and not look at facts and be realistic then that's your problem but unless this management team changes tact substantially although i think at this stage thats even too late for them or is changed then we are in for a very rude awakening next year.

You haven't once made one comment on how our style of play is making us whipping boys?

Rossfan

Clown thinks repeating sh1te over and over proves we're all wrong except him, that Tyrone didn't score 4-24, that McStay is doing a great job and blah bloody blah.
Then when reality is pointed out to him it's "Ye hate McStay".

Oldira

I ahve to admit I am in tow minds about McStay staying on. Yes we have had easy draws and two of our defeats have been utter catastrophes but we idi acheice our stated objectives for 2018. Kenin Walsh was nearly ousted last year and a lot of Galway fans were calling for his head but he changed tack and brought in somer outside help. We need to do that. If McStay goes who do we replace him with? There is nobody within Roscommon that I can think of and as for an outsider who could we get? Banty? Canavan? McGrath?All yesterdays men. We do nee3d a defensive coach and certainly a lot more work to be done on fitness and S&C. Maybe its worth giving McStay the same chane Walsh got. I dont think another manager is the answer unless its Jim McGuiness or Jim Gavin. 

Rossfan

If he has the humility to admit he's got it wrong, get the right people into his backroom team and maybe get surgery to separate himself from McHale. ....
Pity he didn't do that after the Croker mauling last year but I suppose better late than never.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 11:13:13 AM
Listened to game on the radio, seemed to be a big Donegal following there. Has the Roscommon public stopped going to support their own in the usual large numbers?
Donegal Ulster champions and were competitive v Dublin were always going to out number a team in support that had lost their last game by 18 points.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 23, 2018, 01:28:53 PM
Listened to game on the radio, seemed to be a big Donegal following there. Has the Roscommon public stopped going to support their own in the usual large numbers?
Donegal Ulster champions and were competitive v Dublin were always going to out number a team in support that had lost their last game by 18 points.
Roscommon outnumbered Galway at connacht final.
Support has disappeared since

Jinxy

Losing isn't the problem.
Fans can handle losing.
When it goes beyond that, however, it takes all the good out of the thing.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

theyellowbus

Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
Fans can handle losing.

Exactly we are well used to losing down through the years but its the almost the feeling of inevitability that surrounds us is the killer for a lot of people.

spuds

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 23, 2018, 01:51:29 PM
Donegal IMO were never going to beat Roscommon by a big score and being outnumbered at home by a support with for example a 3 hour drive from Letterkenny is surprising to me.

Can totally understand why very few will travel to Croke park for Dublin game.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: spuds on July 23, 2018, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 23, 2018, 01:51:29 PM
Donegal IMO were never going to beat Roscommon by a big score and being outnumbered at home by a support with for example a 3 hour drive from Letterkenny is surprising to me.

Can totally understand why very few will travel to Croke park for Dublin game.
Our second game in Croke Park

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Jinxy on July 23, 2018, 01:56:12 PM
Fans can handle losing.

Most knowledgeable Roscommon supporters knew with the way they are so poorly organized in defence that they had little or no chance to be competitive in any of their super 8 games.  It shouldn't be too much for supporters to expect Roscommon to be more organized and that way they will then be more competitive in games against the better teams. They are a side that has taken enough hammerings and will get another year experience in Div one to live and learn at this stage if not then McStay is clearly not the right manager to bring this group of Roscommon players forward.

Rossfan

The casual fans and bandwagon error will hitch themselves if they think there's a bit of hope.
Unlike some people they knew after Tyrone that we were a busted flush and jumped overboard.
I got me season ticket email today for the Dublin game.
I wonder will even some of us now opt out?
The Club Rossies held off their draw a few weeks ago after the Armagh game no doubt hoping we'd hold our own in the Qtr Finals and sell a load more  :-\