Sean Cavanagh Retires.

Started by mrhardyannual, August 27, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 28, 2017, 01:01:32 AM
An absolute legend for Tyrone and was the ultimate big game player. He can retire with his head held high and has brought me so many personal memories that I, and other Tyrone supporters will carry for a very long time. Thanks Sean.

Here's the man himself showing a touch more class than a certain Armagh troll in here...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/gaelic-games/41067589

Classy  interview indeed and nice scenes at the end with his girls. A colossus on the football field over an incredibly long period of time for the old enemy (the hoor!)  :D

WT4E

Didn't take big Sean to drop the RTE boycott - Less than 24 hours! :)

Rossfan

Best wishes Sean.
You were a good one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

southtyronegael

Best wishes to big Sean and thank you for all the memories. You left the stage with class and your head held high. Just a pity the manager hasn't the class to do the same.

macdanger2

Class player and while it was a tough way to go out, he can look back proudly on a more successful career than most.

BennyHarp

It'll be a sad day when we see a Tyrone team line out next year without Sean. An absolute giant of the game and his greatest quality for me was ability to create great match winning moments even when not particularly having the best of games, e.g. The last 10 mins in the 05 semi final and last years Ulster Final. 2008 was obviously his peak as he sacrificed his natural game in midfield to fill a void in our attack and won player of the year. Just brilliant!
That was never a square ball!!

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

ashman

Great player .  Some turn of pace for a big man , a shimmy and a brilliant man to kick a point .

omaghjoe

Thanks for the memories Sean you owe us nothing. Some of the best for me where...
03 Fermanagh goal
08 Dubs
08 Final points Esp the last one
05 Nailing Francie
09 Ulster Final
13 draggin us to a semi (s/b POTY2)
16 Ulster Final
Speed Skills and Hard as nails too boot
Reinvented himself over and over and always looking to improve. Free kicks are a good example they used to be 50/50, this year they nearly all seemed to go over.
His attitude was also important, always positive and I think it infiltrated his teammates. The younger version hated tracking back but he was the last man there in 13 QF to stop a goal of which I thought said a lot about how much he improved on that as well.

16 years playing at the very top What a player.

OakleafCounty

Probably Tyrones greatest all round player of my lifetime and a giant on the field. Up there with the very best of the last 20 years. Great servant to the game.

AZOffaly

Fantastic servant, and a great player for Tyrone. A real driving force and he finishes up as easily one of the best players of the last 15 years. Enjoy the retirement.

grounded

Amazing he has been around for so long as a top Intercounty player. Its hard to imagine the sacrifices he and his family have made. A top top player. Good luck on your retirement, well deserved. 

stew

A tremendous footballer for club and county, he was as good as there was for a decade and a half, not many get to say that, enjoy your retirement big man.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sensethetone

Enjoy your retirement Big Sean.

Fat Angry Motorist

Fantastic footballer, one of the best of the 21st century.  He can now forget about Joe Brolly as a man!
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!