Terrorist Glorification versus Honouring Fallen Heroes

Started by Orior, November 22, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: haranguerer on November 23, 2017, 06:02:55 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 23, 2017, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on November 23, 2017, 10:06:46 AM
There's another very important aspect to be considered - SF need to keep their grassroots onside. It isn't in anyone's interest for grumblings to start about them abandoning the struggle, and the potential for havoc that perceived vacuum would have.

Err, you're talking about the party that isn't even bothering it's hole negotiating an agreement to resume power-sharing and brought it down in the first place? SF are chaos.

Christ you really haven't a notion.

It's pretty clear I can see the whole picture while most here are still firing rocks from their insular little nationalist boxes. Any criticism of SF or McGuiness or Adams is always met with this silly, childish whataboutry. It's not fooling anyone in the south.

haranguerer

You can hardly claim to speak for the south you clown

Syferus

Quote from: haranguerer on November 23, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

My opinion of SF and Adams is very, very widespread. Ffs the main parties won't even humour them for a coalition, open your eyes. SF are still a long way from normalising their legacy.

foxcommander

He's THE top spokesperson for the free state

a bit like the time he claimed to be the king of the internet

Quote from: Syferus on October 06, 2017, 01:43:57 PM
I graduated from college with a BSc. in Computer Science, work as a software dev and have used computers since I could walk and have been involved with forums nearly as long (some being very much comparable to this in size, so don't think I don't understand the logistics) - there is no 'alluding' to my experience with technology - it's there in black and white.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

charlieTully

Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2017, 07:12:46 PM

He's THE top spokesperson for the free state

a bit like the time he claimed to be the king of the internet

Quote from: Syferus on October 06, 2017, 01:43:57 PM
I graduated from college with a BSc. in Computer Science, work as a software dev and have used computers since I could walk and have been involved with forums nearly as long (some being very much comparable to this in size, so don't think I don't understand the logistics) - there is no 'alluding' to my experience with technology - it's there in black and white.

There is no doubt. He is a cnut. He likely comes from a long line of cnuts and anything he spawns will be a cnut. Just like his royal pal mountbatten.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on November 23, 2017, 06:29:45 PM

My opinion of SF and Adams is very, very widespread. Ffs the main parties won't even humour them for a coalition, open your eyes. SF are still a long way from normalising their legacy.

Meanwhile other Rossies dislike of Adams is based on he besmirching republicanism........

you have a very traditional blue view of republicanism and Sinn Fein.  Does normalizing legacy mean wearing poppies and join the commonwealth  like your FG clown Frankie Feighan espouses

It must gall you that Ballaghdereen returns a republican county councillor

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on November 23, 2017, 11:07:29 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 23, 2017, 06:29:45 PM

Meanwhile other Rossies dislike of Adams is based on he besmirching republicanism........

you have a very traditional blue view of republicanism and Sinn Fein.  Does normalizing legacy mean wearing poppies and join the commonwealth  like your FG clown Frankie Feighan espouses

It must gall you that Ballaghdereen returns a republican county councillor

I gave Michael Mulligan my #2 preference after Ming the one time I could vote for him before they reorganised the electoral area. A personal vote because he's a good man. A family friend, actually.

I hate to put a stop to your pretty hilarious Mystic Meg fantasies but I've never voted #1 for any FG or FF candidate at local, national or European level.

I hope you can recover.

Owen Brannigan

Interesting how Syferus espousing his own views has drawn out the ad hominem brigade because his views are contrary to their own narrative.

NAG1

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 24, 2017, 08:51:58 AM
Interesting how Syferus espousing his own views has drawn out the ad hominem brigade because his views are contrary to their own narrative.

I dont think it is the fact that his narrative is different its the fact that is based on a lack knowledge or a twisted sense of what he believes to be the case.

Most posters on here are willing to aknowledge the past with a bit of realism and actually have lived through it close at hand. So for someone to sit and throw mudballs with the intention of belittling or changing the past it seems to irk posters, but that seems to be the exact reason for doing so.

trueblue1234

You don't think saying half the North lack common sense is provocation enough? Or calling posters insular for disagreeing with him?

I wonder why you felt the need to jump to his protection but not pull him on his comments? 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tiempo

Quote from: NAG1 on November 24, 2017, 09:46:18 AM

I dont think it is the fact that his narrative is different its the fact that is based on a lack knowledge or a twisted sense of what he believes to be the case.

Most posters on here are willing to aknowledge the past with a bit of realism and actually have lived through it close at hand. So for someone to sit and throw mudballs with the intention of belittling or changing the past it seems to irk posters, but that seems to be the exact reason for doing so.

Quisling from the demilitrized zone of Roscommon, tagline: vomiting opinions on Gaah board since 2011.

Rossfan

He's not alone in vomiting nonsense here.
He's bought into the narrative of SF/IRA/ Republicans/Nationalist bad -everyone else good. Also only those Bad crowd did anything wrong and only people killed or injured by them can be victims .

Then we have those who are the direct opposite - IRA heroes everyone else awful Free State blah blah.
The truth as usual lies in between.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on November 24, 2017, 11:23:23 AM
He's bought into the narrative of SF/IRA/ Republicans/Nationalist bad -everyone else good. Also only those Bad crowd did anything wrong and only people killed or injured by them can be victims .

Then we have those who are the direct opposite - IRA heroes everyone else awful Free State blah blah.

Everyone else isn't good, but they damn well are better than an organisation that terrorised, murdered and robbed people. SF was/is just the political wing of the PIRA. This is not hyperbole but simply unavoidable fact. You don't find much love for the IRA around Shannon's Cross, Rossfan.

JoG2

Quote from: Syferus on November 24, 2017, 02:52:22 PM

Everyone else isn't good, but they damn well are better than an organisation that terrorised, murdered and robbed people. SF was/is just the political wing of the PIRA. This is not hyperbole but simply unavoidable fact. You don't find much love for the IRA around Shannon's Cross, Rossfan.

Gone please stop writing about something you've zero experience of, you've a serious want for attention that isn't healthy. Felt like eating my own face after reading this thread. Just be content you were born a safe distance from us cast a drift up north and leave it at that.

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on November 24, 2017, 03:02:50 PM
Quote from: Syferus on November 24, 2017, 02:52:22 PM

Gone please stop writing about something you've zero experience of, you've a serious want for attention that isn't healthy. Felt like eating my own face after reading this thread. Just be content you were born a safe distance from us cast a drift up north and leave it at that.

If that's your attempt to dismiss a perfectly valid viewpoint it was very, very weak.